Member's vote and the Roo

Remove this Banner Ad

You know if he was appointed a certain section would scream "boy's club". Even Caro made a boys club quip at some stage last year around the Sando sacking time.

Putting him in the pool up for member vote gives legitimacy to his position, if elected.

By putting him as a member voted position. The move is drawing criticism. Seems like a no win position.

Perhaps if he hadn't been appointed and served for 6 months prior to the election, it could have been a win situation. They've made their own rod here, there was nothing stopping them allowing 2 genuine candidates to be elected. It could have been Jammo and another ex-player, but they would have been genuine member elects.

So is there a block vote happening from Big Footy, or everyone doing their own thing?

I'm voting for Dan and a non-ex-player. Roo's guaranteed, I'm hoping we can get Dan or another over the top of Jammo. There's already enough salespeople in positions of power, the world needs no more. Especially banking product salespersons.

The more I think about it, the less concerned I am by Roo being an elected position.

The real test isn't necessarily this election, it's next election when he's got a sizable record to judge him on. Provided that he remains elected throughout his tenure on the board, it will actually allow members a shot at sending a message to the board by judging the fate of one of its post powerful members.

The more I think about it, the less concerned I am by Roo being an elected position.

The real test isn't necessarily this election, it's next election when he's got a sizable record to judge him on. Provided that he remains elected throughout his tenure on the board, it will actually allow members a shot at sending a message to the board by judging the fate of one of its post powerful members.

Are you concerned that regardless of his ability he'll be voted in on name anyway?

Who to chose is difficult from just their profiles and without knowing individuals have to analyse who you think will add something to board and a real support for supporters needs.
But what I do know is i don't want Jammo appointed to board even though have nothing personally against him for reasons shown below.

! - With Roo and not so Smart already there I think we have more than enough ex players on board ,

2 - Would be getting a ( a old boys club ) which Roo said was getting rid of .

3 - Don't like free publicity got on prime radio and press to ex player when others did not.

4 - Believe others have a lot more too offer in terms of expertise and achievements.

5 - No way is Jammo a representative of us the supporters and members and like Roo and not so Smart have never paid to be a member or pay to got to game .
Obviously important for Roo to get on and only hope day comes soon when Smart gets shown door.

I think a few people are undervaluing the football people on the board. This is a football club and people like Roo and Jamo have spent there entire life at football clubs. Their value is not just the fact they were once AFC players, it's that they know about football clubs intimately they have spent the majority of their lives in football clubs seeing things done well and things done badly, they have seen things work and things fail. Not to forget that a large proportion of their social circle are also involved in football and many of their friends would be positioned at other football clubs so they hear about what's going on all around the place.

Given that football people are expected to have extensive business experience to join the board but business people aren't expected to have football experience, having just a few token positions on the board given to football people seems like too few to me.

Interstate is three game as you get access to three Crows home games in addition to a game in your state.

True but I have to pay extra for the AO ones, don't I?
Going to come down for the Richmond game.
And I'll take the suns at metricon also. which is included.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nope, you get three GA (standing room) access to any home game (excl showdown I believe)

Wow that's alright for $110 plus all the rest.
Gonna cost me a grand in air fares though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back