Preview Changes rd 23 vs Sydney, Saturday 7pm AO.

Remove this Banner Ad

will be oblivious to Slowne trailing along behind his opponent
The **** did I do?

Putrid selection, zero selection integrity.

I was at Murray Bridge on Sunday, Gollant, Dowling, Hately all had cracking games.

Would not be surprised if we have a few trade requests this off season, managers probably started making calls as soon as the Murphy/Sloane extensions were announced. Everyone knows that if fit, they play and there goes 10% of the playing spots straight away.

No, because I'm not a negative thinking person ....I couldn't be in my profession

That said, I've been highly critical of players over my time on BF .....McGregor, Shirley, Skipworth & so on .....and I haven't been enamoured with ROB, Crouch or Butts ......but that gets forgotten about, if not continuously dumping on everything Crows

I actually enjoy the game too much to take that attitude
That’s hilarious. You don’t have to be a negative person to offer constructive criticisms and if you’re not happy with selection, not saying it out loud makes no difference. But then again are you really unhappy…..it’s clear when it comes to Nicks you are enamoured

That’s hilarious. You don’t have to be a negative person to offer constructive criticisms and if you’re not happy with selection, not saying it out loud makes no difference. But then again are you really unhappy…..
I'm not ...IF the scenario I outlined comes to fruition

If Pedlar is actually dropped & not subbed ....then yes I'm unhappy with both the Pedlay / Sloane situation

What? So you’re agreeing with starting Sloane? Why? What from his recent form suggests it’s a good move? Did you watch last weeks game?

Pedlar is the sub, historically unless there’s an injury or mismatch, our sub plays a quarter. So he’s been dropped for 3/4 of the game and he will get to be play a qtr if all goes to plan.

The move sucks, as is dropping Nank.

Just add them to the list of questionable selections you’ve tried to justify. And you wonder why some of us aren’t sold on Nicks when he keeps pulling s**t like this.

Just catching up from overseas and i cbf reading all the pages, why the * are Pedlar and Nank out?

I mean, not really any good reasons.

Rankine is back and Rachele as well (after being sub last week) so I guess they figured a forward needed to go out and somehow they prioritised Murphy ahead of Pedlar, who they have moved to the sub role.

“Last week we used Josh in the sub role and thought that he had an impact on the game, this week it will be Luke in that role,” Kelly said.

“With Izak coming back into the lineup there was a squeeze on forwards for the starting 22 but we are in the strong position of being able to utilise the depth of talent we have in the sub role.

Then someone else needed to go out and Nankervis was presumably deemed the weakest link.

“The last four weeks have been terrific for Luke’s development and he has certainly shown he can perform at the AFL level,” Kelly said.

I mean, the short answer to it is that they think Pedlar and Nankervis were the 22nd and 23rd weakest players in our side last week. Our club has demonstrated time and time again that there is no guile, there is no hidden meaning, there is no long-term planning, there is no clever management that goes on in our selections. They just pick whatever they think is the strongest side that week.

The bigger question to all of this is what metrics are they using to evaluate the players?

It was only out of desperation that Nankervis, Keane and Borlase were even given a chance this year. Same as Worrell last year. The club is seduced by faux-experience and immune to proper development.
Adelaide Crows logic is as follows:

Games played = experienced player

Murphy has clearly hit the “Mackay threshold”

God help us, we’ve got another 8 years of his continued selection.

It was only out of desperation that Nankervis, Keane and Borlase were even given a chance this year. Same as Worrell last year. The club is seduced by faux-experience and immune to proper development.

Keane replacing Murray who is same age or younger
Borlase replacing Butts who is also a young player
Nank replacing Doedee - who is only 25/26 himself.

What 30 yrs olds have been holding these guys back?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I mean, not really any good reasons.

Rankine is back and Rachele as well (after being sub last week) so I guess they figured a forward needed to go out and somehow they prioritised Murphy ahead of Pedlar, who they have moved to the sub role.

Then someone else needed to go out and Nankervis was presumably deemed the weakest link.

I mean, the short answer to it is that they think Pedlar and Nankervis were the 22nd and 23rd weakest players in our side last week. Our club has demonstrated time and time again that there is no guile, there is no hidden meaning, there is no long-term planning, there is no clever management that goes on in our selections. They just pick whatever they think is the strongest side that week.

