Past Mitch Clark #1 (2006-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mitch Clark

For the record...

Greg Denham

Clark, who has one more year to run on a heavily back-ended deal, is believed to want to be traded to Fremantle.The East Fremantle recruit is understood to have sought to be traded home to Western Australia, otherwise threatening to leave at the end of 2011 to join Greater Western Sydney without any negotiable compensation to the Lions, other than a nominated AFL draft pick.

clark24.jpg

More tripe from the master I think. He is basically putting words into clark's mouth. Highly doubt he has put a threat to theclub that he will leave for nothing to GWS next year out if spite if he isn't traded to freo.

Link

Ben Broad: It seems there's a lot of love out there for Mitch Clark. Just confirming he wants out of Bris and wants to return to a WA club. Now, who wants a ruckman the most??? Clark may become the hottest property in trade week.

Link

1149: Trade murmurs: Mitch Clark's manager Colin Young has just said that the Brisbane ruckman is homesick and that wants to head home to Western Australia. With the Lions looking to free up room in their salary cap, Clark has apparently told the club he is happy to move on. He has been linked to Fremantle, however Young is doubtful the Dockers have a pick that is high enough for the Lions to do a deal. But Clark is clearly unhappy so a move to West Coast or a Victorian club (maybe Carlton or St Kilda) is definately a chance. One to keep an eye on this week.

Colin Young

“I haven’t heard from any clubs about possible attempts to enter into trade talks over Mitchell and I know he has some very good meetings with Michael Voss in the past few weeks. He is extremely happy with the outcome of those meetings with his coach and very much looking forward to playing an important part in Brisbane’s future plans for success.”
He said any club that wanted to trade for Clark would have to pay a high price.
“He’s a top-10 draft pick and any trade would probably require that sort of swap for such a good and young player of Mitchell’s quality."

clark24.jpg

Interesting also in the previous post it is mentioned that centre half forward is his preferred position.

Feeling much more relaxed about Mitch now. It helps that his manager isn't a snake.

You and me both...TBH, I've been watching this thread with much interest, and was watching your comments, and a couple of others, to guage what was going to happen.

You didn't seem too concerned so I sat back and waited..

After losing the others, I really would have been upset had we lost Mitch as well..

Feeling much more relaxed about Mitch now. It helps that his manager isn't a snake.
There is no bigger snake among the player managers than Colin Young. He eats Gumby and Bowels for lunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope Clark stays for the long haul.. He is the type of guy along with Leunberger you can build a team around. Huge loss if he goes but I have hope he will stay. ABsolute joke we are in such a mess with the Salary cap when we finished bottom half of the table.

Herald Sun.

Andrew Swallow heads a GWS wish-list that includes other realistic targets - Brisbane ruckman Mitch Clark, 22, and Fremantle centreman Rhys Palmer, 21.

Bloody Gubby. Didn't you do enough damage on your way out?

Herald Sun.

That is no surprise though. Just another case like Rischa & Brennan. Clark will just be filling in time with us in 2011. We just can't compete with the dollars on offer there.

I just don't understand why the GC aren't interested in Clark. They could give us back our no 9 pick for him...plus a player.

Herald Sun.

You would note the common denominator among those names. Colin Young. Any club wanting a snake as their list manager they would not do better than this scum.

Edit. I believe he manages almost all of our WA boys including Rich.

You can be almost 100% certain that the Mitch Clark wanting to go back to WA has been very carefuly stage managed and orchestrated by Colin Young. Nothing absolutely to do with Mitch going back home and everything to do with positioning to extract the maximum from either club. Brisbane or GWS.

Clark is probably our best hope for our future IMHO.

I knew the expansion would screw us badly in the short term.

How about we lobby the AFL for a rule that any Club that lost an uncontracted player to GC17 gets double compensation if they lose one to GWS as well?

Damm right...and especially when you consider some clubs could potentially avoid any poaching from the 2 new clubs while others like the Lions get raped and pillaged

Perhaps part of this is our own fault.
Don't want to debate it on the Mitch Clark thread, but sometimes it is easy just to play the 'woe is me' line.

We need to get our own house in order & hopefully this time next year Mitch has signed a new long term contract with the Lions.

Will Mitch want to hang around playing 3rd fiddle to Brown and Fevola?? Can we really play 3 talls every week? No doubt Clark is good enough to play ruck or CHF IMO but with all our players fit the balance isn't right. The fev trade looks worse by the second IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back