New draft game

Remove this Banner Ad

DAMMIT :)

First tempted with McKernan!

Then tempted with Ranga!

I realised after pick 42 that Ranga was still available before the coasters knew the game was up. Oh well. Thwarted for the second time!!

With Pick 54 Port Adelaide selects Jay Shannon.

Very happy to pick up the local lad whose particular talents revolve around the contested ball. After going tall, tall, tall, tall - Port was tempted to go tall again but realistically must attend to its list management.

New Rule- If a pick is not used within 24 hours then the pick on the official big footy draft will be used. If that player has been selected then it is the first player that has not been selcted in our draft, but has been selcted in the official big footy draft.

How about scaling the default period down to 12 hours?

It is a pass if you have had 3 picks and disobeted the 24 hour rule. So essondon PASS. They can choose between that and cain ackland!
Freo up next!

well so far this draft has gone persfectly as i planned and i guess thats gonna continue with hayden ballantyne carving up the forward pocket.

pretty much picking for needs. i dont think he'll do as well at afl level as hes doing in the wafl but he covers the hole we have being a small forward, a position which he can certainly play, and can push up the ground and use his speed to break the lines. just who i was gunning for in the second round. lets see if my lucky streak continues into the next round.

Lions - Pick 57 - Dayne Beams

Dayne Beams is the best queensland prospect of this draft. He has good foot skills, a great sense and ripped it up at QAFL this year.

Pick 59 - Tom Gillies

If anyone is underrated on this board, it is Gillies. He's a good size at 192 cms/85 kg and this kid has genuine claims as the second best natural full back in this draft behind Hurley. I'm very happy to pick him up with a 4th round pick and hopefully he can fill the hole North have at full back.

He was named the full back in the TAC team of the year, he won the Best and Fairest for runners up Dandenong and he was among their best players in the TAC Grand Final.

http://www.starnewsgroup.com.au/story/65018

http://www.starnewsgroup.com.au/story/61279

Pick 60- Adelaide Crows - Phil Davis

Was hoping to leave him for the last round, as noone seems to know of him. But someone decided to make a thread about him, so i have to take him now.
Tall Defender/Forward. Looks strong in the air and covers ground well. Crows are interested in him even as high as pick 10, so at 60 he is a steal.
SA boy from North Adelaide.
With my selections already of Trengove and Mitch Brown, the Crows should be spoilt for choice in the Key Position stocks, and assuming Sellar continues to stagnate in his development and god forbid, Kurt Tippett gets lured off to GC17, we will still be in a position of power in the Key Positions.
This draft is rich in Key Position Stocks, so although i have taken 3 talls, it still isn't a waste as we went predominately small and fast in last year's draft.

Pick 60- Adelaide Crows - Phil Davis

Was hoping to leave him for the last round, as noone seems to know of him. But someone decided to make a thread about him, so i have to take him now.
Tall Defender/Forward. Looks strong in the air and covers ground well. Crows are interested in him even as high as pick 10, so at 60 he is a steal.
SA boy from North Adelaide.
With my selections already of Trengove and Mitch Brown, the Crows should be spoilt for choice in the Key Position stocks, and assuming Sellar continues to stagnate in his development and god forbid, Kurt Tippett gets lured off to GC17, we will still be in a position of power in the Key Positions.
This draft is rich in Key Position Stocks, so although i have taken 3 talls, it still isn't a waste as we went predominately small and fast in last year's draft.

You were wise in taking him now as he was not going to last to your next pick. I would have taken him at pick #69.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 61- Michael Gugliotta
I am amazed he has lasted this long. I rate him very high and i think sydney may play him down back to start with. So far this draft sydney have got two very talented small forward/midfielders and i felt that it was time to go tall.

Pick 62- Chris Johnson
Delisted from melbourne but i rate him very highly as he is only 22. I know everyone will say Sydney not another half back flanker, but i think this guy has the ability to play as a Half forward flank. He has talent to burn and that talent wasn't unleashed at Melbourne!

Swans lineup in 2 years-
B- Kennely, Gugliotta, Richards
HB- Mattner, C.Bolton, Malceski
M- Shaw, J.Bolton, McVeigh
R- Jolly, Bird, Kirk
HF- Moore, Johnson, O'Keefe
F- Veszpremi, Goodes, Jetta
Int- Barlow Jack, White, Buchanon

Pick 63 Charlie Sharples

Was going to be picked instead of Cameron Stokes in rookie draft last year but over looked. now is a gun and watch this space!

Nice Choice
Had him penciled in for my next pick
would have taken him with 60 if someone hadn't have made the Phil Davis thread

Apologies for taking so long, its been a while since my last pick and I just sort of forgot about the game.

Pick 64 - Western Bulldogs - Ben Speight - Small Forward - Norwood

Have been eyeing this guy off for a while now, he oozes class, has very good skills and just moves very well. Not too many quality talls come from this point of the draft hence I have disobeyed the KPP Dogs scouting needs.

West Coast
Pick 68- Rhys Stanley

After natanui going #1 west coast will take a mobile ruckman here with cox nearing the end of his career, and rhys will turn into the next big cox!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back