Competition Need a New Look Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

I quite like the shield but as Craegus said I'd prefer a tiger that suits the shield a bit more.

Don't want to be nit-picky but it isn't actually 'SC_GC's shield' but I do agree that it looks the best. I also agree with Craegus that the logos don't integrate well. The one that is chosen needs some cleaning up. Top Left and Right for me.

Yeah look, no offence to scgc because he met the criteria of the OP perfectly, but very little "graphic design" has gone on here.

You want to know why I don't think this needs to be something that is paid for on this board? This is why. Accepting payment for a recolour of someone else's design isn't really right.

Yeah look, no offence to scgc because he met the criteria of the OP perfectly, but very little "graphic design" has gone on here.

You want to know why I don't think this needs to be something that is paid for on this board? This is why. Accepting payment for a recolour of someone else's design isn't really right.
If I "won" I was never going to ask for the $50 because as you said receiving payment for a recolour isn't right.

I drew this tiger ages ago but it's never been used for anything.
Decided to keep the circle and 'bold-up' the text.
Both are the same, just showing how it would look on a red background.
The outer circle is a slightly darker red – helps to define it a bit imo.

bunburylogoconcept.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I drew this tiger ages ago but it's never been used for anything.
Decided to keep the circle and 'bold-up' the text.
Both are the same, just showing how it would look on a red background.
The outer circle is a slightly darker red – helps to define it a bit imo.
SNIP
I love it, but the comp is closed.

Hi All,
Sorry about the lack of communication.It has been a busy off season( We are currently having new turf,Fencing & Lights put in.Thanks to the Council),so unfortunatly the New Logo has taken a bit of a back seat.In saying that we are having our AGM Thursday next week.So it will be spoken about then.We are still leaning towards SC_GC Shield design.The Voucher & shirt are still the go when its decided,That's a promise it.If anyone wants to still have a crack,feel free.Thanks again to everyone who has had a crack.

Hi All,
Just letting you know that I haven't disappeared.Just to give you an update on where we are at.2014 is the year we plan to unveil our new look,as we will need new Guernseys for our 3 teams(League,Reserves & Colts).We still have not decided on a logo yet,but we have been very impressed with everyones logos from Bigfooty .If anyone is still keen to put something forward,that would be fantastic.One of our Directors likes the idea of a side on look.I have decide to up the winners prize to $100 plus club polo & Cap(but am willing to go higher for if needed).

Attachments

• imagesc.jpg
    imagesc.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 34
  • Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 32
  • imagesg.jpg
    imagesg.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 35
  • tiger01.jpg
    tiger01.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 35
I know this completely ignores your sideways design brief but I did fix up the logo I used in this thread for one of my LogoOTW entries.

Actually I reckon this thread is where I got the idea for LogoOTW, and here we are 12 rounds in. Good times.

Anyway
dOZCT9w.png

Just as a comparison to show how awesome the LogoOTW competition has been for my logo skills, and because I want 3 posts in a row, this was basically my first crack at the tiger head.

The ears and the top of the head survived basically unchanged but everything else was totally remodeled.
southbunburylogo.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back