Preview Changes rd 23 vs Sydney, Saturday 7pm AO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be a tough week for selection with Rankine coming back.

I think maybe we drop Borlase and go for a smaller backline, with Sloane going back to sub too.

Rankine and Rachele the ins.

Will be a tough week for selection with Rankine coming back.

I think maybe we drop Borlase and go for a smaller backline, with Sloane going back to sub too.

Rankine and Rachele the ins.
How about Sloane goes right out. Great servant but put a fork in him, he is done.

How about Sloane goes right out. Great servant but put a fork in him, he is done.

Will enjoy the melts when he gets a 1 year contract. Coming off being in the top 15 paid players in the league over the last 5 years too. Should offer him rookie wage as a take it or leave it. Loyalty means nothing. He was paid way overs to stay, now he can do the team thing and give his midfield minutes to the younger jets.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Will enjoy the melts when he gets a 1 year contract. Coming off being in the top 15 paid players in the league over the last 5 years too. Should offer him rookie wage as a take it or leave it. Loyalty means nothing. He was paid way overs to stay, now he can do the team thing and give his midfield minutes to the younger jets.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I can't change what the club does so don't care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given we need to win to even have a chance at finals, I'd drop Sloane even if he is retiring.

Should have made the call before the Gold Coast game if he wanted the big farewell. Too late for that now.

Sydney are no pushovers and Sloane clearly reduces our chances of winning

Ins: Rankine, Cook
Outs: Murphy, Sloane

B: Michalanney, Keane, Borlase
HB: Milera, Worrell, Hinge
C: Soligo, Dawson, Cook
HF: Pedlar, Walker, Keays
F: Rankine, Fogarty, McAdam
R: Thilthorpe, Schoenberg, Crouch
I: Nankervis, Laird, Smith, O'Brien
Sub: Rachele

Edit - forgot Rachele, he can remain as sub though would like to squeeze him in.

Last edited:
If Sloane is retiring then he deserves a farewell game and it won't affect us making finals now as it's very unlikely we qualify.

If he isn't retiring then it's:
Out
Sloane (indefinitely) Thilthorpe Murphy Borlase

In
Cook Gollant Rankine Rachele

The Sydney tall forward Amartey looks to have done a hammy so Keane Worrell Hinge should be sufficient talls.

Smith Keane Max
Hinge Worrell Milera
Soligo Laird Cook
Rachele Walker McAdam
Rankine Fogarty Schoenberg

ROB Dawson Pedlar

Gollant Crouch Nankervis Keays

Last edited:
Out

sloane and murph

In

rankine and rachele

murph can be sub.

sloane can GAGF’d forever.

how they can watch his game tonight (and in recent weeks too) and think he’s best 23 is scary.. how can they actually be thinking that he’s providing value?.

someone mentioned he may be providing ”leadership help for Dawson“..

seriously?.. is that how desperate these morons have become to try and keep him?..

Rachele provided a huge spark when he came on.. should never have been made sub..

we probably wouldve won if rory was sub instead.. he wouldnt have been out there to make those shocking turnovers that led to lions goals in that first half.

So the club is cooked. How did that happen.
Its been cooked for years..

pretty much since Blighty left..

conservative nanny state club that has always shy’d away from the hard decisions, always been a little boys club of favourites etc, always takes the cautious approach.

no hard edge.. Vanilla. Mentally weak.

Its been cooked for years..

pretty much since Blighty left..

conservative nanny state club that has always shy’d away from the hard decisions, always been a little boys club of favourites etc, always takes the cautious approach.

no hard edge.. Vanilla. Mentally weak.
We need a ruthless coach and a cleanout of the boys club admin. A coach like Sam Mitchell is the type of coach we need. Don't like the bloke but he does what needs to be done. Buckley has a bit of mongrel in him as well and doesn't care who he pisses off. Just don't know if he is up to scratch tactically. I know he will help our defence though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back