Murray Football League (Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, nah they took all my hard earned last year. We are a little off the pace at this stage I think, not sure we are equal favs for wooden spoon though. We will find more out today.

Yeah if Nathalia and Tonny combined we'd still be off the premiership pace I reckon, although I like your thinking, $10,000 @ $81, I tell you what leave it another week and whoever loses this week will go out to over $100 and we will make them the team of choice, reckon we could get the Gemmill's, Souter, Roberts, Parks, Barnes, Snelson, Butler's etc back. $10,000 @ $100+, thats $1MIL + isn't it. Give the players shares in the proposal and we might just get it off the ground:rolleyes::p:eek:

I'm starting to like the way you think Hunk.

Haha, nah they took all my hard earned last year. We are a little off the pace at this stage I think, not sure we are equal favs for wooden spoon though. We will find more out today.

Yeah if Nathalia and Tonny combined we'd still be off the premiership pace I reckon, although I like your thinking, $10,000 @ $81, I tell you what leave it another week and whoever loses this week will go out to over $100 and we will make them the team of choice, reckon we could get the Gemmill's, Souter, Roberts, Parks, Barnes, Snelson, Butler's etc back. $10,000 @ $100+, thats $1MIL + isn't it. Give the players shares in the proposal and we might just get it off the ground:rolleyes::p:eek:

you could call yourselves the white sox

Cobram up by 3 points at 3 quarter time, a tight contest but a 5 min lapse in the 1st and 3rd by Cobram has kept Barooga in it. Harvey a bit quite for the Rumoured $$ but if his 2 goals 4 I think he has kicked so far was 5 or 6 goals I’d be writing something different!!!

Cobram up by 3 points at 3 quarter time, a tight contest but a 5 min lapse in the 1st and 3rd by Cobram has kept Barooga in it. Harvey a bit quite for the Rumoured $$ but if his 2 goals 4 I think he has kicked so far was 5 or 6 goals I’d be writing something different!!!

Results?????:thumbsu:

SPORSTBET ODDS
Murray Football League 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2-4-2010 14:10AEDST
Winner
Deniliquin Rams 3.50
Mulwala 3.50
Moama 6.50
Barooga 6.50
Numurkah 9.00
Cobram 11.00
Echuca United 16.00
Congupna 16.00
Tocumwal 26.00
Rumbalara 41.00
Finley 51.00
Nathalia 81.00
Tongala 81.00

My money is on the Rams... But I also like Mul & Cobram??? Can I have A trifecta???

13.11-89 14.12-96
Barooga def. by Cobram

19.18-132 8.8-56
Echuca United def. by Moama

10.6-66 14.17-101
Nathalia def. by Tongala

8.8-56 11.12-78
Tocumwal def. by Congupna

13.11-89 14.12-96
Barooga def. by Cobram

19.18-132 8.8-56
Echuca United def. by Moama

10.6-66 14.17-101
Nathalia def. by Tongala

8.8-56 11.12-78
Tocumwal def. by Congupna

United will need to improve on yesterdays performance to avoid the spoon. They were slow and even though United had the wind in the first it was undisciplined play that led to United leading at quarter time the rest of the match Moama held sway and United struggled to run out the match and in the last Moama powered away.

I see Finley had their first win in over two seasons, bet the old town is rockin' tonight.
Well done Secco and the boys, what a boost for the club/town.

I see Finley had their first win in over two seasons, bet the old town is rockin' tonight.
Well done Secco and the boys, what a boost for the club/town.
and they didnt even need crawf to do it . i can just hear homer saying dooohhhhh . well done cats, keep it up:thumbsu:

What a great Easter holiday break, plenty of football, water skiing, and Drinking P#ss. Its only round one but its great footys back, Congrats finley on your first win for a few years.Went and watched Tocumwal v Congupna on Good Friday and was a great game, skill errors because of the pressure from both sides early, John Shiels and Warnett played well, White was good early and then went out of the game. Hare on the half backline was there best player [ I thought] but hey had a few by the end. Congupna looked good mainly had kids from last year, moved the ball well, only player I knew was Barton [ former shepp swan] he killed it in the middle. They found there ruckman they have been looking for, hes a mountain of a man, have to be 6ft 20 [ ha in the old scale] won nearly every tap, but slow around the ground.
Saturday Mulwala v Numurkah, went along thinking how far Mulwala, it was even at half time, and was waiting for Mulwala to kick into gear but it was all Numurkah after halftime, that Brown is a gun would of kicked close to ten, main reason I went was to watch Lee James, he didnt have a great day out, and that Luke Cannard all he did was drop his head after every mark he went for, overated.........
But the big game was, and im sure we are going to hear plenty about it, Shepp v Swans, all I can say is Perry Meka you put your club to shame the way you carried on.

Cobram got up in a magnificent game. Barooga 3 goals up with about 5 minutes of play left.
Tigers were a point up on the siren. Then kicked another goal After the siren.

