Game Day Roos shellacking at AO - bets on by 1:15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
It won't quite be Eaglesesque, but it'll be big. This is what we train for all preseason, probables v possibles. Let the fun begin.

Last night's draw has moved us up my ladder predictor to 8th. So a nice opportunity to build some more continuity and hope to run a couple of the poor locked in slugs into enough of a good game that their selection isn't questioned for a couple of months.

What's gambling really costing you? Gamble responsibly.

I can't see this game being the blow out some are predicting with the Roos strong midfield/ruck combination capable of going toe to toe with most midfields.
I'll settle for a 20 - 30 point win and no injuries and move on to next week.

I can't see this game being the blow out some are predicting with the Roos strong midfield/ruck combination capable of going toe to toe with most midfields.

yeh, well we had a few posters telling us the Eagles game was a danger game and they were worried.

This would be a pretty AFC sort of game to lose. Those voices in your head telling you never to trust the team. We all have voices right? Right?

Let's assume we get it done though and the game is well within our control, we NEED to capitalise on available percentage. It may just determine our fate.

Also, for those who like added stress, according to my calculations this is the first game of the year we can truly say 'if we don't win this we don't make finals' and whilst it isn't mathematically accurate, it sure as s**t is logically accurate.

For tonight we dine on Kangaroo.

Also see this game as not a total walkover as we seem to play better against the top teams .
See today as lots of wasted opportunities firstly having battlers Murphy and McHenry back in team as surely winning any finals matches will not have either in team.
But just see this game of missed opportunities by leaving the battling short people in and not giving McAdam a game as surely twice the player they are together and makes our forward line with so much more in all areas.
Whilst always believed Worrell was going to make it , don't have same convinced opinion on Borlase but with the continued leg injury concerns Murray has had, it seems a great opportunity especially the way Murray plays to rest him for the must win Essendon etc matches coming up, a great opportunity presented to see if Borlase is a worthwhile back up for season end decisions.

yeh, well we had a few posters telling us the Eagles game was a danger game and they were worried.
Big difference in the Roos formline and that of the WCE.
Roos have been quite competitive WCE not so much.

Last edited:
Was thinking that exact thing. They actually look decent on paper and their mids were good against us last year and they played pretty well v the dogs last week. I expect us to win but not by a big margin

This would be a pretty AFC sort of game to lose. Those voices in your head telling you never to trust the team. We all have voices right? Right?

Let's assume we get it done though and the game is well within our control, we NEED to capitalise on available percentage. It may just determine our fate.

Also, for those who like added stress, according to my calculations this is the first game of the year we can truly say 'if we don't win this we don't make finals' and whilst it isn't mathematically accurate, it sure as s**t is logically accurate.

For tonight we dine on Kangaroo.

My ladder predictor has us beating Dons, Saints and Freo into 8th on %. That said, I only adjusted margins for the obvious hawks, eagles and Roos games. Today I reckon we win by 10 goals but leak a few that good teams wouldn't that costs us an 80 odd point result.

Big difference in the Roos formline and that of the WCE.
Roos have Ben quite competitive WCE not so much.

Roos have been better, but they're still a rabble. Beat Freo away in round 2, but other interstate games are 75 point loss to lions and 43 to suns. Even par is about 10 goals today. Conditions permitting.

A great opportunity for us to make a statement that we’re hungry for Finals. if we play like the team from our past 2 rounds, then we should win convincingly.

North are looking like big improvers in their past month of footy, so will be interesting to see the final outcome.

Crows by 40

Cant see us losing this one, will be much closer than the Eagles game but if we maintain our home form we should win by 40+ especially if we get off to a good start like we have most games this year at home.

Hoping to see Rachele and Rankine light it up and Tex to kick a bag and maintain his Colman lead.

Also would love to see our younger kids get some midfield time this week rather than just the more experienced guys. Soligo, Pedlar and Rachele should all have at least 10 CBA each.

Was thinking that exact thing. They actually look decent on paper and their mids were good against us last year and they played pretty well v the dogs last week. I expect us to win but not by a big margin
They’ve lost 12 in a row, their only 2 wins are by a total of 6pts vs west coast and freo when they sucked.
They are no good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best them by 171pts

Ah you mean Swans/Eagles.

Pretty flat that Sholl is the sub.

He’s clearly not up to it, yet we cling to him rather than rewarding Schoenberg’s SANFL efforts and despite us apparently rating Harry enough to give him a 2 year extension.

He’s clearly not up to it, yet we cling to him rather than rewarding Schoenberg’s SANFL efforts and despite us apparently rating Harry enough to give him a 2 year extension.
The only benefit I see is using the sub on someone on the way out rather than on someone on the way in.
If someone is in good form in the sanfl and deserves to come in, why muck up their form by giving them a game as sub where they may only get 1 qtr or less.
McHenry has been stuck in that cycle for most of the year.

Rather have Schoey play a full game than be sub.

round 1 Roos beat them by a point at home. Eagles definitely have gotten worse, but Roos no better.

Carn... in the last month Kangas were competitive all game with Dogs & GWS and should've beaten essendon. In that time WCE have lost their games by an average of 118 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back