Teams Miami Dolphins - The Fins

Remove this Banner Ad

Dolphins exercised DT Christian Wilkins' fifth-year option.​

Selected with the 13th pick in the 2019 draft, Wilkins is coming off a career year, with five sacks, 31 pressures, and 56 tackles. Wilkins was primarily a run stuffer to begin his career but took a step forward as a pass rusher in 2021. He's now under contract through his age-28 season.

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports that Austin Jackson is working at right tackle in the team's offseason program.​

He'll be competing with Liam Eichenberg for a starting spot. Jackson was flipped to left guard in the middle of last season and his first two years in the NFL have been rough. He was called for 12 penalties last season and finished with a 49.4 PFF blocking grade. It's quite possible that Eichenberg -- who played mostly left tackle last year but is moving because of Terron Armstead -- wins the job and Jackson doesn't start at all for the Dolphins in 2022.

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports that LG Connor Williams has been splitting time between guard and center during the team's offseason program.​

Michael Dieter, a 15-game starter at guard as a rookie, would go back to guard in this alignment. Jackson also mentions the possibility that the team could sign former Browns center J.C. Tretter, who has gone unsigned so far. The middle of the Dolphins line remains a little unsettled as we head into the summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dolphins placed CB Byron Jones (ankle) on active/PUP list.​

Jones underwent ankle surgery this offseason and missed team OTAs as a result. The soon-to-be 30-year-old corner also restructured his contract, converting $13.25 million of his base salary to a signing bonus to free up $10.6 million in cap space for the team. Jones can be activated from the PUP list at any time and should be ready for the team's Week 1 game against the Patriots.

Does it really make a difference it's not like we have drafted our way to any success in the past 20 years.
I guess they investigated the tanking issue but found evidence of tampering, but seems obvious theyll punish Ross for that to rug sweep the tanking allegations (if Flores is even right about that and not a stark raving lunatic or merely an aggrieved coach looking for payback).

I guess they investigated the tanking issue but found evidence of tampering, but seems obvious theyll punish Ross for that to rug sweep the tanking allegations (if Flores is even right about that and not a stark raving lunatic or merely an aggrieved coach looking for payback).
The sooner Ross leaves and gives someone else a chance the better off the franchise will be.

One playoff appearance in 14 years under his ownership and he hasn't helped a few of those seasons by diddle daddling with coaches.

BTW any other fans on here been to Miami before. Sorry for dragging this of NFL/Dolphins.

I was over in the States for a month in June/July finished in Miami for 2 nights.

What a lovely city. Beautiful weather as well 32-34 degrees both days. Spent both afternoons laying on south beach. Then went and did cuban dinner.

I am so happy it lived up to expectations so when I go next time it will be to watch the Dolphins and Heat play.

BTW any other fans on here been to Miami before. Sorry for dragging this of NFL/Dolphins.

I was over in the States for a month in June/July finished in Miami for 2 nights.

What a lovely city. Beautiful weather as well 32-34 degrees both days. Spent both afternoons laying on south beach. Then went and did cuban dinner.

I am so happy it lived up to expectations so when I go next time it will be to watch the Dolphins and Heat play.
I've never been to Miami but I've been to Jacksonville and Tampa. Was when I was young, decades ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back