I agree Stewy what a game on Friday at Barooga, The Tigers had a few lapses during the game but to come from behind 3 goals down with 4.30 minutes to go in the last quarter and win by 7 points was a real credit to them, just shows how how much more the Tigers wanted it. Osborne must be happy with that win for his first win as coach and espeacially against Barooga.....:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Also some un expexted results in other games one would think with Finley beating Deni, Well done to sexton and his boys for a drought fighting win. also numurkah beating Mulwayla, Brown on fire he is a quality player. And Congupna beating Toc, well the efoort to find a new ruckman and others has paid off for Daniels. Looks as though the league is going to be alot closer than people first thought...:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great Easter holiday break, plenty of football, water skiing, and Drinking P#ss. Its only round one but its great footys back, Congrats finley on your first win for a few years.Went and watched Tocumwal v Congupna on Good Friday and was a great game, skill errors because of the pressure from both sides early, John Shiels and Warnett played well, White was good early and then went out of the game. Hare on the half backline was there best player [ I thought] but hey had a few by the end. Congupna looked good mainly had kids from last year, moved the ball well, only player I knew was Barton [ former shepp swan] he killed it in the middle. They found there ruckman they have been looking for, hes a mountain of a man, have to be 6ft 20 [ ha in the old scale] won nearly every tap, but slow around the ground.
Saturday Mulwala v Numurkah, went along thinking how far Mulwala, it was even at half time, and was waiting for Mulwala to kick into gear but it was all Numurkah after halftime, that Brown is a gun would of kicked close to ten, main reason I went was to watch Lee James, he didnt have a great day out, and that Luke Cannard all he did was drop his head after every mark he went for, overated.........
But the big game was, and im sure we are going to hear plenty about it, Shepp v Swans, all I can say is Perry Meka you put your club to shame the way you carried on.

I also went along to this game and had a look, and agree Foxy, I was waiting for Mulwala to kick away after half time and it did not happen. The blues where very impressive.

Congrats Finley also, Moama certainly put United to the sword and the young Roaders over Toc, did young Tucker and Linehan play? And Cobram stood up in round 1 after all the recruiting they have done in the off season, well done to all winners.

United will need to improve on yesterdays performance to avoid the spoon. They were slow and even though United had the wind in the first it was undisciplined play that led to United leading at quarter time the rest of the match Moama held sway and United struggled to run out the match and in the last Moama powered away.

jihg, Where United really that bad, or Moama really that good ??

jihg, Where United really that bad, or Moama really that good ??
Big crowd, great weather and a credit to these two clubs for carving a niche for themselves on Good Friday...BUT.......the standard of footy was almost a joke....skill errors from both sides makes the murray league standard of football almost unbearable. Players running down the wing with no pressure who couldn't hit a target within 30mtrs of themselves. I attended the game with a group of people who had never seen a Murray League game and they couldn't beleive how bad the standard was?

I also attended the Echuca V Seymour game in the GV on saturday at Vic Park and i would think that both these GV sides would pump Moama/United by about 25 goals going on what i saw. Anyone else feel that the standard was poor as well?

great to see finley get up over deni. does anyone think they could be a threat this year. news is that they are picking up two more players. could make it really interesting. also liked how the border mail had deni on top and finley to finish bottom. shows howw much matt cram knows about footy

Big crowd, great weather and a credit to these two clubs for carving a niche for themselves on Good Friday...BUT.......the standard of footy was almost a joke....skill errors from both sides makes the murray league standard of football almost unbearable. Players running down the wing with no pressure who couldn't hit a target within 30mtrs of themselves. I attended the game with a group of people who had never seen a Murray League game and they couldn't beleive how bad the standard was?

I also attended the Echuca V Seymour game in the GV on saturday at Vic Park and i would think that both these GV sides would pump Moama/United by about 25 goals going on what i saw. Anyone else feel that the standard was poor as well?

Does anyone go watch another league have a positive word to say about it ? You would like to think that Most GV sides would dish out a lesson some MFL sides , not all though .
You can't judge the game on what you did see , without taking in to account that it is a grudge match , with all the intensity of a final with the skills and the fitness of a first game of the season . You would be a better judge of the game though , I was full as a doctors wallet by the first bounce

I also went along to this game and had a look, and agree Foxy, I was waiting for Mulwala to kick away after half time and it did not happen. The blues where very impressive.

Congrats Finley also, Moama certainly put United to the sword and the young Roaders over Toc, did young Tucker and Linehan play? And Cobram stood up in round 1 after all the recruiting they have done in the off season, well done to all winners.

Tucker did but linehan didn't, tucker is also out for up to 2-6 weeks with a shoulder injury

SPORSTBET ODDS
Murray Football League 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2-4-2010 14:10AEDST 8-4-2010 10.00AEDST
Winner
Deniliquin Rams 3.50.......out to $4.50
Mulwala 3.50.................out to $3.75
Moama 6.50..................in to $5.00
Barooga 6.50................out to $7.00
Numurkah 9.00..............in to $5.00
Cobram 11.00...............in to $9.00
Echuca United 16.00......out to $26.00
Congupna 16.00............in to $13.00
Tocumwal 26.00............Unchanged
Rumbalara 41.00............Unchanged
Finley 51.00..................in to $21.00
Nathalia 81.00...............out to $126.00
Tongala 81.00...............Unchanged

surprising that Mark Brown from Numurkah could come out and kick 9 in the first round, considering he did no preseason and training with numurkah since we have started. i think we can continue our good form and beat tocumwal. a big in this week with tyson saunders being welcomed back into the side.

Can anyone confirm if Secco had 43 touches in his first game back? What a great effort if so.

I think you got mixed up to quick, i think he is 43 isn't he? ha ha
If tru tho, awesome effort, he's been around longer than moonface has been doing the Logies. Credit too him, whenever there is a crisis near by in his local footy circles, Secco to the rescue! Country footy should salute this type of love of the game!:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back