Michael Hurley re-signs with Essendon for 5 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes! Just imagine Patton-Hurley combo up forward in 5 years, with the midfield kicking it to them...GWS would absolutely destroy.
Hearsay says that Jeremy Cameron could have been the number one pick last year.
Good to hear, also a big fan of loyalty.
I like the sort of loyalty that bought Mitch Clark.

I probably share a different opinion to the average Bomber fan but I don't rate Ryder that highly.

I wonder what sort of compensation would be on the table if he went to GWS?

Good news RE: Hurley, too. He's going to be a serious player.

I am not a Bomber fan but I dont rate Ryder at all. On potential yeah but on output no. Hurley on the other hand is awesome and sadly a long term Bomber.

Would be surprised if he was worth much in compo, if Ablett is worth 2 end of first round picks then Ryder is worth pick 80. Not that it works like that.

I am not a Bomber fan but I dont rate Ryder at all. On potential yeah but on output no.

Second half to last year, started to show the consistency required. I classify him as more important than Hurls.

Love the article saying he could have definitely taken more $ but he wanted to make sure there was enough cap space for the rest of his team mates (ie: prob Ryder) to stay on.. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Also previously Ryder himself have stated not to worry about his contract until other bigger contracts/priorites are signed and done.. unselfish stars these blokes.

Cannot wipe the grin off my face all day! Best news I've heard in a very long time.. :D

Pies fans, I too genuinely hope Cloke stays.. just wouldnt be right to lose him to GWS. Plus isnt Folau going to be their superstar CHF for the next 10yrs? :p

Second half to last year, started to show the consistency required. I classify him as more important than Hurls.
I'm a big Ryder fan but Hurley is much more important IMO, he would leave a HUGE hole in our forward line and his on field presence is a lot better, Ryder is however an important player but not as important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If GWS werent there they might of gone for a shorter contract but to be honest I'd rather he sign up for 5 years, very happy with it, were people going on like this when Sam Reid signed his huge contract

I reckon in 2 years time Hurley will be top 5 in the comp, and worth a lot more than 600k a year, good show of loyalty by the kid.

Amazed Echols the credible hasn't been in here to offer his congrats as he so sincerely wanted him to stay with us.....

He never said he had a source or any inside word did he? I thought he just said "the word going around"? There was a lot of talk in the media about Hurley going and people generally latch onto it. After that it becomes 'the word going around' or 'all the talk'..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back