NBL 23/24 Season - September 28 tip off

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't need Jordan Crawford next year.

Sean Mac has gotten so much better with his ball handling.

Good start so far. Crowd is dead quiet. Aren't even booing Lee. Are we sure this is in Perth.

Yeah Mac is heaps better defensively and might not have the burst Crawford can occasionally do but a lot more efficient. If they can get Doyle back and get a good 4 it's a nice 5. Hopefully this old one has a few games left.

Missed a shot to make a bit of a margin there. Lee was shocking defensively when he came on.

I don't profess to be a massive basketball fan, and I'm even less of a basketball "expert".

But I am a massive Jackies fan, I'm so desperate for them to make the finals now that Melbourne U completed their half of the equation in getting play offs in Melbourne.

There was some glitch with buying tickets, seems most didnt bother trying again.

It seemed an odd system. I know we only get an allocation but I just got a link I could share with anyone to buy tickets. Unsurprising to hear Ticketek ****ed something up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely outcoached

JJs way too good

As good as he is thought they went way too Bryce heavy early. Other guys getting going is what won them game one.

Roth can certainly lose his cool but thought it was telling tonight he was more concentrating on adjustments, pulling guys like Lee when they made the same mistake twice while Rillie seemed to want to concentrate on the refs.

Last edited:
Absolute hellishly bad loss for Perth, well done JackJumpers, incredibly well coached and so disciplined.

There is no conceivable way Rillie can survive this. Had a full squad to play with, home court advantage, reigning MVP, and just got utterly utterly outcoached. I can't think of a more total triumph of one coach over another in a game of basketball- Roth constantly engineered open looks for his guys and systemically exploited the shortest perth defenders, and at the other end stopped the most dangerous perth players from getting it and Rillie..scratched his head and subbed in Corey Webster for some junk minutes.

Cotton was actually red hot from outside..and his 'coach' managed to get him three shots for the entire second half!

Last edited:
Agree with the 2nd sentence but thought the exact opposite about Bryce

He took 9 shots all night and hit 6 of them

I'm pretty sure most of those were in the first. JJs then aggressively defended him and basically forced someone else to make a play and yes they then failed to but that's what that early confidence can do. Then Perth tried to run him off the ball and they didn't pass to him.

Also, he's clearly fit af but you could tell the last games wheres hes played basically the whole game he just didn't have the ridiculous speed late. Surely they could have found him a few more minutes and as with Mac it may mean someone else also gets going.

we didnt allow Cotton to get the ball.

Neither did his teammates. Big ups on Magnay yet again. The guy is our MVP this finals series. Dominated the boards and so many 2nd chance points.

Roth put on a A+ performance. Had a plan, stuck with it. Now on to Melbourne. Expect a healthy away crowd if tickets are available.

I get Bryce was double teamed all night but there were moments he had time to sink a 3 or a easy jump shot. Didn't take enough shots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back