Opinion New AFC HQ: Stalled Indefinitely

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting ... kind've.

"The Crows this morning told InDaily: “We are focused on the North Adelaide site and it remains our top priority.”
The club also said it had investigated up to 30 other potential sites around metropolitan Adelaide."

Would be squeezy...

paterson-reserve-jpg.826103

this kinda reflects my view.

I don’t especially like our north Adelaide proposal, and wonder if all the hoops we have to jump through are worth our $65million, but surely this is a great deal for whoever is lucky enough to sucker us in?

you’d have to be brain damaged to not see what a godsend it would be for the ACC. So much so, I wonder why we are bothering at all
  1. Public access is maintained
  2. Facilities are upgraded
  3. Some other sucker is paying for it
I’d like to join the NIMBY opposition to our proposal!

deaneus
Dean, time to go in there and tell those old cretins they are past it.

They have nothing in common with the regular people and they are clinging on to some relevance of whats left in their lives.

Pathetic ex politicians.

Blow. It. Up

Last edited:

Interesting about Payneham proposal.

Crows could use it to their advantage and start putting pressure on to get the North Adelaide venture sorted.

Enough with the last minute delays by the council. They gave us a cutoff timeframe for our paper, how about we ask for an answer by a certain date or we move on to our next proposal.

Interesting about Payneham proposal.

Crows could use it to their advantage and start putting pressure on to get the North Adelaide venture sorted.

Enough with the last minute delays by the council. They gave us a cutoff timeframe for our paper, how about we ask for an answer by a certain date or we move on to our next proposal.
What Payneham proposal

Can someone shoot me the article which spells out the council approached the crows first?
The Mayor put forward the proposal without any contact with the AFC. It was rejected 7 votes to 6. The Mayor and the main councillor opposing the idea were on 891 yesterday and came across as total loonies. The Mayor said the swimming pool needed repairs and if the Crows agreed to build a new swimming pool they could use the pool providing it was not required by the public. He also said the AFC could use the oval providing it didn’t inconvenience the baseball and lacrosse clubs that currently used it.

The councillor went on about gifting council facilities to rich corporations.

It’s hard to believe but they sounded even crazier than the Adelaide City Council.

After being Perth based for 20 odd years and coming back to Adelaide I used to find the fear and resistance to change here bizarre. Now I realise it’s just frustrating and understand why business prefers locating interstate.

Adelaide is basically diametrically opposite to Perth and WA. I used to think development went ahead in Perth without enough consultation at times, but at the end of the day they get s**t done.

Perhaps somewhere in between would be a happy medium?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After being Perth based for 20 odd years and coming back to Adelaide I used to find the fear and resistance to change here bizarre. Now I realise it’s just frustrating and understand why business prefers locating interstate.

Adelaide is basically diametrically opposite to Perth and WA. I used to think development went ahead in Perth without enough consultation at times, but at the end of the day they get s**t done.

Perhaps somewhere in between would be a happy medium?
Refer to photo not far up, it is the epitome of all that is wrong here

And yet on occasion there has been progress when there is the will. The installation of the batteries by Tesla is a good example.

I believe Adelaide is the only city in Australia that has a genuine plan for the reduction of carbon emissions and become carbon neutral

Unfortunately becuase all the young people left Adelaide, the ones like me who stayed have had to put up with the continued voting pressure these people have.

As a state, we need them to die off if we are ever a chance of recovering.

Unfortunately becuase all the young people left Adelaide, the ones like me who stayed have had to put up with the continued voting pressure these people have.

As a state, we need them to die off if we are ever a chance of recovering.
Correct and they are the first to whine when their kids/grandkids leave the state

The baseball field is very long and extremely skinny. Doubt there's room for a proper oval there.

Barrett Reserve I think it's called.

Also not that I care deeply about local baseball myself but there are very few baseball facilities around as it's harder for them to share with other sports due to the pitcher's mound, infield dirt and home run fences.

Would be a massive blow to baseball I imagine if they were kicked off.

Back