Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Used to see Ben Cousins pretty much weekly at the local cafe about ten years back. I don't think I ever actually spoke a word to him.

What a time to be alive
154.gif

I saw Dustin Fletcher at the Coles in Moonee Ponds bakery section. I grabbed a packet of cheese and bacon rolls and I think he got a white loaf toast sliced.
Homebrand? For some reason I picture Fletch one day being one of the richest ex footy players alive one day based on:
  • not being too fancy (home brand is just packaged different)
  • doing the one percenters ("chicken on special honey, get a dozen!")
  • being ruthless when it counts ("that car is an awesome special, and that guy is going for it. I reckon if I subtly stick a leg out here like I'm just lanky we can cause him to stumble and we'll get in first!" just kidding)
I've more than likely got no idea but to me he seems like someone who would have banked most of his coin from playing days.

What do you think?!

Before the Bulldogs/GWS Prelim, I walked past Choco Williams outside my hotel. I have nothing further to add.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is absolute gold.

- Sat across from Robert Warnock on one of the shitty small planes to Canberra, watching him contort himself was great.
- Talked on the phone to Paul Vanderhaar, absolute deadshit and dumb as a box of hammers.
- Was in line to get a plane to Canberra ahead of Mark Neeld a week after he got the arse, was tempted to ask him if his reality bus was broken down but then I thought differently.

Inspirational.
Van Der Haar installed my pool. He's a lovely bloke.

I've served Chris Pelchen twice at work.

First time it was really busy so I couldn't try to stop him for a chat.

Second time I asked him who his tip for pick 1 was. He laughed at me and said it was too early to say. This was April last year.

Last edited:
I once walked past Jack Fitzpatrick. It was somewhere near an IKEA establishment. I can only assume he was on his way to purchasing some sort of pseudo DIY furniture product, or perhaps some Swedish meatballs.

We're not yet on talking terms or a first name basis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back