Strategy New CEO - Welcome aboard Jennifer Watt - Starts Jan 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably a good time to hear from Watt again. Amarfio was ridden a fair bit early in his tenure about the hubs etc so not inappropriate for the CEO to get some messaging out there during the tough times.

Edit: shoulda known GR would be a step ahead of me:

I'd like to know where Jen Watt is at. Invisible.

Probably a good time to hear from Watt again. Amarfio was ridden a fair bit early in his tenure about the hubs etc so not inappropriate for the CEO to get some messaging out there during the tough times.

What’s she going to say
“We manage to assemble one of the best coaching units in the afl but the players have less energy then a nursing home during nap time, afl house we desperately need assistance?”

Yeah agreed - Sonja is copping a battering for her tweet (and probably fair enough).

Yeah agreed - Sonja is copping a battering for her tweet (and probably fair enough).

She gave every indication of drive and ambition in her interviews and passionately fought for the job.

Well this is part of the job. Can't imagine any club president is going to say "no, no, I've got this" if their CEO offers to get out there and represent the club when it's getting smashed up.

Hopefully she learnt a bit at Melbourne about how to manage both operations and communications during the tough times.

I understand what she is doing by tweeting what she did. Unfortunately, it feels like she is hoping these things happen rather seeing any evidence that they are or will.

I was half expecting an email from the club to members today.
I agree but its way beyond that at this point. Its the players that need to do the talking on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, same old platitudes are getting tiresome anyway.
Exactly. All they do (despite their good intent) is annoy people even more.

Last edited:
Could we get an email from Drew Petrie or Spud Firrito?

I would hope that rather than writing a letter to members, Jennifer is working furiously right now to extract as much as possible in the way of draft concessions out of the AFL this year.

Let's see just how good you are Jen. This is your moment.

Yep, this.

That said, I doubt everyone will be satisfied with with what we get.

Personally if we got Sanders and two picks to trade like last year I'd be thrilled.

If they boffed up the McKay compo to end of first round that'd be good too.

if she hadn't tweeted anything then there'd be the same people crying out that she hasn't said anything, for example this thread on watt

never mind the sage advice of "just do something" "time to get fair dinkum" "just fix it"

She probably needed to get on the front foot last week.
I dont know. We had 2 pathetic performances against Adelaide and Geelong and last week was our best chance at a win and didnt even rock up.

Start enforcing standards ffs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back