Multiplat NBA 2K18

Remove this Banner Ad

Overall 2k is awesome. But because I play it so much, these are some of things that annoy me.

The overall atmosphere of the game. So much detail and effort goes into other parts of the game, to see the home crowd sit there stone faced when you hit a 3 on your home court in the last quarter to take the lead is really weird. I know that's an extreme and rare example, but generally speaking the crowd reactions often arent in tune with the events on the court. The general presentation has had some gimmicks added like boring half time interviews and the pregame show, but they really have done nothing to make the game feel like a real game.

MyCareer player has now spent the last 2 seasons where they refuse to sub me out of the game. I basically have to force 2 fouls at the end of the first, to get a small break and then they just refuse to take me out for the rest of the game even with 5 fouls in the 3rd.

Aside from the obvious cheese of the MyCareer story, the whole phone message, go meet a player thing, gets boring really quickly. They need to do something to make it worthwhile continuing your Career after the first couple of seasons. You sit there and grind through a 82 game season with playoffs, if you win the championship it basically ends immediately and you go back to the start. This is pretty much a problem with all the modes. You put in all this effort and there is no real payoff. Even the NBA Finals don't feel any different from an away game at Sacramento.

The trade logic on MyGM/My League is messed up. Utah are wayyyyyyy to keen to trade Rudy Gobert to me.

Gameplay wise. I think they have fixed some of the most annoying things, like the double teams, but something that has always annoyed me is the AI at the end of a tight game. Firstly the computer AI takes stupid timeouts, like using your last time out when you have the ball and there are 20 seconds left. Then if you actually get into a buzzer beater situation. If you try to run the play they suggest, your AI Teammate will jack up a contested 3 with plenty of shot clock left .... or if you call for the ball, the AI does nothing to try open up space for you. Usually they run over to you and bring their defender over so he can double team you.

All I want is the ability to normalise played stats to simulated stats in mycareer. So I can actually get realistic stats, awards and results with shorter quarters compared to the rest of the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

artworks-000059262604-dxscuh-t500x500.jpg

GIVE ME THE EGOS OF THE NBA!

Patrick McCaw wants to talk with you about his organisational role.

Nicholas Batum is unhappy with the current intensity of training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back