Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Sydney Kings

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queue all the 36ers fans forgetting the absolute drubbing they have given him and his family when he left last time.

What?
Most 36ers fans knew the club were responsible for that and not having any funds.

This just seems like something you've made up.

Also its cue... queue is a line.

Not made up at all. Social media lit up with 36ers fans bagging him and his family. Saying they are the cause of it.

Really? Meh unconcerned.

Lets take a small sample of social media (which of course promotes the posts that are controversial) as a sample of an entire fan base.

36er fans are usually pretty savage on players they once loved but then leave on questionable terms (Bradtke, Hodge etc) but from what i remember the crowd was quite cordial when Randle returned with the Kings which is probably the best way to view what a fanbase thinks of a player. There will always be a few who go after it on twitter and the like but thats just social media in general.

Saying that i am not hyped for Randle's return. Whilst an exciting talent i dont think he is the type of player you can win a championship with. Also laughable that the front office have only now just realized a move to the city will generate larger attendance and therefore they better get a recognized star. You would have thought they would've considered this once they knew the move into the city had been confirmed. Another in a long line of embarrassing front office gaffes for the 36ers.

36er fans are usually pretty savage on players they once loved but then leave on questionable terms (Bradtke, Hodge etc) but from what i remember the crowd was quite cordial when Randle returned with the Kings which is probably the best way to view what a fanbase thinks of a player. There will always be a few who go after it on twitter and the like but thats just social media in general.

Saying that i am not hyped for Randle's return. Whilst an exciting talent i dont think he is the type of player you can win a championship with. Also laughable that the front office have only now just realized a move to the city will generate larger attendance and therefore they better get a recognized star. You would have thought they would've considered this once they knew the move into the city had been confirmed. Another in a long line of embarrassing front office gaffes for the 36ers.

I'd be curious to see what the reaction to Mitch Creek will be. I'm hoping it'll be a warm-ish welcome - while Creek will forever be filthy at the 36ers management (and rightly so), he hasn't burned the supporter base. Heck, he was plugging one of the 36ers few remaining sponsors (Australian Motors) when he was in town recently.

I do have to giggle at one of the reasons for the move being that the AEC is closer to the city. One of the arguments for a new soccer stadium in Adelaide is becasue Coopers Stadium is too far out of the city - it's across the road from the AEC. So we have one sport saying the area is close enough to the city as a selling point, another sport saying the area is too far out of the city.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be curious to see what the reaction to Mitch Creek will be. I'm hoping it'll be a warm-ish welcome - while Creek will forever be filthy at the 36ers management (and rightly so), he hasn't burned the supporter base. Heck, he was plugging one of the 36ers few remaining sponsors (Australian Motors) when he was in town recently.

I do have to giggle at one of the reasons for the move being that the AEC is closer to the city. One of the arguments for a new soccer stadium in Adelaide is becasue Coopers Stadium is too far out of the city - it's across the road from the AEC. So we have one sport saying the area is close enough to the city as a selling point, another sport saying the area is too far out of the city.

Yeh its a strange one.
I think people just hate Coopers stadium. It is trash after all.

As for the returning players. I think you pointed out unless they leave in dodgy circumstances then they are treated ok.
Hodge and Bradtke were good examples.

I always remember guys like Brett Wheeler getting a little bit of a cheer when their names were read out for opposition.

feel sorry for taylor. didn't even get to play a regular season game. don't think he gets paid out. dog move by the 36ers.

If they had the attitude they have now the season after Childress and Shorter played, when they didn’t re sign them, we’d have another championship. Best stadium in the country and they leave it ffs! Why?

Homicide rocking the Constanza look...

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back