Autopsy AFLW Round 8, 2023: Fremantle v St.Kilda

Who Wins?

• Dockers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There was more posts in 15 mins during the draft (or a mens game) than there has been on this entire match. AFLW sadly has a way to go to win fans on this board it seems.
Unfortunately, until the standard gets above an under 14s boys game, and that’s being generous, fans will stay away. And I don’t blame them.

Crusty old supporters will still watch. I would watch any game of any sport where the St Kilda footy club was represented. Will not watch one minute of any other AFLW game though.

There was more posts in 15 mins during the draft (or a mens game) than there has been on this entire match. AFLW sadly has a way to go to win fans on this board it seems.

I had it muted, the things you do when you live behind an active sporting oval over a weekend. Far too many goddamn whistles, yelling and loud noises.

The girls game is evolving before our eyes.
A number of teams are now hitting clearance at speed....we do not.

The girls seem bigger and faster than ours and are breaking tackles.

Players are not dropping chest marks.

Handballs to advantage are becoming more prevalent. Rather than a dinky 5 m dainty punch with no speed on it.

Rucks are now hitting to advantage and holding more pack marks.

Frankly our last 6-8 players are far worse than most of the teams we have played.

We need ta address that in the off season and get either more established fringe players like we did this year bar Wardlaw to fill some more gaps and recruit fast bigger on ballers with our early picks.

Two years away we are from being a good competitive side and if the evolution of the game continues could be fun to watch rather than cringe half if the time....

Glad I was not playing when I could watch videos of me...probably would have vomited at my lack of effort and game awareness.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some of the other games are quite good to watch. If you're measuring it by the men's game then of course it's going to be disappointing. Adelaide v Brisbane was good quality and the top 4 teams have definitely established themselves strongly.

i think theres some green shoots coming through but theres clearly alot of working needing to be done. i feel Dal has got the wheel turning though. the bits where they shine through they look very very good, its the bits after that where they fall away and look like the same side theyve been for years (pre-dating Dal).

Back