Preview Changes rd 23 vs Sydney, Saturday 7pm AO.

Remove this Banner Ad

cant see Hinge coming up based on his injury last week.

If he does he will be really sore.

Late change maybe with Nank returning to the side.
Like I said when the team was announced last night I won't believe Hinge is good to go until the final team sheets come out. I suspect there could be a bit of ducks and drake's going on with selection.

Do you have faith that they’ve made the right decision despite wanting to win?

Did you have faith when Nicks said Nank wasn’t ready and yet when snuck in due to illness and showed he was?

Did you have faith when Nicks picked Sloane against Brisbane and how did that go?

Having blind faith in a coach and then trying to negate criticisms of the coach on a footy forum is not only wrong it’s futile, your opinions even if sometimes ok, gets lost in your cheerleading.

Same could be said of us I guess but we are far more balanced than some of you who only know one view, back Nicks. So let that sink in.

I agree it probably does come across as cheerleading sometimes - but I would argue that is due to the unrelenting, in many cases poorly thought out criticism

I don’t think I have seen too many posts from your good self praising Nicks for his attacking game plan (particularly after your criticism last year of his negativity) that has us as the highest scoring team in the comp
Or after good wins against top 8 sides praising Nicks for his coaching and set ups etc

It’s pretty one way - disagree with a selection, a sub and go on and on about it

Haven’t seen any Mentions of Reid or Hamish anywhere on the board for a while either and they would significant (Reid) players in any list management decisions

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s not about defending or supporting. The proof and truth comes from the scoreboard.

What I accept - with the likes of Pedlar and Rachele I accept that the club has been managing them through the back part of the year with minutes and games. Quite possible that’s the case with Nank (I did tip he would be dropped earlier this thread). They have been trying to balance having only 10-12 players with 50 or less games for sometime

They don’t need to manage Murphy for that as he has an AFL tank
Sloane they have managed all year with 60 ish percent game time

So I accept they have knowledge and information I don’t that they base decisions on - I trust they want to win because it keeps them in a well paid job and cutting the rubbish they are competitive people. You don’t get to these levels without that

You and others choose to think they have no idea, aren’t working to a bigger picture than you have and that they all risk their jobs every week to pick their mates and favourites

So we have a different view

At the end of the day if they get it wrong they wear it - and the coach is first to go. So if these decisions are so horrible then he will find himself in all sorts of trouble by mid next year - regardless if we extend him

I feel this game is super tough regardless of the side we put out there. Sydney play well here, are on winning form and need to win as much as we do

But we need to win - let’s see what happens

STOP MAKING SENSE.jpg
Waaaaay too thoughtful, clear and well-explained .... :thumbsupv1:

Based on what Sloane himself has said, Year 2 after an ACL will be better --- he's banking on being resuscitated by Burgess, another pre-season and Year 2 Syndrome.
He must taking the Benjamin Button tablets over summer if he thinks he is going to be better next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not about defending or supporting. The proof and truth comes from the scoreboard.

What I accept - with the likes of Pedlar and Rachele I accept that the club has been managing them through the back part of the year with minutes and games. Quite possible that’s the case with Nank (I did tip he would be dropped earlier this thread). They have been trying to balance having only 10-12 players with 50 or less games for sometime

They don’t need to manage Murphy for that as he has an AFL tank
Sloane they have managed all year with 60 ish percent game time

So I accept they have knowledge and information I don’t that they base decisions on - I trust they want to win because it keeps them in a well paid job and cutting the rubbish they are competitive people. You don’t get to these levels without that

You and others choose to think they have no idea, aren’t working to a bigger picture than you have and that they all risk their jobs every week to pick their mates and favourites

So we have a different view

At the end of the day if they get it wrong they wear it - and the coach is first to go. So if these decisions are so horrible then he will find himself in all sorts of trouble by mid next year - regardless if we extend him

I feel this game is super tough regardless of the side we put out there. Sydney play well here, are on winning form and need to win as much as we do

But we need to win - let’s see what happens

What do you feel a need to stretch the stats? Why not post them as they really are.
Sloane’s time on ground is 66.7 % and that’s including the game he was sub. So in reality closer to 70 ish
Pedlar only had a rest two weeks ago, surely he doesn’t need another as sub?
Nank has only played a few games, bit early to be managed, although I’m in the camp of believing he will come in for Hinge.
No-one that I remember has ever said Murphy needs to be managed. He needs to be dropped altogether.
Of course they have inside knowledge we don’t which is why it’s frustrating when they keep screwing up 😝
Agree that the coach will wear it, it’s a shame others responsible don’t as well.

But I do have faith that the club and coaches want to win and they

Why do you keep posting 'they want to win' as a definitive exculpatory statement?

It is entirely meaningless.

If a pudding sits in the forest but nobody eats it...
No they wont..

They’ll sub pedlar on for Borlase..

They love pulling a KPD to inject some speed..

Sloane will play a full game.. and only actually do something useful in one quarter of it!

No they wont..

They’ll sub pedlar on for Borlase..

They love pulling a KPD to inject some speed..

Sloane will play a full game.. and only actually do something useful in one quarter of it!
Yep, you can take this one to the bank unfortunately

Probably happened for most of our non-injury subs this year

We listed Wright and Madgen as managed, so maybe McHenry is the same?
He's hardly played over the last month or so. Not sure he needs managing.

The swans were on a downward trajectory due to all their injuries in the backline but they have got McArtin and a few others back. I think their threat up forward is their small/medium brigade, Papley, Hayward, Gulden, Heeney. Blakey is pretty important for them down back and creates their run. Rowbottom, Warner, Mills important in the middle. Just need to focus on Blakey and make sure their smalls don't get out of control up forward.
The big threat is Papley running around carrying on like a pork chop if Sydney get a run on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back