Nathan Grima retires

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was going to be a great defender early days.

Well done on battling on and giving what you could.

Shame. Gave it his best. At least commentators won't butcher the pronunciation of his name anymore.

It's a Southern European (Maltese) 'i' so it should be.......'Gree-mah'. Not Gry-mah.

A bit how some used to pronounce Mon-tag-na phonetically too. how do they pronounce Lasagna?

His whole family pronounces it as 'Grima'.

Bad luck to Nathan, a really underrated player who was cruelled by injuries. To battle through 86 games in 8 years is a real test of character and resilience
Great bloke. Loved his personality. Irreverent sense of humour. Got most out of himself

Pretty freakish family as well, for a bunch out of the sleepy old town of Evendale, Tasmania.

Nathan played AFL, Alex and Todd were both drafted and Holly was an Olympic basketballer.

Pretty freakish family as well, for a bunch out of the sleepy old town of Evendale, Tasmania.

Nathan played AFL, Alex and Todd were both drafted and Holly was an Olympic basketballer.
His old man Monty runs a good mechanical business too I hear.

Last edited:
He was a great backman who served North well and always gave 100%. Dare I say it, but our backline looked more solid with him in it.
His performance on Before The Game a few years ago was brilliant, he had everyone in stitches. One of the funniest moments I've seen for some time.
All the best for the future Nathan. I hope to see you taking Craig Hutchinson's position on Footy Classified in the coming weeks.:)

Good bumble, funny, country fella. No shame in showing some promise and playing nearly 90 games in the
AFL. People are talking about him as a person almost more than as a footballer - you can't complain about being remembered that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back