Michael Christian has to go!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he should be given a bit longer before people cry the sky is falling.

He's made a few wrong calls in my view and he's made a few right calls. Everybody is entitled to disagree with with his interpretations and sometimes those disagreements haven't been terribly logical.

Some on here don't seem to know the difference between the MRO and the tribunal. As far as making contact with the umpires is concerned, he's been remarkably consistent but the tribunal has been all over the place. I say remarkable because consistency has never been a hallmark of the MRP / MRO in the past and this has been a refreshing change.

The Tribunal still carries the hallmarks of inconsistency, so people should be directing their ire where the problem really is.

Given the Appeals Board agreed that both Curnows should have been found guilty of intentional contact, I'd love to know what you think the AFL should have done.

No they didnt. They found Charlies action to be inadvertent, not intentional, and quite rightly dismissed the Appeal. The AFl should not have appealled it because the original finding was right.

The only one the Tribunal got wrong was Eds'.

Not Charlies, Not Hawkins, not Day's

No they didnt. They found Charlies action to be inadvertent, not intentional, and quite rightly dismissed the Appeal. The AFl should not have appealled it because the original finding was right.

The only one the Tribunal got wrong was Eds'.

Not Charlies, Not Hawkins, not Day's

They found it intentional but were not convinced the Tribunal were manifestly wrong in finding it accidental.

So the Tribunal should have given both Curnows a week. But do keep playing the victim.

Thats how clubs rise up and win 3 or 4 games a year.

They found it intentional but were not convinced the Tribunal were manifestly wrong in finding it accidental.

So the Tribunal should have given both Curnows a week. But do keep playing the victim.

Thats how clubs rise up and win 3 or 4 games a year.

The Board dismissed the appeal in relation to Charlie Curnow on the basis his contact with umpire Matt Stevic occurred while he was trying to break up a potential melee, with Kellam QC saying it was open to find his actions has been "inadvertent".

Snake_Baker Christian isn't the problem. He has been consistent in referring all cases to the tribunal.

The MRP findings have been inconsistent, I'm with Timmy from Thomastown, though we need to acknowledge that the AFL needed a result from either of the Curnow's. my view is Hawkins should have copped a fine and after the umpires evidence with both Curnows they should have both got off.

Yet again Gill bows to media pressure. Honestly May should not be playing with the Hawkins and E Curnow precedents but the China deal is a factor.

They ****ed up with Hawkins and didn't foresee the impacts, I expect better from the AFL executive.

Snake_Baker Christian isn't the problem. He has been consistent in referring all cases to the tribunal.

The MRP findings have been inconsistent, I'm with Timmy from Thomastown, though we need to acknowledge that the AFL needed a result from either of the Curnow's. my view is Hawkins should have copped a fine and after the umpires evidence with both Curnows they should have both got off.

Yet again Gill bows to media pressure. Honestly May should not be playing with the Hawkins and E Curnow precedents but the China deal is a factor.

They ****** up with Hawkins and didn't foresee the impacts, I expect better from the AFL executive.

So you're not with me then.

I disagree with almost everything you have said.

They also fined Cameron for kneeing in an incident where the Eagles player was holding on to his other leg and not allowing him to get up, they need to take into consideration if the other player contributes to the contact by also being an idiot.
Like the Sicily on Selwood incident? I actually think he’s doing a good job. The tribunal on the other hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, he is completely out of touch.

How did he even get the job?
There were warning bells when Christian mouthed off at a junior umpire at a kid's game, reminding the umpire who he was. He should NOT be reappointed in 2019

The only people complaining in this thread are North, Cats, and Eagle fans. Wonder why?!

He’s doing fine.
A quick scan indicates you need to add Bulldogs and Power fans to that list. And when he rubs out a Collingwood player for something completely innocuous, we can add you

Re: Franklin

LOL, just sack this clown. He's a political puppet.
Gee Snake you are so bitter about Blakey choosing the Swans that your bias is becoming grossly distorted. Correct decision on Hamling concussing himself on Buddy's elbow.

Christian doing a good job, got the Burton one wrong but watch the change to that at years end and Tom Mitchell was diected from above Christian I reckon, didn't want the Brownlow favourite suspended!

Liking the way North are powering up the ladder diluting their ND points in the process. Unless he tanks the U18 champs, Thomas will get a bid before your first - nice!

I actually stated that I was not calling for a suspension and I really don't want that to happen for this, but if they aren't going to cite a bloke for reckless for that, then a cray supercomputer couldn't figure out some of Christians other bullshit.

My comment relates to the wild inconsistencies.

I actually stated that I was not calling for a suspension and I really don't want that to happen for this, but if they aren't going to cite a bloke for reckless for that, then a cray supercomputer couldn't figure out some of Christians other bullshit.

My comment relates to the wild inconsistencies.
I watched it several times with a Crows mate and we both agreed there was nothing in it, wasn't reckless because Buddy was just breaking out of a tackle and Hamling got his head in the way of flailing arms. Happens every game, just doesn't cause concussions.

I think overall Christian has been consistent. The NicNat one was a surprise, but you won't see anyone driving players into the ground now that the precedent has been set which is what the AFL wanted. Remember that Christian runs all his decisions past Hocking so in the end it's Hocking making the calls, and maybe people above Hocking as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back