Mr Macca... Review this game

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel like Ken/the coaching staff grabbed SPP before the game and really hammered into him about playing his natural game and not letting the occasion get to him. If we'd just finished bottom and picked him up with the #1 pick we'd still be frothing after that performance - yet we somehow picked him up at #18.

What a great team effort. Buddy looked like he was going to tear the game away from us but we managed to contain him enough.

The biggest positive has to be our midfield performing. The bane of our past couple of seasons coming out against one of the best mids in the game and out performing them is a massive sign for our season.

Our backline stood up despite being undersized. Still got some good rebound even without Pittard which gives me some confidence if the rumours about him leaving are true.

Only negatives would be Gray not performing before getting injured and dixon limping a coiple of mins into the first. I think he will have to be closely managed all year. Hartlett also makes me tear my hair out

I also felt we were on the back end on a lot of the new interpretations of the rules. We managed to get some equalisation with the frees to our forwards but the other ones around the ground definitely went against us.

Solid games by both Houston and SPP. Amon gave us a bit. I felt like our youngsters all showed they could have long careers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what do we reckon of eddy?

barely got near it and fumbled a couple of times, but i think we should back him in for a few more games. he takes a decent defender and the scg doesn't suit a lead out forward much

Not worried. Huge step up for him against the most dour team in the comp. Persist.

PORT Adelaide has produced a stunning upset to down the Swans by 28 points in the first shock result of 2017.
It was John Longmire’s 150 game as coach but it was one he will want to forget as some of his stars including Kurt Tippett (10 possessions) and Dan Hannebery (18) struggled to make an impact against a more committed Port outfit.
Led by a powerhouse performance from Ollie Wines with 33 disposals and eight clearances Port broke a five-game losing streak against Sydney and breathed enormous hope into coach Ken Hinkley’s season.
A 50 metre goal from Hamish Hartlett and a brilliant finish from Chad Wingard for his third secured Sydney’s fate.
More..
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...s/news-story/cf35361fe2f89c64ec3f9090ab283e88

Anyone roughly know how long they take to upload the replay?
I had to work today and only caught it on the M's

Hartlett had his good and bad moments but I think he's starting to get a hang of his role. He was very hard at the footy. That goal he kicked was the perfect way to make up for his mistakes and I felt like he wanted to own that moment - and nailed the goal because of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back