Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Howes was good without taking the game apart. Worked his way into the game after being put into the ruck.
Kicked a couple of important goals and was a target down the line most times when SA went forward.

At the end of the day he’s 18 turning 19. Looks to me he’s bigger than the 196cm reported. Is playing senior footy in the SANFL.
Covers the ground well for a tall and looks like a nice set shot at goal.

Worth a punt as a mid season selection, we could do worse.

Howes was good without taking the game apart. Worked his way into the game after being put into the ruck.
Kicked a couple of important goals and was a target down the line most times when SA went forward.

At the end of the day he’s 18 turning 19. Looks to me he’s bigger than the 196cm reported. Is playing senior footy in the SANFL.

Would anybody know his combine results ?
Leap , speed and endurance

Jacob Blight 21 disposals 9 marks 1 clearance in Peel Thunders 7 goal win yesterday

Jasper Scaife 10 disposals 6 marks 2 tackles 1 hitout 2.1 in West Perth 13 point loss yesterday

Joe Pike 7 disposals 1 mark 4 clearances 2 tackles 21 hitouts in Geelong VFL 61 point win yesterday

Archer May 17 disposals 11 marks 1 clearance 1 tackle 1 hitout 4.1 in Richmond VFL 61 point win yesterday

Jacob Blight 21 disposals 9 marks 1 clearance in Peel Thunders 7 goal win yesterday

Jasper Scaife 10 disposals 6 marks 2 tackles 1 hitout 2.1 in West Perth 13 point loss yesterday

Joe Pike 7 disposals 1 mark 4 clearances 2 tackles 21 hitouts in Geelong VFL 61 point win yesterday

Archer May 17 disposals 11 marks 1 clearance 1 tackle 1 hitout 4.1 in Richmond VFL 61 point win yesterday
We missed out on Durham
We missed out on diambrosio
We can't miss another player right under our noses in sam davison. His athleticism is off the charts. And he is a smart team orientated player
Never been in an elite system just like tresize. The sooner we bring him in and he starts training with afl players in afl system the better he will get
His has tremendous potential
Let's get him now 😤

We could do worse ?

That does not fill me with confidence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mind that we're possibly only taking 1-2 players in the MSD. Odds are we pick up a kid who gets 6-18 months in the system before being moved on, outside chance that we select someone who can play 4-5 seasons and even less of a chance that we find a player who can be top 10 on our list.

I've been a fan of May for over a year now and his game yesterday in the VFL against Weideman and Zach Reid was a real breakout performance, especially after Koschitzke got moved back early on which left May as the main target up forward and he didn't disappoint. I'd be happy to take him as he knows the system we play and we can get him into a full time system and see what he offers. Joel Garner is another from our VFL list that wouldn't be out of place as a MSD pick. 25 year old 184c/85kg midfielder who can win his own footy, uses it well and is defensively sound, would add to the group between Hopper & Taranto at 27 and Dow McAuliffe & Sonsie as the under 23 group. Davidson is another who could be a handy pick up but could be more of a rookie pick at seasons end, than MSD. I guess it would depend on if we thought another club might take him from under our noses.
Tell me more about my boy May

Tell me more about my boy May
Really good performance yesterday against 2 AFL listed players yesterday. Strong in the contest and moved around the ground really well. We may not take him in the draft if they consider others as better options, but he could certainly put himself in the mix for the drafts at the end of the year with a strong 2nd half of the season at the VFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back