Merry Christmas to all on this board.

Remove this Banner Ad

CIA reveals Santa was killed in Cambodian airspace in 1971​

Recently declassified documents detail the top secret operation​

Duffel Blog
21 hr ago

WASHINGTON — In news sure to shock millions this holiday season, recently declassified CIA documents have revealed that Santa Claus was shot down and killed in Cambodian airspace in 1971.

The trove of over 700 pages documenting the top secret mission has shed new light on the dangers involved in spreading Christmas cheer to active war zones.

“It was supposed to be a typical airdrop. Toys, cigarettes, ammo, the usual. But our intel was bad and things went downhill quick,” reads an interview that was conducted with a crew elf in Santa’s unit after the mission. “We didn’t know the [North Vietnamese Army] had anti-aircraft weapons. Colonel Claus came in fast and low for a candy cane run, and the bastards blew him out of the sky.”

While his death still weighs on their hearts, Claus’s former comrades-in-arms said they’re happy the world will finally know he died a hero. All who have served alongside Claus in combat said he was dedicated to bringing Christmas cheer to troops on the ground.

“Day or night, rain or shine, naughty or nice. He didn’t care,” said Staff Sgt. Sugarplum Snowflake, who served two tours alongside Claus in Vietnam. “If his reindeer were fed, he would fly.”

Claus’s storied military career extends back generations. In World War I he brokered the famous Christmas Truce of 1914, distributing alcohol and soccer balls to soldiers on both sides of the trenches. During the Battle of the Bulge, he helped Allied forces fend off a German onslaught by using his reindeer as runners in the dense, frozen Ardennes Forest, ferrying anti-tank weapons between fighting holes. He even considered delaying Christmas in 1950 so he could continue providing close air support during the Battle of Chosin Reservoir, but luckily the battle ended in time for the holidays.

He always said to live every Christmas like it’s your last Christmas, and he lived up to his words.

“He had a toy sack of steel, I’ll give him that.”

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to my special North board favourites Le Grille Ligma and The Filth Wizard and everyone else on this board aside !

Thanks to the swell mods on this board and posters in general, who have always be kind and civil to me when I posted here (well aside from crackpot Snake Baker who is 2 sandwiches short of a Yogi Bear picnic basket)

Happy to have bought a membership to your proud club (and my deepest apologies and regrets about some tossbag Carlton fans who want you to fold or relocate, absolute spanners)

I don't give a crap about 1999 Granny Years ago (beating Essenbong Druggies in the Prelim was satisfaction enough) but I also attended Fitzroy's final game in Melbourne in 1996, one of the worst/most painful days in my life, and I am going to do all I possibly can to never see scenes like that again.

Also the first footy merch I ever owned/had was a North Melbourne Beanie from my dead beat dad when I was 6 years old..Before he abandoned us (in 1987) me and my brother used to spend every second weekend at his flat in North Melbourne

Wish i had been able to see a game at Arden St, alas, born to have Navy Blue blood in my veins it seems.
Happy Christmas Elmer, hope you had a good one.

I got a negative covid test for Chrissy (only been 9 days!!)

Hope you enjoy the north games you attend

Happy Christmas Elmer, hope you had a good one.

I got a negative covid test for Chrissy (only been 9 days!!)

Hope you enjoy the north games you attend

Happy for you that you got good news about your covid test, and hope you had a great Xmas yourself despite that Covid scare.

Deffo going to Clarko's first outing as North Coach vs West Drugged Eagles in Rnd 1. The optimist hopes North get a crowd of 30 K for that game, if the D/H Melbourne Media took their heads out of their ass and tried pump up as much as possible this new young and dynamic Roos outfit (even if playing a bunch a washed up scrubs in the Eagles) that would help, but they won't, which is a reason why I purchased a NMFC membership this season. (And perhaps more going forwards)

CIA reveals Santa was killed in Cambodian airspace in 1971​

Recently declassified documents detail the top secret operation​

Duffel Blog
21 hr ago

WASHINGTON — In news sure to shock millions this holiday season, recently declassified CIA documents have revealed that Santa Claus was shot down and killed in Cambodian airspace in 1971.

The trove of over 700 pages documenting the top secret mission has shed new light on the dangers involved in spreading Christmas cheer to active war zones.

“It was supposed to be a typical airdrop. Toys, cigarettes, ammo, the usual. But our intel was bad and things went downhill quick,” reads an interview that was conducted with a crew elf in Santa’s unit after the mission. “We didn’t know the [North Vietnamese Army] had anti-aircraft weapons. Colonel Claus came in fast and low for a candy cane run, and the bastards blew him out of the sky.”

While his death still weighs on their hearts, Claus’s former comrades-in-arms said they’re happy the world will finally know he died a hero. All who have served alongside Claus in combat said he was dedicated to bringing Christmas cheer to troops on the ground.

“Day or night, rain or shine, naughty or nice. He didn’t care,” said Staff Sgt. Sugarplum Snowflake, who served two tours alongside Claus in Vietnam. “If his reindeer were fed, he would fly.”

Claus’s storied military career extends back generations. In World War I he brokered the famous Christmas Truce of 1914, distributing alcohol and soccer balls to soldiers on both sides of the trenches. During the Battle of the Bulge, he helped Allied forces fend off a German onslaught by using his reindeer as runners in the dense, frozen Ardennes Forest, ferrying anti-tank weapons between fighting holes. He even considered delaying Christmas in 1950 so he could continue providing close air support during the Battle of Chosin Reservoir, but luckily the battle ended in time for the holidays.

He always said to live every Christmas like it’s your last Christmas, and he lived up to his words.

“He had a toy sack of steel, I’ll give him that.”

Merry Christmas.

Is there going to be a poster of the year thread?

I don't start threads.
I will start it. Giantroo is ineligible. Posters that have left BigFooty.com are eligible. I will buy the winner and the entire board a round of drinks at some stage.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I will start it. Giantroo is ineligible. Posters that have left BigFooty.com are eligible. I will buy the winner and the entire board a round of drinks at some stage.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’ll have a Cc& cola thanks xxx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Belated Merry Christmas and wishing everyone who posts and lurks here a wonderful happy and safe 2023.

Thanks to all for the camaraderie, info, laughs and frustrations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back