MRP / Trib. Nankervis Straight To Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

undisciplined - read dumb - action for nank to do. he is a skipper and much-needed. may cost us a finals berth. 3 weeks i reckon.
He looked like he was ready to kill some campaigner leading up to it.

He makes others walk taller. IMO, he was BOG. We may not have won without his aggression - then it would've been bye bye finals.

Wish Ryan had an ounce of Nank's aggression.

When the fuq is this kangaroo court?
nervous court GIF by South Park

Guilty on all offences. Tomorrow is it not ?

Sitting down working and hear Sunrise talking about the Send Off rule. Where is this outrage every other concussion incident this year?

People saying Lloyd was BOG to that stage are kidding themselves. Baker and Rioli turned him inside out and he almost directly contributed to two easy goals. (Rioli missed his easy finish)

I love that everyone HATES rule changes, unless Richmond are involved and now we want those umpires that are already doing a poor job, in charge of sending people off? Give me a break.

Sitting down working and hear Sunrise talking about the Send Off rule. Where is this outrage every other concussion incident this year?

People saying Lloyd was BOG to that stage are kidding themselves. Baker and Rioli turned him inside out and he almost directly contributed to two easy goals. (Rioli missed his easy finish)

I love that everyone HATES rule changes, unless Richmond are involved and now we want those umpires that are already doing a poor job, in charge of sending people off? Give me a break.
AFL orchestrated outrage, get the piss Poor journalists talking about it the the AFL says the people have spoken, in cones a new rule but it’s interesting that it’s only when the tigers do something that the outrage begins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because since then the issue of going past the ball to make contact has been heightened and Nankervis has form. Did you know for example he is the number 1 player in the comp for free kicks against?
it was deliberate, intentional, high contact and knocked the bloke out/concussed him.
Forget DeGoey, worry about Nank and his dumb actions as a leader.
One week for this mate

IMG_0537.jpeg

As it should be.

Careless, medium impact and high contact is 1 week. O'Brien wasn't concussed, he got straight back up and took the free kick. Had he been concussed it would have been graded as severe and he'd be off to the tribunal this afternoon too....

will likely be 3-4.

The tribunal feels like a scam because it kinda is. The rules are being written as they go.

But if Broad got 4 weeks, then really this is worth 8. This hit to me looks twice as bad as broads tackle. The reality is though, Broads tackle was probably only worth 2 and Tobys hit worth 4.

It's a bad hit. If it happened to one of our better players early in a game i would be filthy.

will likely be 3-4.

The tribunal feels like a scam because it kinda is. The rules are being written as they go.

But if Broad got 4 weeks, then really this is worth 8. This hit to me looks twice as bad as broads tackle. The reality is though, Broads tackle was probably only worth 2 and Tobys hit worth 4.

It's a bad hit. If it happened to one of our better players early in a game i would be filthy.
I don't understand that thinking. Broad pinned both arms, slung him around 360 and dumped him headfirst into the ground and concussed him. Nank was an inch or 2 off a fair bump. Should it have been Rampe or McCartin or Francis rather than one of the shortest blokes on the field it likely would've been shoulder to shoulder and not even looked at.

There was zero call for a send off rule when Stewart KO'd meatball who was a key player to our team. In fact the media were full of sympathy for "good bloke" Stewart. And his hit on Prestia was pre meditated and a lot worse than Nank's.

There was zero call for a send off rule when Stewart KO'd meatball who was a key player to our team. In fact the media were full of sympathy for "good bloke" Stewart. And his hit on Prestia was pre meditated and a lot worse than Nank's.

This is why I reckon Nank will get 4.

12 months later the AFL have amped up the penalties by 1-2 weeks I reckon.
& Nank is seen as a big clumsy doofus who throws his weight around and plays on the edge - even Minny said that after.

I don't understand that thinking. Broad pinned both arms, slung him around 360 and dumped him headfirst into the ground and concussed him. Nank was an inch or 2 off a fair bump. Should it have been Rampe or McCartin or Francis rather than one of the shortest blokes on the field it likely would've been shoulder to shoulder and not even looked at.

To me, Broad was actually trying his best to tackle a player legally, the player refused to be subdued, so he applied more pepper to his tackle which lead to a movement, which lead to the players head HITTING THE GROUND in a way that caused a concussion. I don't thinkhe laid that tackle things " this campaigners going to hurt after this one"

Toby's to me was just trying to take the player out. When it became obvious the ball was going to be released in time, instead of pulling out, he 100% committed to going "through" the player. The speed and method he used was almost always going to lead to a dangerous bump one way or another. He did nothing to really "lessen" the impact "incase he was 2 inches too high". The player got concussed not from the ground impact, but from Tobys body smashing into his skull.

That makes it much worse for me. Its 4 weeks. But to me, it's twice as bad as Broads tackle - hence why i think the system is massively broken

This is why I reckon Nank will get 4.

12 months later the AFL have amped up the penalties by 1-2 weeks I reckon.
& Nank is seen as a big clumsy doofus who throws his weight around and plays on the edge - even Minny said that after.
They need to be consistent though. I have no arguments if they are consistent Nank's bump was clumsy. If Nank gets 4 Stewart should have got 5 or 6. And what's the bet if one of the media darlings like Cripps will get zero if it means they will be out for finals.

I dont think your remembering that time period correctly mate

"Let's be blatantly honest about this, Tom Stewart should've been sent off for that hit," he told Nine's AFL Sunday Footy Show.
"There should be a sin-bin in the AFL for serious incidents like that because that was the difference in the game.

Kane cornes

“I think the AFL have to absolutely consider it. We saw the disadvantage that Richmond were left at with maybe their best or their most influential player out of the game…

Anthony hudson

“If we are using it once every two years and the action is so severe then I’m with you (Anthony Hudson).
David king

Yes there was a media love in about stewart, primarily started by chris scott and zach thouey

but make no mistake there were just as many calls for a send off rul then as there are now

writings on the wall, every year theres 1-2 incidents like this and the calls get louder, this time it was one of our players doing the sh1t act,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back