Muscat article - "The Punch"

Remove this Banner Ad

Also shouted MVFC fans a grand worth of booze, absolute top bloke.

**** off. You can talk up his football ability all you want, but one thing he is not and never will be is an 'absolute top bloke'.

So to summarise the case for the defence, it would seem that if Hitler had captained Bayern Munich and shouted the bar during the beer hall putsch he'd have ratified his status as a 'good bloke' and anyone who points to the Holocaust or the invasion of Poland would be merely 'jealous' or a 'hater'.

"If he played for Maccabi Tel-Aviv you'd think he was a legend!"

I've met him personally on a number of occasions and can confirm he is a top bloke.

I've seen him intentionally try to injure other footballers and can confirm that he's a thug. However many beers he may have shouted you and your mates does not make up for the fact that he's a thug.

4 or 5 DELIBERATELY bad tackles. They weren't accidents like many other players. He was a giant toss pot, thug, ****wit. Whatever you want to call him. He will be nothing more than that. Also if he was such a good Australian footballer.. why was he languishing in CCC/League 1 most of his career? He played just 9 EPL games. Even David Carney has played more than that. He was a s**t footballer and a giant thug. Good riddance to trash.

You'r a tosser, Muscat had a long and successful career in the English Championship which is a good quality league. Long and successful career representing Australia too, one of our best players in the 2001 Aus vs Uruguay play off series. You don't have a good game against Uruguay by being s**t.

You really exaggerate too much, Muscat's made 1000's of tackles over his career that were perfectly fine. So he made four poor late tackles, get over it mate. Any player that you can name me who isn't a striker has made a terrible challenge in his career. And no, I don't believe any of the tackles were made with the sole intention of injuring his opponent.

I can also vouch for Muscat being a top bloke off the field. A very dirty player on the field don't get me wrong. But a genuinely good person off the field.

I've seen him intentionally try to injure other footballers and can confirm that he's a thug. However many beers he may have shouted you and your mates does not make up for the fact that he's a thug.

Righto, the man's played for 21 years, made probably over 10,000 tackles and you are fixated on a couple of bad ones.

So to summarise the case for the defence, it would seem that if Hitler had captained Bayern Munich and shouted the bar during the beer hall putsch he'd have ratified his status as a 'good bloke' and anyone who points to the Holocaust or the invasion of Poland would be merely 'jealous' or a 'hater'.

LOL does it get any more pathetic? What else, is Musky responsible for the floods in QLD, 9/11 and hunger worldwide?

FFS the man played 21 years of professional football, gave his all for his country and played a distinguished career, yet all you want to do is persecute him on a couple of incidents.

And you're from Adelaide, rendering your opinion moot due to MVFC hatred.

Good on Muscat on a great and long career, and good on him for captaining the best club in the A-League for as long as he did.

Let's see now. Kevin Muscat has:

• been criticised by other professionals (Leboeuf, Grainger) for his recklessness.
  • on one Wolves forum, they noted how a sending-off at Grimsby was a factor in them missing out on the play-offs.
  • Craig Bellamy: the injury caused derailed Norwich's promotion bid and led to Bruce Rioch's downfall.
  • Matty Holmes: as mentioned above, amputation was a possibility such was the severity of injury, and the payout.
  • Christophe Dugarry: once more, did the Socceroos' cause and reputation no good did it?
  • Adrian Zahra: what will become of his career after that tackle?
Yet, we have knuckle-draggers who think Muscat can do no wrong. I don't dispute his role in establishing MVFC as a successful club or that he had some very good footballing qualities. But the facts are that he has damaged or ended players' careers, and has made many wonder if the A-League is an ideal place for imports to come or young players to develop.

In all truth, he should have retired some time before, but instead his career is ending the way he has played it- with disgrace.

And you're from Adelaide, rendering your opinion moot due to MVFC hatred.

The only reason I hate MVFC is because of the thuggery synonymous with your club, with Muscat as the clear clubhouse leader to guys like Brebner. If those types had never played for you, I probably wouldn't.

And anyway, plenty of non Adelaide supporters in this thread telling you the same thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost my s**t right here :thumbsu:

The only reason I hate MVFC is because of the thuggery synonymous with your club, with Muscat as the clear clubhouse leader to guys like Brebner. If those types had never played for you, I probably wouldn't.

And anyway, plenty of non Adelaide supporters in this thread telling you the same thing.

Of course it is, not the 6-0 whooping.

There are players who have earned a place in Socceroos and Australian football folklore like Jimmy Mackay, Ray Baartz, Adrian Alston, Oscar Crino, Mark Schwarzer, Mark Bosnich, Marco Bresciano, Tim Cahill, Harry Kewell, John Aloisi... I will never put Muscat into that category.

True leadership is about playing in the spirit of the game, and true hard men never have to do the sort of things Muscat did. Stuart Pearce was one of the hardest players out there, yet he was never dirty- because he could play a bit (remember his crosses and free-kicks), and he played for a club where a culture of fair play was encouraged under a strong manager. Brian Clough always had Nottingham Forest playing football the right way, and what's more, the right spirit- no diving, reckless tackles or arguing with refs. Notice how Roy Keane only developed his reputation after leaving Forest, because I'm sure Clough would NEVER have stood for that sort of thing.

At Everton we've had such players as Brian Labone, Mick Lyons (never the most gifted but totally Blue and committed), Kevin Ratcliffe, Dave Watson... again they were players who epitomised what the game was meant to be about.

Players like Brian Labone, Bobby Moore and Stuart Pearce were great role models as players. That's the example you would want your kids to follow, not that of thugs and cowards.

Murraj66 said:
Of course it is, not the 6-0 whooping.

I'm a Port supporter and I don't hate Geelong. Considering that I care about Port much, much more than AU, if I don't hate Geelong over 119 I'm not going to hate Melbourne Victory over 6-0.

Did Hitler beat Adelaide in 2 finals as well? Good on him!

So you don't have names or evidence? Fair enough.

Got any AU players who were taken to court for ruining a career?
:) you're changing your specs
With players like Veart, Beltrame valkanis, ponytail guy (name escapes me) as well as the coach that were dirty. I can understand you wanting to wipe out season 2 in memory but you learnt nothing from it.
Code:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back