Nationals' federal treasurer, $850k drought funds misused?.

Remove this Banner Ad

National Treasurer being chased for $850,000 in drought funding.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/vic...m_Ix33vgZizjXV5LZPB0AVjFjU#Echobox=1540496558

No work done after Nationals' treasurer got $850k water-saving grant

The Nationals' federal treasurer and candidate for the Victorian seat of Shepparton, Peter Schwarz, is accused of gouging much of the $850,000 he was paid by Australia's largest drought-proofing project.

Mr Schwarz is also accused of then calling in favours when pressed to account for the taxpayer cash.

As Prime Minister Scott Morrison launches his drought summit, leaked government files reveal that Mr Schwarz banked the taxpayer subsidies in November 2011 and then spent years resisting efforts from water officials to get him to either return the money or use it for its intended purpose - saving water.

Yeah let’s just keep a system that rewards the corrupted campaigners in their high position of power where they only give a **** about themselves

Sounds like a great idea

Labor shouldn’t be promising anything other than Royal Commissions! Politics, media and power companies.

Given the amount of corruption that has been revealed recently it is obvious the system is broken. An election won’t fix this.

Let’s get the truth out there. See what they’ve been getting up to all this time. They obviously haven’t been doing their jobs / Or only working in the best interests of their key stakeholders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WA Nationals stand up for us people in the bush, someone has to.
Surely independents have done more for the bush than the Nationals have ever done in coalition .
Hobbling the NBN and selling Telstra wouldnt have happened without the Nationals and it was a terrible outcome for rural and regional people,then add Climate Change denial.
Where do you think the jobs for renewables would go and where do you think the greatest pain for no action will be?
I live in regional Qld and I think the Nats are are worse than useless,they are a negative force on people in the bush.

Royalties for regions that Grylls got made a massive difference.
Surely independents have done more for the bush than the Nationals have ever done in coalition .
Hobbling the NBN and selling Telstra wouldnt have happened without the Nationals and it was a terrible outcome for rural and regional people,then add Climate Change denial.
Where do you think the jobs for renewables would go and where do you think the greatest pain for no action will be?
I live in regional Qld and I think the Nats are are worse than useless,they are a negative force on people in the bush.
There's one of the largest wind farms in the country just out of town that employs a lot of people and plans for iirc a massive solar farm. Not sure who is responsible for these projects though.

Royalties for regions that Grylls got made a massive difference.

There's one of the largest wind farms in the country just out of town that employs a lot of people and plans for iirc a massive solar farm. Not sure who is responsible for these projects though.
https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov....ewables-projects-in-WA-given-green-light.aspx
"The stage two of the Greenough River Solar Farm, the refurbishment of Albany Grasmere Wind Farm and the proposed Warradarge Wind Farm demonstrates the McGowan Labor Government's commitment to ensuring there is a sustainable plan for the State's transition to a cleaner energy future.

So the Nationals are concerned that about 100 Nazi's have been signed up to join the party by the Young Nats

My question is: How would they be able to distinguish the new group from the existing members?

They don't wear akubras?

Seriously with water

Need a federal iCac as much as a banking royal commission
Lots of corruption in this area like most
More we look we're gonna find heaps more of this

Let's look at the cotton farmers say
Mr Chris corrigan and let's see what pay offs he got for the waterside fiasco where government troops were used
( wow)
Then we can look at barnaby as agh minister
Then fair work
And extend the banking commission

Maybe a o/s students and 457 , casualisation of the work force and exploitation of the same

Australia what once was

Could be again

Say no scomo

Labor shouldn’t be promising anything other than Royal Commissions! Politics, media and power companies.

Given the amount of corruption that has been revealed recently it is obvious the system is broken. An election won’t fix this.

Let’s get the truth out there. See what they’ve been getting up to all this time. They obviously haven’t been doing their jobs / Or only working in the best interests of their key stakeholders.

Wouldn't have thought that a RC into the political system would be high on anyone's agenda... Given the troubles that the Vic ALP are having in that regard I can't see that Bill would be wanting to shine a light on the "system" any more than the LNP would.

Unfortunately that is part of the problem...

Wouldn't have thought that a RC into the political system would be high on anyone's agenda... Given the troubles that the Vic ALP are having in that regard I can't see that Bill would be wanting to shine a light on the "system" any more than the LNP would.

Unfortunately that is part of the problem...

Exactly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back