Preview Changes rd 23 vs Sydney, Saturday 7pm AO.

Remove this Banner Ad

The swans were on a downward trajectory due to all their injuries in the backline but they have got McArtin and a few others back. I think their threat up forward is their small/medium brigade, Papley, Hayward, Gulden, Heeney. Blakey is pretty important for them down back and creates their run. Rowbottom, Warner, Mills important in the middle. Just need to focus on Blakey and make sure their smalls don't get out of control up forward.
I think we are in a much better position to handle their small forwards then their tall forwards, given our injuries down back.

If Nicks has the right game plan set, I think Keays could run amok up forward, as Rankine and Rachele will get all the focus.

Likeliest answer: McHenry is probably off for personal reasons then, and since he wasn't in the senior side and hence didn't need to be dropped, they felt no compulsion to tell anyone anything.
Off fishing...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on what Sloane himself has said, Year 2 after an ACL will be better --- he's banking on being resuscitated by Burgess, another pre-season and Year 2 Syndrome.
That’s good enough for me.. get him in the middle and drop the kids to the 2’s….Premiership here we come! Anyone know of some good accommodation near Jolimont for the end of September next year?

It's weird how this "leadership" hill they've decided to die on to justify selecting Sloane absolutely trashes other players without them even knowing or seemingly caring about it.

Our midfield has Dawson (C), Laird (in the leadership group), ROB (in the leadership group), Smith (in the leadership group) and Crouch (former in the leadership group and has captained). What exactly is 4/5ths of our leadership group, including the Captain of the club incapable of doing that we must have Sloane in to make up for? Is Dawson suddenly incapable of knowing what to do for the 20 minutes Schoenberg gets to spend on ball a game?

If we were playing him in the back pocket with a bunch of guys under 30 games I might buy that argument, but we put him in the area of the ground where we have the most experience already, so what exactly is he adding other than some "roo-rah, let's go boys!" pep talks in the break?

Just to be that guy, Laird is certainly a senior player but is not, and never has been, in our leadership group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back