Nat Wars; The Beetrooter Strikes Back (An $80m production)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's possible that in time people will see the return of Joyce as DPM as the moment this government lost the people. It doesn't take a genius to see that an unhinged user should be nowhere the pointy end of government and he demonstrates this in the media every day.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
It's possible that in time people will see the return of Joyce as DPM as the moment this government lost the people. It doesn't take a genius to see that an unhinged user should be nowhere the pointy end of government and he demonstrates this in the media every day.
Australia’s best “retail politician” apparently 🤪

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
I don’t want to cause fault lines but WTF is wrong with a sizeable number of the women of Australia that they would still vote for the Coalition in spite of everything we’ve learned about their respect for women?

In a sane Australia not one single woman would vote Coalition.

I guess the fact that this barely literate changeling can make it to Dep PM shows anyone can make it. Also, a failed corporate exec with no moral compass or probity can make it to PM. :(

drinking-drunk.gif

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t want to cause fault lines but WTF is wrong with a sizeable number of the women of Australia that they would still vote for the Coalition in spite of everything we’ve learned about their respect for women?

We live in a country where a woman - Pauline Hansen - advocates for men’s rights despite everything happening all around her.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Many women, particularly in older generations, don't want other women to have rights. Society has given them internalised misogyny.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Only in the National Party can Darren Chester be seen as the voice of reason. In a functioning party he would be pointed at and mocked but considering the make up of the Nats he's seen as some sort of ideal.
To be fair, I've seen very few Liberal or Labor politicians say "we misled the people and I'm sorry for my part in it".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Did Cosplay Canavan really assert the only reason NFF are urging net zero is so their leaders still get invited to the right parties in Sydney?

Seriously? He’s calling the farmers union out of touch elites as opposed to the real regional battlers, presumably the owners of coal mines, like his brother?

At what point do people just start laughing & calling bullshit on idiots like him? Although I suppose if Craig Kelly still has an audience Matt has a way to go yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
These grossly over-represented warts on the bum of politics are a pharking obscenity. And the Hollow Man is a corrupt, venal accomplice to their extortion.

The issue I have with this is Joyce said he didn't vote for net zero in the party room vote, even with the concessions. It appears he and his allies (the Member for Manila and Bridget McKenzie) have been outfoxed by Littleproud and Chester. I'm not saying it's a good deal, but if Joyce had his way, there wouldn't have been a deal at all.

Morrison and Joyce will be out on their arses in short enough order.

Labor will set the actual targets, cancel the idiotic submarine deal and then get about bringing in "Truth in political advertising" laws which will shut Morrisons crew out for the foreseeable future.
Murdoch will hopefully die in the next term or two.
Labor can open up the free to air TV licenses to open tender by telemarketers, as there is absolutely nothing there to protect anymore.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Seems to me she fits the intellect of the average Nat MP to a tee.

Actually a really nice lady…but way out of her depth, particularly when forced to tread a line I’m sure she doesn’t agree with. Partisan hacks dominate all sides of the Parliament - the days of Parliament working together for the good or betterment of all finished long ago. Trump got elected on the basis of “draining the swamp”. In order to truly do so you need to purge the lobbyists and bureaucrats that lurk in the fringes

Actually a really nice lady…but way out of her depth, particularly when forced to tread a line I’m sure she doesn’t agree with. Partisan hacks dominate all sides of the Parliament - the days of Parliament working together for the good or betterment of all finished long ago. Trump got elected on the basis of “draining the swamp”. In order to truly do so you need to purge the lobbyists and bureaucrats that lurk in the fringes

Yes and no. Lobbyists also include not for profits fighting for the disabled, local community groups, and seniors associations.

The issue with lobbying is transparency. A few basic measures could make big steps towards this:

1) every meeting and phone call a MP makes is available on a public register after 90 days. Those deemed sensitive on security grounds can be redacted, but this is make available to the appropriate senate oversight committees.

2) after leaving politics, a mp cannot take work related to their portfolio/s for three years

3) caps on contributions get removed, but every contribution to a party or a campaign over $1 must be disclosed. Breaching of this will be punished similar to embezzlement and like corruption.

4) all political parties must have a requirement that to be a member you must

a) provide photo ID to confirm your identity at your first meeting
b) all fees must be paid electronically in the name of the member
c) membership will be revoked if a member fails to attend more than 30% of branch meetings in person (or virtually) in a given year, unless the central branch approves a medical/difficulties exemption
d) party membership votes to be administered by the relevant state electoral Commission
e) only people can vote in a political party, not companies, unions, or any other entity

5) any mp or lobbyist or so on found guilty of illegal contributions or non disclosed meetings or party branch manipulation is prohibited from working in any public office, running for any level of govt nationally, and working for any organisation that bids for any level of govt work for 10 years

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea

Remove this Banner Ad

Back