New draft game

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn you Naita :):p

I was hoping that with the priority pickers missing Mckernan - you would too. :D

Oh well.

Port Adelaide selects Jordan Lisle with its second pick. Having gone ecletic in 2006, family in 07 and ruck/forward with its first pick in 08 the power are pleased to draft Jordan Lisle of the Oakleigh Chargers/Carey Grammar. An athletic tall KP prospect who is strong in the air who can play either end of the ground.

Essendon take wit pick 23

Clancee Pearce- In need of another backmen the Bombers could of went with the best in Hurley at Pick 5 but decided on a skillful midfielder ( Sidebottom ) so went who they thought was the next best available backmen in Pearce who was more than handy during the carnival.

Ok, with pick 24 im gonna take ashley smith.

havent seen much of this guy but from what ive seen he looks a real prospect. fastest time over 20m at the dc and was up there in alot of other tests. freo need dash and he'll provide it. whats more, he has a fantastic kick (can roost it well over 50m) and is very clean and compsed when he has the footy. can play in the middle of play as a backman providing rebound. reminds me a bit of luke hodge (who, evidently, is my favourite footy player). was considering broadbent and o'keefe here but i think ash smith is the man for the job.

pick 26- Jordan Roughhead

i like Roughhead a lot and am happy to get him here because he is that tall ruck man/ forward that Richmond need. he has a lot of potential and athletic ability and he will learn from a guy like Simmonds how to use that around the ground, and not just in the ruck with his high leap. was tempted to get jetta as we need a fast aborigainal crumber who puts pressure on,but after taking Hartlett we needed to draft someone tall and Roughnut fits the bill:thumbsu:

just wondering is he any relation to his brother from the hawks?

Kangaroos pmed me and said they would take Zaharakas or atleast im pretty sure they wanted him, coz i accidently deleted it! If i have got it wrong we will just go back and fix it later. Sorry about this, Adelaide up next.

Pick 28: Adelaide Crows: Rhys O'Keefe

i'd like for us to take Rhys O'Keefe in this pick if still available and if Schoenmakers isn't
Good disposal, Hard Running, looks to have a bit of poise when he has the ball, midfielder/half back

Crows went tall in the first round, so need to bolster their midfield with some skill in the second, O'Keefe is a very good fit

Pick 28: Adelaide Crows: Rhys O'Keefe

i'd like for us to take Rhys O'Keefe in this pick if still available and if Schoenmakers isn't
Good disposal, Hard Running, looks to have a bit of poise when he has the ball, midfielder/half back

Crows went tall in the first round, so need to bolster their midfield with some skill in the second, O'Keefe is a very good fit

Grrrr you took my man!:mad::D

Pick 30- Neville Jetta

Even though swans went small in the first round we simply have to go for the best available and then get two talls with 61 and 62. Jetta is an excitement machine who when is disicplined will be an absolute star! Our forward line and midfield will be great with- kirk, Mcveigh, j.bolton, shaw and yarren supplying to forwards- A.goodes, jetta, o'keefe, hall, Veszpremi and moore
That is an extremely dangerous running midfield and forward line. We will work on our defence later.
Bulldogs next with picks 31, 32

Western Bulldogs - Pick 31 - James Strauss - Medium Utility

Very happy to get this guy. Elite kicking, can play most positions, quick, finds the ball, run and carry is good - can do everything. Obviously the Doggies' main drafting target is KPP but with Ray, West gone and Eagleton on the outer, a player who can run through the middle as those players did is also a need. Is the best available players imo and should not be passed up if he slips this far. Could push for selection and add depth as soon as next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Western Bulldogs - Pick 32 - Jayden Post - Key Defender

A bit more risky with this selection. Post though is a very talented player, very solid hands, good reader of the flight, takes opponents on on the rebound and has good pace. Has shown the ability to rack up huge possessions and push forward and kick goals. Again, could even play senior football next year and provide that extra option if Williams or Lake go down injured or to push Williams/Lake forward.

western bulldogs - pick 32 - jayden post - key defender

a bit more risky with this selection. Post though is a very talented player, very solid hands, good reader of the flight, takes opponents on on the rebound and has good pace. Has shown the ability to rack up huge possessions and push forward and kick goals. Again, could even play senior football next year and provide that extra option if williams or lake go down injured or to push williams/lake forward.

Damn you StKilda!

pick 26- Jordan Roughhead

i like Roughhead a lot and am happy to get him here because he is that tall ruck man/ forward that Richmond need. he has a lot of potential and athletic ability and he will learn from a guy like Simmonds how to use that around the ground, and not just in the ruck with his high leap. was tempted to get jetta as we need a fast aborigainal crumber who puts pressure on,but after taking Hartlett we needed to draft someone tall and Roughnut fits the bill:thumbsu:

just wondering is he any relation to his brother from the hawks?
LMAO is he any relation to his brother ha ha

Geelong is taking too long so he gets Matthew Broadbent according to the first picked in the Official Big footy draft.
Hawthorn up next

Going to go controversial here....

Hawthorn - Pick 34 - Ben Cousins
Thought he would have gone earlier, but the fact that I was going to choose Broadbent made me think. At least he has proven himself as a player.

Pick 36
West Coast- Luke Shuey

Was looking at a few mids/forwards here but decided on Shuey. Quality mid to last this long, dominated TAC Cup and tested really well at draft camp. Will add some needed pace to West Coast midfield.

back to me. im gonna take jarrad blight.

this pick is not so much for needs (i think we need to take another kpp and a small forward at some point), but because i think this guy is by a fair while the best available. was considering him at 24 and in hindsight but i thought that if one were to slide of smith and blight it would be blight.

didnt play 18s but still got picked to go to draft camp playing colts footy for swannies. maybe a bit more of an outside winger or running half back flanker but can easily go into the middle and make an impact. i seriously doubt that he'll last to this pick in the actual draft but if he does id be very much hopoing that freo snap him up. he is a fantastic footballer - reads the play well and makes good decisions. we've got three class footballers in smith, rich and blight as well as a strong future kpp prospect in mckernan.

would look forward to a future midfield of palmer, rich, smith, blight and crowley (will be the best tagger in the game by the time these guys reach their prime) with guys like schammer, haselby, headland, mundy and ibbotson having a run through their. thats a very quality engine room - a premiership midfield maybe?

im getting a bit too attached to all this draft talk. would love for freo's draft to go this way but will probably end up feeling sourly disappointed when we use pick 21 on someone like ballantyne.

Port Adelaide with Pick 38 selects Paul Cahill of Sturt.

A contested marking forward whose main knock seems to be that he doesn't get enough of the ball. At 192 cm and 80 kg - he is on the light side but hopefully with a couple of preseasons - he will develop into a solid forward target for the power.

But happy to draft him here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back