Who Wins?

• Bombers

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Another tough test

Anderson and Saulitis available again after injuries.

Some thoughts on last week and in general. Wardlaw would want to start clunking some marks. Been dropping too many puds since the pre-season matches. She's getting less supply that at the Lions, so needs to make the most of everything. Shierlaw started the same way last season and turned it around quickly.

Lambert, Stuart, Chiocci, Stevens all mature enough but not stamping themselves on the match at all. At least Spewy had some hustle though.

Caught out on the spread. Lack of speed and agility. Skills are decent but can improve. Not enough of the ball to make an impact!

Friend played nearly every minute but couldn't get into the game. Same with McDonald. Smith, Burke, Richards also struggled for a touch, but with the minor excuse of <70% gametime.

Patrikios only played 51%, that's bizarre. Must've been carried.

Nalder and Boyd went ok for a ruck combo. Seem to move around better than McKinnon for now.

Jakobsson and Priest again picking up where they left off. Solid AF each week. Vesely and Watson got involved.

Xenos really found her game during last season. And started with a bang last week. Hopefully keeps this going. She has the speed and agility to make an impact at this level. There's so much space in the AFLW if you have the players to use it (long kickers help too).

Umpiring was totally incompetent. Not the reason we were completely outplayed, but it's like they handed out whistles to aliens who just read the rules for the first time hours earlier. Disgusting is a strong word, but the umpiring made it unwatchable, no idea what they were doing out there. More umpires is one of the dumbest moves by the AFL amongst many dumb moves.

I know we'll struggle at this level for speed and power, with a few exceptions. Too many didn't show up last week. Any win we manage from here will be a physical grind for us more than most other teams, but we don't give ourselves a chance when there are too many passengers. I can't be too harsh on them though, it's obviously clear that the AFL have their favourites that they want to succeed over others. Benefits for some but not us. I love the team and the club, but we're always pushing 'you know what' up hill. Even if we snag the #1 draft pick, they'll probably end up somewhere else, just wait and see what they'll try. It's a contrived league. Sad for me because I've been passionate about it for many years. Bless our girls, they are right up against it.

Game will also have radio coverage via the AFL Website and App, just click on Listen Live, then WARF Radio.

For delay free coverage at the ground, just sit in the Cookson Stand, and you'll hear my loud voice on commentary from there!!

Pathetic umpiring already. Prespakis takes on the defender and gets tackled, ball up apparently. Absolutely no idea what the umpires are employed for.

North Melbourne and Essendon are two of the best sides in it but we have been pretty poor for pretty much all of Dal's tenure.

This is pretty bad.

I know this is a different type of game and team but I hope Ross Lyon spends a little bit of time analysing these games and working with Dal now the mens season is over. It feels like we're a step behind and I think he would have some good ideas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha Vogt tackled and dropped the ball, play on again!! Umpires should be washing cars or something, pathetic. I've said it too many times, pathetic.

Umpiring in this competition is actually disgusting. The equality everybody is after for this competition MUST include the umpiring.
Tackles not paid, softest 50m's ever, throwing the ball - legitimately feel bad for the players putting up with that sh*t.

Back