List Mgmt. NAB AFLW Draft - Wednesday 29th June, 7:00PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 16, Saints select:

J'Noemi Anderson

Hard-tackling player who can play forward and also push into the midfield. Loves a contest and bursts from stoppages with power. Brother Jed plays for North Melbourne. Hails from Darwin, but plays for Sandringham when boarding at school in Melbourne.

2022 Draft ProspectsJ'Noemi Anderson
ClubSandringham Dragons/NT Thunder Academy
StateNorthern Territory
PositionMidfielder/Forward
Date of Birth17/12/2004
Height169cm

Deanna Jolliffe with 74, the full back!
I like us filling the last few spots with some of the Southern Saints. Gets some mature bodies within the group and they already have worked a lot with Dale Robinson, who is heavily involved in both programs, which should help the adjustment with a short turn around.

What do we think about Anderson at #16? I can't see anyone having her in the top 30. Sounds like some good potential though, work rate is mental and can be developed.

What do we think about Anderson at #16? I can't see anyone having her in the top 30. Sounds like some good potential though, work rate is mental and can be developed.
I like that we've gone a real contested midfielder. When Smith and Patrikios return, she should compliment both their attributes well. I'm also a fan of anyone who has some forward craft given how much we have strulgged to score.

Interesting to read that while she was in the AFL academy and played at the champs, she didn't play at Nab League level this year. Maybe that contributed to why she wasn't rated as highly as some others by a lot track watchers? Also playing in the Allies side t the champs opposed to a Victorian side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like that we've gone a real contested midfielder. When Smith and Patrikios return, she should compliment both their attributes well. I'm also a fan of anyone who has some forward craft given how much we have strulgged to score.

Interesting to read that while she was in the AFL academy and played at the champs, she didn't play at Nab League level this year. Maybe that contributed to why she wasn't rated as highly as some others by a lot track watchers? Also playing in the Allies side t the champs opposed to a Victorian side.

Great points. I can't wait to see her in action. Maybe being 17 she would still be in school, might only be a few games but that's ok.

Anderson’s parents should be embarrassed with burdening their daughter with a Christian name that phonetically is the same as a brand of Swiss sewing machine.
Are these people unaware of the pisstake by Key and Peele of exactly the same issue: this time being the NFL?

Great points. I can't wait to see her in action. Maybe being 17 she would still be in school, might only be a few games but that's ok.
She’s down here for school - Melbourne Grammar, I think it was. Sandy apparently couldn’t even convince her to train, so I’m not expecting to see much of her until she’s finished school. The precedent is there with Friend as well.

Shifter had in his top-30. She’s played most of her footy outside the eye of anyone like me who watches NAB and the Vic state teams. She’s an Academy product and apparently played well in the Academy game. I believe she spent a lot of time forward in that game and I think that’s most likely where she starts.

Very happy to see the later picks used on mature agers, particularly from the Southern Saints.

Anderson’s parents should be embarrassed with burdening their daughter with a Christian name that phonetically is the same as a brand of Swiss sewing machine.
Are these people unaware of the pisstake by Key and Peele of exactly the same issue: this time being the NFL?

Yeah I instantly had flashbacks to those sewing machine ads from the 90s. And that K&P sketch is a classic, how could you not love D’Glester Hardunkichud?

I love that we’ve gotten players from the southern saints. They’re flying right now and they should be able to slot straight in

There are a few who could still step up in the next year or two. Buchan is a solid player. Gentile is a good defender, rarely beaten. Slater and Kearns are decent duo up forward. De Angelis can turn a match. Another season developing there will still be great. All Southern Saints play smart and are tough as nails, that puts them ahead of many already. The St Kilda Sharks before them developed a bunch of AFLW players too. Other clubs like to think they're up there for development, but we actually have the runs on the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back