Teams Miami Dolphins - The Fins

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Jake Long confirmed as #1 pick

Good pick for the Dolphins. I don't think guy will be a bust. Sure Robert Gallery is not up to the standard of what you want for a number two pick but he is still a decent guard. An offensive lineman is a safe pick IMO.

Re: Jake Long confirmed as #1 pick

What I meant btw was not that he'd end up some guy who cant step up in the pros...but that he got away with penalties. He admitted so himself. He brings his hands inside and holds. Just hid it very well and admitted so. Therefore, imo, he will come under more scrutiny in the NFL, get a ton of penalties called, a technical thing that he needs to improve on.

If there's any other thing about him, is that he's susceptible to the speed edge rushers. ANd there are plenty of those in the NFL.

Redskins get Jason Taylor from Dolphins

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...g=ap-dolphins-redskinstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

I just knew that Snyder had to pull some kind of deal during the off-season. He gave up a second rounder next year and a sixth rounder in 2010 to get Taylor.

IMO the 33 year old Taylor is at best a 1 year proposition, and the Redskins have yet again given up a high round draft pick for what will be a limited return

Note: I'm sure its related. DE Phillip Daniels became the first training camp casualty of the NFL training camp season, injuring his knee in 7 on 7 drills and is out for the season

Re: Redskins get Jason Taylor from Dolphins

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...g=ap-dolphins-redskinstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

I just knew that Snyder had to pull some kind of deal during the off-season. He gave up a second rounder next year and a sixth rounder in 2010 to get Taylor.

IMO the 33 year old Taylor is at best a 1 year proposition, and the Redskins have yet again given up a high round draft pick for what will be a limited return

Miami have clearly already WON in that 'desperado' transaction by the Foreskins. :rolleyes:

Thanx for the heads up Sven.. could of just added it to the 'off-season' thread. ;)

Miami have clearly already WON in that 'desperado' transaction by the Foreskins. :rolleyes:

Thanx for the heads up Sven.. could of just added it to the 'off-season' thread. ;)

I'm sure that Snyder has a miniscule amount of intelligence buried somewhere deep in his thick skull, but you just don't get to see it very often. It must be so frustrating to be a Redskins fan!

and,

If Kevin Jones signing with the Bears gets its own thread, then I don't see why Taylor to the 'Skins shouldn't as well....

I thought surely he'd go somewhere with a chance at a Superbowl... I can barely see the 'Skins making the playoffs...

Redskins will easily make the playoffs and imo be a strong show for going into the superbowl. I wouldnt underestimate Jim Zorn.

Jim who? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy who'll further refine Colt Brennan into a pro-bowl QB in a couple of years. You know, that guy.

And a Teabagger roster filler-up player atm. ;) Look forward what Zorn (off shotgun) has to offer. Time will tell.

Obviously he's riding the pine as a rookie. But give it two years. Jason Campbell's getting old now. 8 year vet. Zorn's offensive style and Brennan will suit each other.

What did i say last year? I said the best place for Brennan to get drafted would be Seattle, because they play the spread offense, very West Coast too. And Zorn was the OC there. That was before Zorn became HC of Washington. He lobbied hard for Brennan. Time will tell, but it's a good bet imo that it'll be a good marriage and Brennan will amount to something that everyone thought wouldn't, mocked him. etc. What would ESPN know?

Obviously he's riding the pine as a rookie. But give it two years. Jason Campbell's getting old now. 8 year vet. Zorn's offensive style and Brennan will suit each other.

What did i say last year? I said the best place for Brennan to get drafted would be Seattle, because they play the spread offense, very West Coast too. And Zorn was the OC there. That was before Zorn became HC of Washington. He lobbied hard for Brennan. Time will tell, but it's a good bet imo that it'll be a good marriage and Brennan will amount to something that everyone thought wouldn't, mocked him. etc. What would ESPN know?

I reckon I've snared the future of the J-E-T-S behind the centre. ;)

Whether Mangini will be there to see him thru is another story but I'm gathering you've taken a liking to the Redskins, gg. I'm backing the J-E-T-S in to disrupt the Patriot campaign and wouldn't be surprised if the J-E-T-S sneak a wild card..

I think the Jets for sure get a WC shot. A shot at least. But Mangini will be gone next year and the only way that's happening is via them not making the playoffs.

I 'like' the Redskins. I think they'll now have a window for about 5 years. They were terrible for ages after Gibbs left the first time. But now they're gonna start humming. They've drafted a lot of good players and have been in the playoffs recently a couple of times. I think they'll turn into a better Seattle. Seattle made the Superbowl recently. Im betting my balls Skins get there very soon.

And Ainge is better than Clemens. So he'll turn out alright.

Bit of work to do, but Ainge will need up starter sooner or later... Don't really like either of the guys in front of him... Pennington is very accurate and the team overall has done much better with him, but he is too injury prone due to his passing action.

And I believe I have nabbed the future of Tampa :p JJ :D

Bit of work to do, but Ainge will need up starter sooner or later... Don't really like either of the guys in front of him... Pennington is very accurate and the team overall has done much better with him, but he is too injury prone due to his passing action.

And I believe I have nabbed the future of Tampa :p JJ :D

I saw your 'showreel of JJ' Zarko. But more importantly, I read about him a week into our BFDL draft and wondered.. what a heckuva LONG shot. Could be onto something there. I'll be paying alot more attention to College foosball than ever before. There is a RB from Ohio named Wells, has the wheels for first round. ;)

Pennington is fragile and a medical room specimen. The experts from Profootball weekly didn't bother doing a write up of him. (not top 40).

Even guys like career back-ups Billy Volek get a blurb mention.

are you kidding? he has only been in the league 3 years, personally he is a good young QB, his first year as starter was last year, i like him as a player, with weapons like Moss, Thomas, Kelly, Randle El, Cooley, Davis, Portis and Betts, i really think he could be a very good player

DUnno who you were thinking of gg...

Anyway Colt COULD be good with his accuracy and a good QB coach... But its a long way off... If he is starting ANY time this year, you know Washington have turned around in the worst possible way :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back