Member's vote and the Roo

Remove this Banner Ad

It's only rigged if no-one is allowed to stand against roo for that seat.

What's the name for people who look for something to be angry about? That's what's happening here.
What is Roo doesn't get the votes? Does he still get appointed? Of Course he does. Hence the stupidity of including him in the process.

I have a question - my understanding is that to nominate you had to be a paid up member of the club for a set number of years.
I imagine Roo and Jameson are life members, but does this override the 'paid up' member part? Is the 'life member' the same as being an actual member?
I'm certain being a life member would qualify them
Doesn't appear so, they must also be a paid-up member.

(b) An Electing Member is entitled to:
(i) stand for election as an Elected Director in accordance with this constitution;
(ii) vote on any ballot in relation to the election of an Elected Director; and
(iii) attend that part of any meeting where an election is held for an Elected Director (or the entirety of that meeting at the discretion of the Board).

(c) A Life Member will have the right to attend, but not debate, vote or call a general meeting

and

To be eligible to being appointed or elected a Director a person must:
(i) be a person of at least 18 years of age who ordinarily resides in Australia;
(ii) not be a current player or full-time employee of the AFC; and
(iii) in the case of an Elected Director, be an Electing Member.

You can be appointed without being an electing member, but to stand for the elected positions, you must be a member.

Doesn't appear so, they must also be a paid-up member.

(b) An Electing Member is entitled to:
(i) stand for election as an Elected Director in accordance with this constitution;
(ii) vote on any ballot in relation to the election of an Elected Director; and
(iii) attend that part of any meeting where an election is held for an Elected Director (or the entirety of that meeting at the discretion of the Board).

(c) A Life Member will have the right to attend, but not debate, vote or call a general meeting

and

To be eligible to being appointed or elected a Director a person must:
(i) be a person of at least 18 years of age who ordinarily resides in Australia;
(ii) not be a current player or full-time employee of the AFC; and
(iii) in the case of an Elected Director, be an Electing Member.

You can be appointed without being an electing member, but to stand for the elected positions, you must be a member.

How long until Rucci asks the question? Was Roo a paid up member prior to his nomination being accepted?

What is Roo doesn't get the votes? Does he still get appointed? Of Course he does. Hence the stupidity of including him in the process.

"Ricciuto’s return is part of a long held succession plan, which will also see two highly valued and long-serving Board members, Peter Hurley and John Sutton, retire at the end of the year."
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-06-24/ricciuto-returns-to-crows

If this is a long held plan, I can't see why the board would leave such an important decision up to the members.

Mr Hurley said it was a well-planned transition.
“I first raised succession with the Chairman when I was last re-appointed to a three year term, and flagged that Mark Ricciuto would make an ideal Board member to take my place,” he said.
“I am delighted that such an outstanding person is coming onto the Board.

So why are they not appointing him directly?

I think it's a must that Roo be on the board, and I won't be voting against him just because the process is rigged.

It's only rigged if no-one is allowed to stand against roo for that seat. What's the name for people who look for something to be angry about? That's what's happening here.

No one has said it's rigged. That is a ridiculous statement to impose on the posters in this thread. What's the name for people who can't comprehend the written word. That's what you do.

WAKEY WAKEY.

Room for your apology to go here. VVVVVV

The addition of Roo isn't rigging the election, it's the equivalent of the board saying "this is who we think it should be" and the members now have the opportunity to approve that decision.

The addition of Roo isn't rigging the election, it's the equivalent of the board saying "this is who we think it should be" and the members now have the opportunity to approve that decision.

If the board thinks that, then they should put him on the board in the vacancy that exists outside the member voted directors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the board thinks that, then they should put him on the board in the vacancy that exists outside the member voted directors.
If you didn't think his appointment was good for the club you would be glad they are allowing members to vote to approve his appointment.

Imagine months ago instead of Roo they picked Rucci, no one would be complaining about their preference being up for vote.

How long until Rucci asks the question? Was Roo a paid up member prior to his nomination being accepted?
He will now you have pointed it out for him ;)

I'm sure the 1st thing rooch does is searches all posts containing rucci, rooch, roach, etc..

WAKEY WAKEY.

Room for your apology to go here. VVVVVV

Your post "It's only rigged if no-one is allowed to stand against roo for that seat.
What's the name for people who look for something to be angry about? That's what's happening here."

You then come up with a single poster who used the term 'rigged' and it wasn't even in the anger context you referred to. The clear inference from your statement was that many posters were whipping themselves into anger for no good reason. That statement remains way off the mark. So, no, my apology will not be going there, because you're still a douche.

There are posts from earlier with sections of the AFC constitution that seem to indicate that life membership does not grant voting/election rights.

I think all the Club would've needed to do was make sure that Ricciuto and Jameson had at least 3 game memberships prior to nominating. I assume they would've sorted this out. It does seem like the kind of mistake that could slip through if you weren't paying attention though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back