NBL 23/24 Season - September 28 tip off

Remove this Banner Ad

Too bloody good, Tassie.

Could have a good finals series on our hands I reckon.

imo we were making up the numbers against United had we gone through, hopefully Tassie get the job done now.

A Tassie win would also heap pressure on the AFL and Tassie government to properly get the AFL side sorted otherwise most will follow the basketball and not give two shits about footy.

I disagree. I think we were a better chance vs United than Tassie.
The team has been super hot & cold, which doesn't make good odds for advancing in multiple series vs good opponents, regardless of who they are. But I don't think United are nearly as good as Tassie as staying locked in for 40 minutes to do what they need to do to beat us.

We haven't won in Tassie for > 2 years. We were 1-1 United this season. That matchup suits us better IMO.
(United still have home court so I'm not saying we would have been favourites against them btw)

Ultimately this team is too mentally weak though. I don't even blame Rillie for that. He got his arse kicked last night in the tactical battle, but Pinder has been mentally checked out since the early minutes of game 2, and he's too important a player to us to cover.
Between him, 2 x Websters, and Usher, that's too many guys who are prone to doing stupid things when the going gets tough. Plus Sarr, who is a kid.
That's roster a construction issue.

Rillie is terrible at making adjustments, but he also has limited tools to work with. To his credit he improved the IQ & toughness of the team by realising the value of Harris & Wagstaff (did anyone in the country think Hyrum Harris would be a key piece in a playoff team? I sure didn't see that one coming).
Michael Harris is a guy who plays at 100% intensity without being stupid, is a genuine perimeter threat, and attacks the rim hard. I don't get why he saw zero playoff minutes. I also don't get why Okwera got zero, especially given Pinder's struggles in games 2 & 3.
Henshall I get, but in general during the regular season he was under-utilised as well. Not sure what contract he is on, but if he left for more game time & development I wouldn't blame him. As much as I want him on the Cats, I more want him to reach his potential and I question whether that happens under Rillie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back