Draft Expert ModernArtillery 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it is getting to that time of year where suddenly people that have been watching the prospects all season are wrong because the stats don't agree and someone likes what they see from a highlights package, just feels earlier than usual

I mean it is getting to that time of year where suddenly people that have been watching the prospects all season are wrong because the stats don't agree and someone likes what they see from a highlights package, just feels earlier than usual
Nonsense Bangers, I've watched every highlight package there is and haven't seen a single thing Ashcroft, Sheezel, Tsatas, Wardlaw, Cadman, Mackenzie, John Clark, Mackenzie or Phillipou have done wrong. Yet when I watch the AFL I see Cripps, Walsh, Neale, Brayshaw, Touk, Narkle, and Brayshaw make all kinds of mistakes unbefitting their status. Therefore, this current draft crop must be the greatest sweep ever and another #superdraft. If I was one of the top teams, I'd trade everything just to get a top 7 pick in this draft.

What’s happened to these names:?

Will Tanner.
Tom Warner.
Lachlan Reidy.
Hayden Smith.
Christian Poe.
Fraser Bone.
Brady Pope.
Lewis Crump.
Josh Hamilton.
Riley Verrall.
Taj Rahui.
Max Blacker.
Nick McLarty.
Dayne Posthuma.
Luke Michael.
Will Sabolch.
Jared Eckersley.

I can take on the SA boys, but might need to lean on the likes of PMBangers and eDPS for the Vic kids and Bastyy for the WA kids.

Riley Verrall and Taj Rahui have played most of the year for Norwood at U18 level. They've both been top end role players for a really deep and well-balanced side. Verrall has consistently found the football across half back and further up the ground. Rahui has consistently hit the scoreboard, despite playing a few different roles throughout the year. They both missed the State U18 Squad for South Australia, despite being in the SA Talent Hub and to be brutally honest, I think it was the right call.

Max Blacker got a lot of SANFL U18 footy in this year for North Adelaide and had some chances at State level. He's a class above at SANFL U18 level, but I felt he struggled a bit at the next level against bigger, stronger and faster athletes. He's a neat user and a classy finisher around goals, but probably lacks the speed and physicality to be that pressure forward at AFL level.

No AFL or State Combine invite for any of them probably indicates there's not a lot of interest. Rahui's speed and physicality might see him become an option in the future, but I don't think he's done that consistently enough to get a look in this year.
Targets for blues at 10/11? Was opening to George and then the news came out so not interested there
Carlton are a tough one from a needs perspective. I do think that the first selection will probably be based on best available talent and it's likely that's a midfielder, with Busslinger and Cadman probably off the board. I'd probably lean towards Humphrey if he was available, given he can have an impact up forward and through the midfield. I think if any of Hewett, Clark or Phillipou are available then they'd be worthy options. Otherwise Matthew Jefferson could be targeted as a long-term key forward prospect.

Will Tanner.
Tom Warner.
Lachlan Reidy.
Hayden Smith.
Christian Poe.
Fraser Bone.
Brady Pope.
Lewis Crump.
Josh Hamilton.
Riley Verrall.
Taj Rahui.
Max Blacker.
Nick McLarty.
Dayne Posthuma.
Luke Michael.
Will Sabolch.
Jared Eckersley.
Either didn't develop or weren't that good to begin with sums up most of them.

Will Tanner.
Tom Warner.
Lachlan Reidy.
Hayden Smith.
Christian Poe.
Fraser Bone.
Brady Pope.
Lewis Crump.
Josh Hamilton.
Riley Verrall.
Taj Rahui.
Max Blacker.
Nick McLarty.
Dayne Posthuma.
Luke Michael.
Will Sabolch.
Jared Eckersley.
Lewis Crump never really did much this year to earn a state call up, was pretty average this year and WA had a few players who came out the woodwork and took his spot

Luke Michael still did lots of good things this year and while I’m still hopeful he gets drafted his lack of a state combine doesn’t look good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like when they draft atheletes over actual footy players
I think there are a lot people who feel this way. Unfortunately the AFL game has evolved to the point where, if you can't hang athletically, you can't play. There are obviously exceptions to that rule, but it's becoming very, very difficult for natural footballers to make it if they don't have the aerobic base, speed, size and athleticism.

I think there are a lot people who feel this way. Unfortunately the AFL game has evolved to the point where, if you can't hang athletically, you can't play. There are obviously exceptions to that rule, but it's becoming very, very difficult for natural footballers to make it if they don't have the aerobic base, speed, size and athleticism.
I know 3 players who are atheletic yet won't get a chance cause they are in a bush league they play in my team too and they are guns

I know 3 players who are atheletic yet won't get a chance cause they are in a bush league they play in my team too and they are guns
Not too many talented lads these days that don't get scouted if they're showing they may have AFL traits either by AFL scouts or private school scouts or even word of mouth etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back