Opinion New AFC HQ: Stalled Indefinitely

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha, I'm against us moving here - for the compromises we must make but seeing these clowns I'm hoping we make it to stick it right up them.

Also have to laugh how the Port Power supporters are on board with these people, I cant imagine the real Port Adelaide Magpie supporters of yesteryear getting in bed with the likes of the above, just go to show how their new hipster fanbase has drifted so far from the real Port Maggies.
It is a very sad world that we live in if these are the faces of progress. Port are just being port, like a jealous little brother (or sister).

I simply baffles my mind how this city simply has a pissant mentalilty to these things, in any other city they would already being laying the concrete.

North Adelaide is practically dead as a social precinct and the Crows move has so many positives for the parklands and the city. Im embarresed to live in this city sometimes.
As are most of the residents it seems.

I started doing a thing in Paint but got concerned i'd be too mean-spirited, but * me.

There's a few things wrong with this photo.

#BulldozeDenise
The lady with the fill-in-the-blank sign
The illiterate dude who changes pen colour
What the * is that hat? You're not in an 80's alterative music video, stop pouting.

If these people want to protest anything, they should start with cuts to the hospital system

I am sorry, but that photo made me cry as it is sadly representative of the type of people who have let South Australia wither and die - a bunch of entitled, old, and bitter North Adelaide residents who would like to keep Adelaide in the 1970s (actually, the 1950s..when that nice Mr Menzies was PM), yet bemoan the fact that their children have had to move interstate to get work.

Personally, I have little doubt that these people have not used in the Aquatic Centre in years, nor had any interest in it until the thought of the unwashed masses milling through O'Connell Street chilled them to their ancient bones. How they can justify keeping a poorly used and maintained centre at great council expense, instead of a redeveloped facility available to the public with better facilities and at a lower cost, is beyond me. The hypocracy of this bunch is unbelievable...anyway...

Frankly, if this proposal is vetoed by the Ann Moran brigade, the State Government should step in and over -rule (ala what happened with Adelaide Oval...if it had of been left to these people the redevelopment and revitalization of the city would never have happened).

Franz Knoll - 08 8203 7953 | f.knoll@cityofadelaide.com.au
North Ward Councillor
Frankly, if this proposal is vetoed by the Ann Moran brigade, the State Government should step in and over -rule (ala what happened with Adelaide Oval...if it had of been left to these people the redevelopment and revitalization of the city would never have happened).
Franz Knoll is the father of Liberal Minister Stephan Knoll

giphy.gif

So good luck with the Libs doing anything

To whatever member of the AFC is reading this I offer you this simple solution. Offer 1 beer token per member who calls, emails and rocks up at a public council meetings and makes themselves heard.

The only reason we are hearing these grey nomads at all is because they are the squeaky wheel. Sometimes the way you fix a squeaky wheel is not to grease it, but to drown it out with 83,000 squeakier wheels!

And you know damn well that our members would do almost anything for a free beer at the football! Especially with your crazy prices!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a waste of money who wants to go there these days?

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
Probably some of the people moving into the new suburb surrounding the oval? There has already been an influx of new houses and with more still to come as they keep redeveloping the land surrounding the oval.

The government can’t intervene can they given it’s the councils property?
Apparently they can (as they did with Ad. Oval). I actually reckon there a reasonable chance that how it will play out.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I went to an away watch party at what is now Checkside Tavern back in 2000 and even back then it was quite poorly attended. These days, you’ll be lucky to get 10 people to any run of the mill watch party. Of course, an away Preliminary Final or Grand Final would be the exception, but they would be outdoor events. We could use either the training oval itself, or Adelaide Oval (ala 2017) for that watch party (and if at our training oval, get a one off liquor licence for the event).

When we make another Grand Final once this has been built, put a couple of big screens on the Oval next door to the Aquaric Centre and watch the NIMBYs go off.

We should all grab our dogs and walk the streets of north Adelaide in our crows guernseys. Get em used to the idea.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Perhaps hire an elephant, lion and a couple of jugglers etc given the circus this is becoming.

Remember this is the same group of individuals that had the road from Hawker Street into North Adelaide closed off to thru traffic some 30 years ago. They want North Adelaide to be the equivalent of Springfield - a small enclave for themselves.

Last edited:
Interesting ... kind've.

"The Crows this morning told InDaily: “We are focused on the North Adelaide site and it remains our top priority.”
The club also said it had investigated up to 30 other potential sites around metropolitan Adelaide."

Seven councillors to six last night voted against Mayor Robert Bria’s confidential motion asking the council’s CEO to approach the Crows seeking its interest in relocating the club’s headquarters to the Payneham Memorial Swimming Centre and the Patterson Reserve precinct on the corner of Payneham and OG Roads.

The vote was made during a special meeting closed to the public.

It comes as the Adelaide City Council conducts a public consultation on the Crows’ $65 million bid to replace the ageing North Adelaide Aquatic Centre on the park lands with a new “sports and community centre”.

Would be squeezy...

paterson-reserve-jpg.826103

Last edited:
Back