Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably need to win this to make finals

I'll cop the egg on my face here - thought Dal just didn't have it as a coach. Not only were we not winning, but we were losing poorly and just looking lost and disconnected.
Well, I was wrong. He's done well.
The team now even when losing look like they have clear directive and game plan.
Be grouse to win this one.

And not only have fought back … it still doesn’t look anywhere near a top 8 list and we have been absolutely shafted by draft picks and the timing of those (even more so this year now that there is a proper draft and we will have a later pick). Absolute kudos to the girls and well done to Dal for sticking it up some.

And not only have fought back … it still doesn’t look anywhere near a top 8 list and we have been absolutely shafted by draft picks and the timing of those (even more so this year now that there is a proper draft and we will have a later pick). Absolute kudos to the girls and well done to Dal for sticking it up some.
and we are still not receiving any plaudits from the media or AFLW world. They never report about how well we played it’s more about how the opposing team lost the game. Only one player, Jess Laidlaw,named in the team of the week whereas the same names from other teams appear week after week.

and we are still not receiving any plaudits from the media or AFLW world. They never report about how well we played it’s more about how the opposing team lost the game. Only one player, Jess Laidlaw,named in the team of the week whereas the same names from other teams appear week after week.
Seems there are 4 genuine young stars in the team…Wardlaw, Smith, Petrikios and Richards.
Hopefully that can be built on via trade & draft!

The AFLW podcast was unbelievable!

Basically the summary our game was Brisbane's loss of players during the off season was too much to over come this weekend. I dunno, wanna talk about our young players coming of age? Liv Vesely & T Smith being injury free and playing great football, Patrikios getting her groove back, the re-invention of our forward line after dumping 3 of our top 4 goalkickers? Nat Exon, Lambert?

I have felt for awhile they (AFLW reporters, Sarah Black etc) don't know enough about our squad to provide any actual insight, and the lack of commentary about our play solidified that. Bloody ordinary

The AFLW podcast was unbelievable!

Basically the summary our game was Brisbane's loss of players during the off season was too much to over come this weekend. I dunno, wanna talk about our young players coming of age? Liv Vesely & T Smith being injury free and playing great football, Patrikios getting her groove back, the re-invention of our forward line after dumping 3 of our top 4 goalkickers? Nat Exon, Lambert?

I have felt for awhile they (AFLW reporters, Sarah Black etc) don't know enough about our squad to provide any actual insight, and the lack of commentary about our play solidified that. Bloody ordinary

Yeah I stopped listening to that pod a while back. They just regurgitate the same names over and over regardless of their or other performances.

And not only have fought back … it still doesn’t look anywhere near a top 8 list
It's definitely a top 8 list when factoring how Smith is still settling back in and Patrikios has been carrying a knee injury all season.

I had them finishing 7th this year, which will happen (or very close) unless they lose to Carlton, who objectively have an inferior list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the short season, percentage fluctuates a lot more than it does in the men's game. If we beat Carlton we only need to do so by about 3 goals to leapfrog Sydney. Similarly if we lose, we can still make it if Fremantle beat Sydney by a few goals.

I've watched more of Saints AFLW games this season than any other season. These women have improved significantly each game. I love the way they go about it. Definitely have the talent to win today and knock off another finalist next week. There are some impressive players in our team!

Game will be live streamed below;

This umpiring is woeful.

In the space of a minute I saw 2 clear holding the balls and a tackle without the footy on priest. All play on.

Then 10 seconds later the quickest softest high free kick goes to Carlton.

Wtf?

Need to win by approx 40+ to knock Essendon out and guarantee our spot in the 8, which is probably not going to happen based on the first half

Need to win by approx 40+ to knock Essendon out and guarantee our spot in the 8, which is probably not going to happen based on the first half
We only need to leapfrog Sydney though

Back