Official Team Thread Mt Buller Demons - Season 26 Team Thread - Congratulations Manangatang S26 Deestroy Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll drag my arse in here around 8pm or so. Nobody drink the stash of Captain Morgan's Proper Gander and I have hidden in the...

Oh; I nearly told you where we hid it. Silly me.

Good afternoon Dees it's Finbar, bringing you all the red carpet action from Mt Buller's Season 26 Best and Fairest. It should be a great night ahead as the Dees relive some of the best moments from Season 26, and we find out which players are the cream of a very good crop. Let's head down to the red carpet now as some of the players begin to show up.

Here comes cats2rise now.

redcarp1.jpg
C2R's wife looks on in concern as C2R sees Finbar approaching with a microphone. He mentally prepares himself for being asked a really dumb question.

Finbar: Hey C2R, congrats on a great season. Are you happy about winning the flag this year?

C2R: Mate what kind of ******* stupid question is that? Obviously I'm stoked. CAN YOU NOT SEE IT ON MY FACE? I'M VERY HAPPY.

Finbar: Great stuff. Hold on, who are those old blokes rocking up?

redcarp2.jpg
Lanky_wes, Headless and cooney struggle to make their way down the red carpet.

Finbar: My mistake, it's just lanky_wes , Headless and cooney . Gentlemen, I've got a stat here that's specific to just you three.

Wes: I'm all ears.

Headless: I don't have any ears.

Coons: Woooooooo

Finbar: You are the only three SFA players to have played in both winning Grand Finals for the Dees. That's a huge effort, well done.

Wes: Wow, not bad at all.

Headless: What?

Coons: WOOOOOOOOOO

Finbar: Look who it is, it's the skipper and his wife!

redcarp3.jpg
Yakker and his wife pose on the red carpet. Mrs Yakker is not impressed with whoever did her makeup.

Finbar: G'day guys – first of all congratulations Yakker for being a premiership captain. After such an exciting year, are you planning to lay low over the offseason?

Missus: Actually now that qooty's over Yakker doesn't have an excuse to get out of doing all the things we need to get onto - repairing some stuff around the house, redoing the garden, the cars all need a service, we're thinking of installing a pool –

Yakker: Mate when you see them tell the rest of the team that preseason training starts tomorrow, 6am to 6pm, 7 days a week.

Finbar: Hold that thought, an actual dinosaur has just arrived.

redcarp4.jpg
Tarkyn, at 380 SFA games, tries to distract everyone from the fact that he is archaic by smoking a pipe. It has the opposite effect and actually makes him look even older.

Finbar: Tarkyn_24 mate, you've given your uber the wrong address - this isn't Jurassic Park!

Tarks: points at lanky wes, headless and cooney

Finbar: Touché. Hey look it's Proper Gander !

redcarp5.jpg
Proper Gander does not like the answer which was given when she asked the driver why they built the Great Wall of China.

Finbar: The best Mt Buller rookie of Season 25 is a premiership player in Season 26! Must be pretty surreal.

PG: It's a good time to be a Demon, bad time to be a rabbit.

Finbar: I thought you were an owl whisperer secret agent.

PG: Stop stalking me.

Finbar: DemonJim ! G'day mate what's been going – ARE YOU EATING sausageroll ?!

redcarp6.jpg
SR can't decide which is worse: being eaten by a teammate or having yet another joke made out of the fact that his name is 'sausage roll'.

Jim: I'm not taking any chances – at last year's B&F they literally served us snow for dinner. You want to be a sausage roll, fine, but you run the risk of being eaten and don't have anyone else but yourself to blame when it happens.

Finbar: Last but certainly not least, we've got manangatang .

redcarp7.jpg
Manangatang is all smiles. He knows that B&F night is going to be... off the hook.

Finbar: You've had a huge season on and off the field, and you're one of the favourites to walk away with something tonight – do you think you'll win anything?

Manangatang: No not at all, I do what I do to enjoy myself and make this club as much fun as possible for everyone else as well. I certainly won't be winning any awards tonight.

Finbar: So there's no speech prepared then?

Manangatang: Well I mean I've got a couple of pages folded up in my pocket.

Finbar: Well that concludes all of the red carpet action from this afternoon – stay tuned as the presentations will be underway in only a few hours' time.

Who's walking away with a Deestroy Medal tonight?

No not the Deestroy medal you get for kicking 11 goals in a Grand Final. The other one.

1547624880862.png

Season 26 Deestroy medal night

Welcome everyone to the Mt Buller night of nights. A festival of all things red and blue, snow, bunnies and cheese platters. Please take your assigned seats as entrees will be served shortly. The votes count and awards will be coming right up. In the meantime here is a little musical interlude. Please welcome our coach Richard_Cranium as he plays one of his favourites on the old pianola. Please feel free to hit the dance floor if you feel the urge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back