Merry Christmas peeps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever happened to the hot summer xmas's from the 60's & 70's ?

Can remember getting new swim togs and beach towel, was 34dgC outside........

( bring back the old days l say )
Yeah. We used to go camping on the Rosebud foreshore for about three weeks after Xmas ,and all I remember is practically living at the beach all day and throwing sand at the pashin’ couples in the sand dunes on barmy nights.

Whatever happened to the hot summer xmas's from the 60's & 70's ?

Can remember getting new swim togs and beach towel, was 34dgC outside........

( bring back the old days l say )
Early 2000s used to be regularly extreme heat, so bad that friends of mine visiting from Scandinavia felt it was the end of the world!
Then approx 2011 it snowed on a few beaches like Frankston, Portsea, Lorne.
I still have pics of 30cms of snow on Boxing Day which I think was Lake Mountain.

Being a huge Denis Pagan fan, I haven’t celebrated Xmas since 1993 when he took over the rains at NM. When he took over, it was like the club entered a port hole into another dimension like when the 3 bad dudes were captured in that spinning pain of glass in Superman.

I’ve just had my booster jab after queuing up for 2 hours in the soaring heat at a clinic in Bundaberg, despite riding out there as I was told the waiting times were “minimal”. But because I joined Medicare years ago, it was for free, so I guess I’m a winner regardless.
Anyway, I’ll be wearing my NM jumper Xmas eve at Carols by Candlelight. Apparently the celebrities aren’t signing anything, but I’m gonna get NM’s own Anthony Callea to sign my Jumper. Cha Ching. 💰💰💰

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't done the most extensive research on this one, but I'm fairly sure that none of the 1038 NMFC players were born on December 25.

So North Melbourne - just let the Baby Jesus have this one.
I know two people, one of them was my old man.

All you Melbournites and Victorians remember xmas eve 2011 ?

Mother of a storm.

All you Melbournites and Victorians remember xmas eve 2011 ?

Mother of a storm.

If you're gonna get smashed by hail even a blanket or two draped over you car makes a huge difference to how much damage the hail does.

Xmas spirt well and truely, I got up at 6am and went to the local fishing co-op for some seafood 🦞, I asked if they had any crabs 🦀, the guy said I do have some but they were frozen and the box had been damaged and some had missing legs , I said no worries they all taste the same when eaten. He gave me 5 and said no charge. It’s nice been a local in a coastal town.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back