Fixture Mens 2024 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

You dont play any of last years prelim finalists twice, looks a good double up fixture to me?
2 x top 6 sides
2 x middle 6 sides
2 x bottom 6 sides

I was under the impression if you finished bottom 6 then you should get more games against the bottom 6 the next year.

Richmond, WC, North, GC given 3 x bottom 6 sides. Freo and Hawthorn were not.

Fox Sports has it the 7th easiest of the double ups. We finished 5th last, so it is borderline reasonable, but I wouldn't call it a good double up fixture.

Fremantle and Richmond play two top 6 teams twice, which is strange. No other bottom six teams have that

Well, I for one am truly shocked.

Not the worst fixture, but definitely on the harder than easier side, for now

GC were always going to be looked after. Adelaide and Sydney always get vip treatment from the afl too

We're playing on Good Friday, night game. Highly likely, it won't be free to air, so no free national exposure, but that's still a win. Nice

Godless *en heathens. I remember the days when Gerard Neesham lambasted Ansett airstaff about the lack of fish meals for his charges on a Lenten Friday flight.

*en campaigners treat us like pricks.

2 x top 6 sides
2 x middle 6 sides
2 x bottom 6 sides

I was under the impression if you finished bottom 6 then you should get more games against the bottom 6 the next year.

Fox Sports has it the 7th easiest of the double ups. We finished 5th last, so it is borderline reasonable, but I wouldn't call it a good double up fixture.
Breaking up into 4x4+2:
1-4: 0 (though Port and Melbourne finished H&A in 3rd and 4th)
5-8: 3
9-12: 1
13-16: 1
17-18: 1

Agree that Richmond will fall further and I don't see how Sydney get better with their key defender situation. Port and Melbourne also chances to drop off, it could end up being really good.

2 x top 6 sides
2 x middle 6 sides
2 x bottom 6 sides

I'd call it about right. It's fair. Easy doesn't equal fair, any more than hard equals fair

I've complained about our fixture being tough but we have actually been rewarded with some nice games at optus this time

Probably coz we were 3rd or 4th highest attendance team last year

Not too many Sunday slots, (except mid year, we have to be up there or our last half will absolutely suck)

got the stinky 11am Saturday away slots but atleast we don't have to attend those

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be a bad year at home again you'd think though

Brissy
Dees (Optus is their real home ground, rather them at the G)
Pies
Tigers (bogey)
Swans (we do alright against them tho)
Cats (would rather play em at gmhba lol)

We spent years complaining that we never got Friday night games and now that we get 3 in the first half of the season we complain???

Come on now.

I have always complained. The club are the ones that complain about no Friday games.

For the record, I have no problem with Friday games if we are playing away. Unfortunately, the timeslot does not work well for supporters in Perth for home games.

About as expected. Not amazing but certainly not terrible either.

Friday night games can **** right off though. I get the spectacle but they’re never late enough to get there in time (or if they’re away games to get settled down and watch properly)

If they actually had them start at a decent LOCAL time then I’d be all for it. Like 7pm MINIMUM. If the oppo complains it’s too late that’s on them. We sometimes get 10 or 11am starts so **** em

Remove this Banner Ad

Back