Nathan Buckley - Next North Melbourne coach ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Btw I am not trying to undermine David Noble here, but I think it's obvious he is just another caretaker/fill in coach, much like Matthew Knights, Brendan McCartney and Brendon Bolton were for club's who decided to blow it up and embark on a full rebuild.

I think Noble will get to the end of 2023, and if they (understandably) don't show significant improvement/growth in wins and losses, he will be moved on

And this is where Buckley comes in. He is the big name coaching name the Roos need, and has been linked to them both as a player then a replacement for Laidley before the Pies panicked and started their controversial succession plan.

Bucks to me strikes me as a career coach who isn't it in for the money or glamour, but really up for the challenge of coaching, and I think North at the end of 2023/start of 2024 would be a very appealing job for him, especially as I firmly believe Jason Horne-Francis is the closet thing I have seen to him as a young player, both with his high standards of professionalism and yes self-belief/arrogance (no bad thing imo)

Bucks has always struck me as someone with a chip on his shoulder/need to prove his haters/critics wrong, which I think meshes perfectly for North and their Shinboner spirit.

Just think it would be a perfect fit for both parties, but still 18 months away as I say, but I firmly believe Nathan Buckley is the right man to well make North a force to be reckoned with again

I would like to see it look how Voss is doing at his second chance. Buckley could finally get that premiershup
Buckley was genuinely very good for the Pies. Not really comparable to Ratten and Voss who only lasted a few years each.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, because he was so successful as a coach at Collingwood.
In his 10 seasons there, he had 5 years in finals, 5 out. That is the definition of average.
Huge pass.

I'd much rather we brought Clarko or Simmo home. Blokes who know what it takes to win flags and embraced the Shinboner Spirit.

In his 10 seasons there, he had 5 years in finals, 5 out. That is the definition of average.
Huge pass.

I'd much rather we brought Clarko or Simmo home. Blokes who know what it takes to win flags and embraced the Shinboner Spirit.

Simpson ? He is washed up

Huge pass.

Beggars can’t be chooses

No way...
If a Clarkson or Simpson were willing I could see a change, if not they should stick with the guy they got...

Love how coaches get more popular once they are out of the game
and people forget their last years before they were sacked...

Buckley
Lyon - God he has sour grapes (mmm & Footy Classified) against Carlton after we didn't want him...
Hird - :rolleyesv1:
B. Scott
Leppitsch
Pyke
Worsefold
So you’re obviously unhappy with Voss

Simpson ? He is washed up
He won a flag less than 4 years ago. By that logic is Dimma washed up given he won a flag 2 and 3 years ago?

Simpson is just stuck with a list with a terrible age profile and no access to top end talent in recent drafts. He'd get the opposite at North.

Long memories at North. Could have been a club great, instead he lay on the bed eating an apple like Marilyn Monroe.

We weren't good enough for him then and he's not good enough for us now.
Even without winning or coaching a flag I'm sure he's still happy with the decision to not go to North. Your club is a basket case and will continue to be so for a long time.

Acting like someone isn't good enough for the shinboner spirit is part of the problem at North, especially given no one wanted the job except a bloke desperate to be a senior coach.

I think Figjam is done with coaching, I’d be surprised to see any club take a chance on him right now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back