Melbourne and North

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is really complaining. Some of the Norf posters bag MFC mercilessly on their board. We're just giving them a little bit back on ours.

The word 'Norf' really isn't funny unless we're playing them or it's on the bay. Seeing it twice in every post is getting annoying.

The word 'Norf' really isn't funny unless we're playing them or it's on the bay. Seeing it twice in every post is getting annoying.

Sorry, I didn't realise we posted to amuse you.:rolleyes:

You don't. It's just that one word that used to be funny till it was overdone.

Sorry mate. A few of us BF posters are a bit sensitive today. It must be nerves before the big Shanghai Showdown. ;)

I'll take that :) Have to admit my usually winter-only Friday morning nerves ahead of a Demons games.

Pretty wintry day in Melbourne though.

tumblrkzvuzuhxci1qzaeks.gif

It's Norf, not North. Get used to it.

They are. They're little skinny nerds who continuously ring SEN and bitch.

Have no opinion on norf but i do love when the media talk about Scully, Trengove and all our kids, there is always one norf supporter who rings up and says don't forget aboout us. Cunnington, Bastinac, Swallows still young etc etc.

I dont know why Norf are like that 'what about me?'..

All I know is that most ppl I talk to, when I mention that I barrack for the
Dees - most say its their 2nd team and most ppl genuinely love Melbourne.

Norf are somewhat forgotten and dont really cop a mention, most ppl I
know think Norf should fold.

I do believe they have a good list though.

Can we actually finally beat this middle of the road nothing side next year?

We've lost 8 games in a row against North and I can't work this out. It's not as if they're that much better than us :confused:

Maybe this is why we all hate them.

I dont know why Norf are like that 'what about me?'..

All I know is that most ppl I talk to, when I mention that I barrack for the
Dees - most say its their 2nd team and most ppl genuinely love Melbourne.

Norf are somewhat forgotten and dont really cop a mention, most ppl I
know think Norf should fold.

I do believe they have a good list though.

I bet they're astute judges as well :rolleyes:.
Anybody who says that kinda crap is a f***head who would be the worst type of bloke to have a beer with.
I don't speak on behalf of anybody else, but personally I like Melbourne, good song, good culture, good history... and generally good supporters.

Ya'll say that we are hated, scum and whatever else ... but half of the bigfooty fans wouldn't even go to the footy and aren't real supporters, don't purchase memberships etc.... they just come on here to stir others up!

I bet they're astute judges as well :rolleyes:.
Anybody who says that kinda crap is a f***head who would be the worst type of bloke to have a beer with.
I don't speak on behalf of anybody else, but personally I like Melbourne, good song, good culture, good history... and generally good supporters.

Ya'll say that we are hated, scum and whatever else ... but half of the bigfooty fans wouldn't even go to the footy and aren't real supporters, don't purchase memberships etc.... they just come on here to stir others up!

Well, its an opinion, and yes some have less intelligent and thought out opinions then others.... i like north, but scott and some of their supporters constantly baying for media coverage riles me up, maybe because they hope press will gain them some support???

if north were secure as a side with the direction they were heading and the list they had (which they should be) then they should have no need to put themselves out there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's worth pointing out that we were in a similar position to North a few years back. No money, average membership and average crowds. I think a lot of people have forgotten this. Plus, North have done what we haven't done in a long time and that's actually win a flag and sustain winning performances with a s**t team.

I get annoyed with the 'what about me' attitude from a lot of North people as well, but a lot this sort of stuff belongs in the bay.

when were down the shi++er though we were horrid, kangas seem to be going alright and still getting meagre crowds. Things need to change for them and apparently a bright future isnt enough for some of their members.

It's worth pointing out that we were in a similar position to North a few years back. No money, average membership and average crowds. I think a lot of people have forgotten this. Plus, North have done what we haven't done in a long time and that's actually win a flag and sustain winning performances with a s**t team.

I get annoyed with the 'what about me' attitude from a lot of North people as well, but a lot this sort of stuff belongs in the bay.

So do I mate, but honestly I only ever encounter it on here..... and that's nothing to really get worked up about. I've never had the us vs them attitude, I just want all the Victorian clubs to survive.

I dont look at it as I want all Vic clubs to survive, I try to view it in a
broader sense as to whats best for the competition as a whole.

I think 1/2 Victorian sides will have to fold in the next 15 years.

The VFL was a long time ago, which was when Victoria dominated the
football scene, I believe that the further we get away from that time,
the more likely we'll see one of two teams fold or merge.

I like North, but they did have sustained success in the 90s and were
still unable to attract a strong membership base.

If you asked the public if a Vic side had to fold, what side should that
be, I think 90% would say North Melbourne.

Amazing, I've scanned through 5 pages of a Melbourne vs North thread and not a single post from Sweet Left Foot.

Fantastic.

There is only one thing that makes me cringe more than North supporters whining because they don't get as much focus as us (North is a lower profile club with less-publicised draft picks so of course you will get less exposure). That thing is when North and Demons supporters link arms around the bonfire and sing warm and fuzzy songs and talk about how they are going to share heaps of close battles, many in grand finals, over the next ten years. Just lay it off guys. We love our club and our kids and reckon we have a great future. If North supporters think that too, and I'm sure they do, then good on them. Doesn't mean we have to be all lovey-dovey though.

Amazing, I've scanned through 5 pages of a Melbourne vs North thread and not a single post from Sweet Left Foot.

Fantastic.

There is only one thing that makes me cringe more than North supporters whining because they don't get as much focus as us (North is a lower profile club with less-publicised draft picks so of course you will get less exposure). That thing is when North and Demons supporters link arms around the bonfire and sing warm and fuzzy songs and talk about how they are going to share heaps of close battles, many in grand finals, over the next ten years. Just lay it off guys. We love our club and our kids and reckon we have a great future. If North supporters think that too, and I'm sure they do, then good on them. Doesn't mean we have to be all lovey-dovey though.

haha big DAWWG!!

when were down the shi++er though we were horrid, kangas seem to be going alright and still getting meagre crowds. Things need to change for them and apparently a bright future isnt enough for some of their members.

can you narrow that timeframe down a little?

can you narrow that timeframe down a little?

Sorry. We don't mean to offend you. We should be trying to keep North supporters on side. We'll be mailing them membership applications in a couple of years time asking them to become Demon members when they no longer have a club to support.

And that's not even funny because we know it's inevitable.

TBH I don't mind the "what about us" mentality on the North board at times, it isn't overly prevalent but there are threads now and again even if they don't admit it. At the end of the day it is a reminder that when our club is in the news it makes an impact.

They tend to over rate themselves on the North board but they do keep a lid on how they think they'll actually perform down the track at least - knowing it is a soon to be 17 team comp. Contrast this with Richmond supporters who (based on winning in round 22) think they'll become giants of the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back