Winky

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2009
Sunshine coast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
About to rip into you re King but the latter made me lol hard.

Seriously though, I reckon King cops way too much flack. I believe he actually does know what he's talking about and he was a decent player too.

You guys are just campaigners.

Happy Festivus.
I started out actually intending to give King some support as he makes some good points at times. Then I remembered the many times he said some outrageous things and it simply went through to the keeper when he was proven wrong. I guess I just don't like the way he is seen as some sort of guru

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
Incels are blackpilled and generally misogynistic. It's the bluepilled, left leaning manchildren who shower women with compliments and praise in the hope of getting laid who are present in this thread

Do you really think the reaction to her sacking is because she is a women?

Do you think that If Daisy Pierce or Kellie Underwood were sacked we would see a similar reaction because I don't think we would.

Incels are blackpilled and generally misogynistic. It's the bluepilled, left leaning manchildren who shower women with compliments and praise in the hope of getting laid who are present in this thread
I read so much weird stuff on Bigfooty that I have no idea if this is deliberate satire or not

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This is a bizarre decision. They have 1000 ex players (exaggeration I know) on their staple who add very little yet they axe a quality journo. They'll have their reasons for it but there are plenty of people I would have axed before her. If anything maybe she over did the emotion charged feature pieces on 'On The Mark' but that's a small criticism.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Would 7 swoop? You'd think she'd be heavily involved in both the cricket and footy coverage, would be a superb get for them

9 might be a dark horse, considering her (short) working experience with them this year

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Herald Sun claiming Kath Loughnan will replace Neroli with Sarah Olle and Tom Morris getting more airtime. Apparently her short lived stint as footy show hos put her out of favour with some at Fox.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
This is a bizarre decision. They have 1000 ex players (exaggeration I know) on their staple who add very little yet they axe a quality journo. They'll have their reasons for it but there are plenty of people I would have axed before her. If anything maybe she over did the emotion charged feature pieces on 'On The Mark' but that's a small criticism.

An industry insider told me that Fox Sports are making a number of changes that include revised 'new contracts' for some of their presenters which 'most' have agreed to.

Apparently, despite several days of negotiations, NM did not agree to the terms of her new contract so was shown the door.

There is no other juicy gossip or innuendo in relation to NM's dismissal but perhaps Carro or someone with no affiliation to Fox may provide further insight soon - although footy media industry people rarely report on each other...

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Do you really think the reaction to her sacking is because she is a women?

Do you think that If Daisy Pierce or Kellie Underwood were sacked we would see a similar reaction because I don't think we would.

I think if Daisy Pearce were sacked there would be a bigger outcry to be honest.

Sudden sackings like this of someone who appears competent usually means they've pissed off the wrong person, I'm sure it will come out at some point.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Surely de Stoop, dal Santo, Dixon and/or Russell should all go before her.

I think this is the point people are missing. For all we know the salaries of all those combined could equal what Neroli was on (I doubt it but who knows). Most of those also do very different roles so you can't compare.

I think there has been a mass over reaction to this.

I think two things cost her the job
1) The Nine footy show. I think that was a bad call. Very few people in any industry can work for a virtual competitor unless you are really at the top (eg Eddie McGuire) or just doing odd pieces of work.

2) As good as she is, there would be a number of people who can do her job for half the price. Hosts can be easily replaced and probably don't make a huge difference to viewers. In Russell's case, getting an ex footballer who can call play by play is rare.

Last edited:
I’m surprised she is gone

But she might have been out of contract at a time no one else was

So not a choice between say her and Dwayne he might not be up for renewal for 2 years or something

There was quite a few posts in this thread earlier on suggesting she was very difficult to work with.

The point being what you people see on camera is not everything.

Are you saying people change when they are in front of a lens (camera)?

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Herald Sun claiming Kath Loughnan will replace Neroli with Sarah Olle and Tom Morris getting more airtime. Apparently her short lived stint as footy show hos put her out of favour with some at Fox.
Fox were her primary employer. They could have just said no to her if they were going to have an issue with it.

Back