The bigger question to all of this is what metrics are they using to evaluate the players?
It's not the strongest team though so their judgement is ****ed.

The same experience that goes missing when they need them to stand up

Murphy clearly has the Mackay dossier.

But faaarrrrkkkk me, Nicks and co. can eat a bag of Johnsons. All they're doing is turning Sloane's positive legacy at the club, into a justified Whipping Boy status.

Just when you think the club has turned it around, the boys club / golden pass culture still appears to be alive and well. :mad:

Can't wait for the Laird, Sloane, Keays midfield set up this week (Dawson would have been thrown into defence to stem the flood of goals as we can't get it out the middle).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keane replacing Murray who is same age or younger
Borlase replacing Butts who is also a young player
Nank replacing Doedee - who is only 25/26 himself.

What 30 yrs olds have been holding these guys back?

Still trying? Who said experience starts at 30?

All 3 only played due to injury or none would have had a game this year and we’d still be wondering.

Nankervis has been dropped. Sloane remains. What more do you need that Nicks favours experience over development? Murphy remains, Pedlar subbed.

Does it burn whenever someone criticises Nicks? But I would have thought this week even you would pull your head in and think fuxk.

No, because I'm not a negative thinking person ....I couldn't be in my profession

Wtf type of post is this Wayne? Are we all supposed be impressed or something by this weird leading comment?

Do too want us to ask what your profession is so we can all see how positive a person you are?

Very strange to try and link your stance on the selection of Sloane and Murphy over Pedlar and Nankervis to your role / attitude at work.

It's weird how this "leadership" hill they've decided to die on to justify selecting Sloane absolutely trashes other players without them even knowing or seemingly caring about it.

Our midfield has Dawson (C), Laird (in the leadership group), ROB (in the leadership group), Smith (in the leadership group) and Crouch (former in the leadership group and has captained). What exactly is 4/5ths of our leadership group, including the Captain of the club incapable of doing that we must have Sloane in to make up for? Is Dawson suddenly incapable of knowing what to do for the 20 minutes Schoenberg gets to spend on ball a game?

If we were playing him in the back pocket with a bunch of guys under 30 games I might buy that argument, but we put him in the area of the ground where we have the most experience already, so what exactly is he adding other than some "roo-rah, let's go boys!" pep talks in the break?

Last edited:
Adelaide Crows logic is as follows:

Games played = experienced player

Murphy has clearly hit the “Mackay threshold”

God help us, we’ve got another 8 years of his continued selection.

Now the amusing thing is he was dropped and due to miss the Collingwood game @ MCG and only due to a late change that he came back into the side. Now what make it weirder is that his output and performance since being recalled is actually worse than what it was prior to that game.

Try and make any sense of that.

Now the amusing thing is he was dropped and due to miss the Collingwood game @ MCG and only due to a late change that he came back into the side. Now what make it weirder is that his output and performance since being recalled is actually worse than what it was prior to that game.

We know the answer, he showed his leadership by taking his gripes to the media and the club folded.

Undroppable.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s not about defending or supporting. The proof and truth comes from the scoreboard.

What I accept - with the likes of Pedlar and Rachele I accept that the club has been managing them through the back part of the year with minutes and games. Quite possible that’s the case with Nank (I did tip he would be dropped earlier this thread). They have been trying to balance having only 10-12 players with 50 or less games for sometime

They don’t need to manage Murphy for that as he has an AFL tank
Sloane they have managed all year with 60 ish percent game time

So I accept they have knowledge and information I don’t that they base decisions on - I trust they want to win because it keeps them in a well paid job and cutting the rubbish they are competitive people. You don’t get to these levels without that

You and others choose to think they have no idea, aren’t working to a bigger picture than you have and that they all risk their jobs every week to pick their mates and favourites

So we have a different view

At the end of the day if they get it wrong they wear it - and the coach is first to go. So if these decisions are so horrible then he will find himself in all sorts of trouble by mid next year - regardless if we extend him

I feel this game is super tough regardless of the side we put out there. Sydney play well here, are on winning form and need to win as much as we do

But we need to win - let’s see what happens

Do Sydney really play that well at AO? We’ve barely played them here the last few seasons, so pretty hard to get a form line from that. Lost by 3 points to them in 2017 (we kicked poorly and they kicked super accurately) and then 3 points in 2020 in a game in front of no one. They’re in good form, but this is a game we should be winning based on our recent form and form at AO this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back