Canary

All Australian
Oct 1, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Reading FC
Obviously I'm going to say Melbourne v. Sydney.

I watched the Richmond/Carlton - and while it definitely had it's moments, I felt it was a bit of a snoozefest

St.K/Geelong - do I need to comment?

Brisbane/Fremantle - First half was boooring. Second half was incredibley exciting

Nth./WCE - Not great.

What does everyone else think?

Adel V Haw, was match of the round imo.

Melb V Syd was shitty footy for the first 3 qtrs then then it changed in the last qtr.

I watched the Richmond/Carlton - and while it definitely had it's moments, I felt it was a bit of a snoozefest
Really? The first half might have been a bit dull with the poor kicking but surely the comebacks of the third and fourth kept you entertained?

If nothing else I would have thought Jack's 6 goals would have made enticing viewing.

yeah, I definitely enjoyed Jack's 6, and 3rd quarter comeback, but I dunno, something about Carlton that just disinterests me.

(also didn't see Adel/Haw, but by all accounts was a great game, might catch the replay on AFL.com...)

gotta admit to a fist pump on the lounge when Jack kicked the tigers in front.
Great game to watch.

really enjoyed our game over the doggies.

Pies v Port was probably the best game i saw all weekend (caught all bar dockers v lions).
Great team got out to an awesome start.
Ports comeback was great to watch. Really like Cam Hitchcock and Irons. And became a big fan of Cassisi's.

leaving out the obvious I enjoyed the brisy/freo game, both got some good young players, the game had a bit of everything & was close to the end

That last quarter of Melbourne and Sydney was enjoybale.

Hate to say, but the some of those young Crows provided some fast paced skillful footy in the second half. Dangerfield, Sloane, McKernan, Walker and Davis are going to be names we will have to get used to.

I loved watching the Adelaide/Hawthorn game the most, however the last quarter of Melbourne/Sydney was great, especially watching Boloney's clearance work.

Overall, in terms of 4 quarters worth of quality football, probably the Adelaide v Hawks game.

But just in terms of the tense finishes, the Syd/Melb, Freo/Bris and WCE/NM games were top notch.
Tight, contested footy with the players basically running on fumes, crowds on the edge of their seats....

oh... nearly forgot, the Geel v StK final quarter wasn't bad either....

Overall, in terms of 4 quarters worth of quality football, probably the Adelaide v Hawks game.

But just in terms of the tense finishes, the Syd/Melb, Freo/Bris and WCE/NM games were top notch.
Tight, contested footy with the players basically running on fumes, crowds on the edge of their seats....

oh... nearly forgot, the Geel v StK final quarter wasn't bad either....
Pies was great from a Pie supporters POV, but you're right the Hawks/Crows game was the most entertaining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

something about Carlton that just disinterests me.

I agree, there's something very bland about that team at the moment, maybe it's a fact that they're stocked full of midfielders. Richmond were exciting to watch though, seeing Jack dominate was great, it was just amazing watching him pluck marks I thought he had no hope of getting.

Adelaide/Hawthorn game was high quality, probably the best display of skills this round.

Sydney/Melbourne had it's moments, but then agsin it was dull at times as well.

The essendon/bulldogs game was great in the 1st quarter, fast paced and free flowing with both teams hitting the scoreboard. Wasn't essendon's fault but it was a snorefest 2nd qtr onwards.

the melbourne sydney game seem to be a battle of who could choke the most! frustrating to watch. freo almost choked themselves, while brisbane were taking their chances. So that game was fractionally better. the north eagles game seem more error ridden. the west coast love a turnover. must drive their fans bananas

The pies v port game was my favourite game of the weekend, so fast and exciting, though I didn't get to see hawks vs adelaide.

Some of the ball movement from the pies was just awsome.

Saints vs Cats was an awsome game dispite the loss.

Best game during round 1 by far.

Tnn7Y7P.gif

Adelaide vs Hawthorn was the best game of the round by a long way.

Adel V Haw, was match of the round imo.

Melb V Syd was shitty footy for the first 3 qtrs then then it changed in the last qtr.

crows v hawks was a great game - how footy should be played, with some good young talent also on display. hope ross lyons watched it.

turned off dees v swans at halftime - after putting up with the saints and geelong i'd had enough poor footy for the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back