Preview Changes rd 23 vs Sydney, Saturday 7pm AO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do Sydney really play that well at AO? We’ve barely played them here the last few seasons, so pretty hard to get a form line from that. Lost by 3 points to them in 2017 (we kicked poorly and they kicked super accurately) and then 3 points in 2020 in a game in front of no one. They’re in good form, but this is a game we should be winning based on our recent form and form at AO this year.
They have a 2-0 record against us, but close games, so they play well as 100% record.

One of those games Heeney was the difference... don't think he is the same player now.

We should win if we bring it for 4 quarters.

Do Sydney really play that well at AO? We’ve barely played them here the last few seasons, so pretty hard to get a form line from that. Lost by 3 points to them in 2017 (we kicked poorly and they kicked super accurately) and then 3 points in 2020 in a game in front of no one. They’re in good form, but this is a game we should be winning based on our recent form and form at AO this year.
They dont go well against Port here but seem to like playing us, 4 times in 9 years is almost Carlton levels absence from Adelaide at AO.

Looking at their form line its Essendon by 2, Bulldogs by 2, Giants by 11 (it was 10.0 at one point!). Their good wins came against Freo in Perth and the Suns last Saturday. They are in good form, but not blistering like Carlton who have beaten 3 of the top 4 in the run of wins.

Wtf type of post is this Wayne? Are we all supposed be impressed or something by this weird leading comment?

Do too want us to ask what your profession is so we can all see how positive a person you are?

Very strange to try and link your stance on the selection of Sloane and Murphy over Pedlar and Nankervis to your role / attitude at work.
Can a cheerleader be negative?
Makes sense I guess.

Wtf type of post is this Wayne? Are we all supposed be impressed or something by this weird leading comment?

Do too want us to ask what your profession is so we can all see how positive a person you are?

Very strange to try and link your stance on the selection of Sloane and Murphy over Pedlar and Nankervis to your role / attitude at work.
Wayne is in the cast of Mary Poppins

Still trying? Who said experience starts at 30?

All 3 only played due to injury or none would have had a game this year and we’d still be wondering.

Nankervis has been dropped. Sloane remains. What more do you need that Nicks favours experience over development? Murphy remains, Pedlar subbed.

Does it burn whenever someone criticises Nicks? But I would have thought this week even you would pull your head in and think fuxk.

Will generally reply and defend the club or coaches when criticism is put forward that isn’t thought through.

In this case yes those players only got games because of injury and would not have got a look in otherwise

But they weren’t sitting behind a 32 yr old Hartigan or a 33 yr old Talia - we moved those guys on.

They are behind a couple of other kids that have been rated above them in the pecking order and have played 30 games. You can’t just chop and change the kids you have put faith in otherwise you end up with all of them on 30 games and rather than some on 60

In terms of this week. I think I have agreed that the Sloane selection is frustrating and I have said I wouldn’t have resigned him. But I do have faith that the club and coaches want to win and they

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They dont go well against Port here but seem to like playing us, 4 times in 9 years is almost Carlton levels absence from Adelaide at AO.

Looking at their form line its Essendon by 2, Bulldogs by 2, Giants by 11 (it was 10.0 at one point!). Their good wins came against Freo in Perth and the Suns last Saturday. They are in good form, but notBlakey blistering like Carlton who have beaten 3 of the top 4 in the run of wins.
The swans were on a downward trajectory due to all their injuries in the backline but they have got McArtin and a few others back. I think their threat up forward is their small/medium brigade, Papley, Hayward, Gulden, Heeney. Blakey is pretty important for them down back and creates their run. Rowbottom, Warner, Mills important in the middle. Just need to focus on Blakey and make sure their smalls don't get out of control up forward.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have a 2-0 record against us, but close games, so they play well as 100% record.

One of those games Heeney was the difference... don't think he is the same player now.

We are actually 1-3 against them at AO in 9 seasons, that one win was a cracking game in 2016 in front of 50k. Their record against Port here isn’t great.

They HAVE to keep Sloane to save face and justify his re-signing for 2024.
Ironically, it's had the reverse effect and made them look even more like total drongos.

Retaining Murphy is further proof.
Is Peds the sub? If Sloane is really stinking it up they will get him off quickly.

No, we beat them here in 16

Interesting that during the Rush hour on Monday, Jars was pretty clear on where he thought Sloane was. Vince tried to soften that stance making excuses for him but how does 13 possessions playing in the guts in a must win game in the guts not get attention?
Glad someone in the media has the balls to say it, problem is it’s only Jars.

Will generally reply and defend the club or coaches when criticism is put forward that isn’t thought through.

In this case yes those players only got games because of injury and would not have got a look in otherwise

But they weren’t sitting behind a 32 yr old Hartigan or a 33 yr old Talia - we moved those guys on.

They are behind a couple of other kids that have been rated above them in the pecking order and have played 30 games. You can’t just chop and change the kids you have put faith in otherwise you end up with all of them on 30 games and rather than some on 60

In terms of this week. I think I have agreed that the Sloane selection is frustrating and I have said I wouldn’t have resigned him. But I do have faith that the club and coaches want to win and they

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Do you have faith that they’ve made the right decision despite wanting to win?

Did you have faith when Nicks said Nank wasn’t ready and yet when snuck in due to illness and showed he was?

Did you have faith when Nicks picked Sloane against Brisbane and how did that go?

Having blind faith in a coach and then trying to negate criticisms of the coach on a footy forum is not only wrong it’s futile, your opinions even if sometimes ok, gets lost in your cheerleading.

Same could be said of us I guess but we are far more balanced than some of you who only know one view, back Nicks. So let that sink in.

We are actually 1-3 against them at AO in 9 seasons, that one win was a cracking game in 2016 in front of 50k. Their record against Port here isn’t great.
That was the game where Atkins played an absolute blinder in only his 10th or so game from memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back