Autopsy AFLW Round 10, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch Veseleys hands in close. She has been injured for most of last 3 years. She and Tanyi Smith are going to be a handful, if we can just get one more in and under player.
Ash Richards is only going to get better and does some clever things maybe she comes into the midfield.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, two of our best players are skinny mids at a time when real bulk is still prevalent in many of the best. Another big bodied mid would help a lot.

Damn disappointed to not make finals but proud of the team for a fantastic finish. I'll also out my hand up and say I thought Dal was out of his depth after 0-3 this season and after the last two seasons. I wasn't sure Wardlaw would be great for us as I wasn't sure where the service would come from esp with White leaving. I didn't know much about Chiocci or Lambert except the latter had won some B+Fs.

Hope they draft well, keep the good talent we have on long term deals and back it up next year with the extra game to get into finals. We will have a tougher draw too, we only played 2 of the top 4 this year I reckon that will increase to 3 next year.

Too bad the season is so short, feel like if it went on longer we could have settled into the 8.

A better side than Essendon and Geelong over the last 6 rounds.

Costly losses to ess and port early on when we were unsettled after an offseason of changes/ players returning from injury finding form.

Been fun watching, hopefully they can carry form into next season.

Watch Veseleys hands in close. She has been injured for most of last 3 years. She and Tanyi Smith are going to be a handful, if we can just get one more in and under player.
Ash Richards is only going to get better and does some clever things maybe she comes into the midfield.

We are in a good spot moving forward when Vesely is our 3rd/4th best midfielder. And most of our best players are 23 and under.

I’d be going hard to get Lucas-Rodd & Tarni White back

Last edited:
Too bad the season is so short, feel like if it went on longer we could have settled into the 8.

A better side than Essendon and Geelong over the last 6 rounds.

Costly losses to ess and port early on when we were unsettled after an offseason of changes/ players returning from injury finding form.

Been fun watching, hopefully they can carry form into next season.
That heavy loss in round 1 to North proved costly

That heavy loss in round 1 to North proved costly
Only one Saint named in the team of the week and that was Ash Saint from Port. At least there was some acknowledgement that ours was a gritty team performance. Sick of seeing the same names popping up week after week and most often not a Saints player.

Ha yep I saw that acknowledgement at the start of the article and was like uh right, so no Saints this week eh...frustrating to see.

Back