Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

When reviewing this draft in a few years, if it lands us our generational QB, I'll consider it a raving success.
I just hope this talk about the Pats not loving Drake Maye is just bullshit. I feel like we could luck into the 1B to Williams’ 1A if the talk is true that Washington like Daniel’s better! I just hope we don’t get a situation where we get the chance to get Maye and do some stupid trade down with Minnesota or something. I’m trying to stay calm and rational about the whole situation but I didn’t think we stood a chance of getting Maye when we dropped to three now that he is favoured to land with us I need to calm myself down. There is no such thing as a can’t miss prospect but I think he is pretty damn close

Also during this episode they state Hernandez asked for a trade to a team on the West Coast to get away from his issues/friends. Bill said no.

Did this trade request really happen? I don't know. Belichick was interviewed, but as is his want, said stuff all.

Also during this episode they state Hernandez asked for a trade to a team on the West Coast to get away from his issues/friends. Bill said no.

Did this trade request really happen? I don't know. Belichick was interviewed, but as is his want, said stuff all.
He was probably still going to end up being what he became even on the West Coast....plenty of bad people, friends, influences, lifestyle, etc there too that he wouldve gravitated toward or got entrapped in regardless.

He was probably still going to end up being what he became even on the West Coast....plenty of bad people, friends, influences, lifestyle, etc there too that he wouldve gravitated toward or got entrapped in regardless.
He only wanted to go the west coast coz he feared for his mrs and kids lives. Clearly he had already murdered or done some really bad s**t to that point.

Rapt with the Maye pick, been the guy that I have wanted for a couple of months now.

Has all the traits that will assist him to play outdoors in NE.

Love the ceiling and whats more he has access to some really good QB coaching.

Agree with ausbacker that Wolf has done well, stood his ground and made the most of the rare opportunity to get a long term piece of the most crucial playing mix, with a very early draft pick.

Just smart drafting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with the two posts above - reckon a WR is on the cards with our second.

Lots of good options.

Who else positionally has slid ???,
Any names or suggestions ?

TBH I don't like or think much of our second round pick this morning.

Cant say that I thought Ja Lynn Polk was either the best WR or the type of WR that we needed.

We dropped back 4 spots collected ourselves an additional fourth rounder ( pick 110 ) and missed on Ladd McConkey and then passed Adonai Mitchell, both who I think are much better players.

This pick leaves a bit of a hollow feeling after having done well with the first round.

TBH I don't like or think much of our second round pick this morning.

Cant say that I thought Ja Lynn Polk was either the best WR or the type of WR that we needed.

We dropped back 4 spots collected ourselves an additional fourth rounder ( pick 110 ) and missed on Ladd McConkey and then passed Adonai Mitchell, both who I think are much better players.

This pick leaves a bit of a hollow feeling after having done well with the first round.
In isolation, picking Polk isn't the problem. It's picking another WR with a similar profile to 3 other WRs already in the room. We don't have a true outside threat.

In isolation, picking Polk isn't the problem. It's picking another WR with a similar profile to 3 other WRs already in the room. We don't have a true outside threat.

Thats my beef with the pick.

Polk is a good route runner with very good hands, but he gets little separation and his lack of leg speed also concerns me.

More than OK with him becoming a very good #2 receiver, but like you say we have no outside threat.

The other thing is that we need to understand, is that our rebuild will take another two or three drafts, so we cant get everything thats needed in one draft.

Thats my beef with the pick.

Polk is a good route runner with very good hands, but he gets little separation and his lack of leg speed also concerns me.

More than OK with him becoming a very good #2 receiver, but like you say we have no outside threat.

The other thing is that we need to understand, is that our rebuild will take another two or three drafts, so we cant get everything thats needed in one draft.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats double up at WR. There's quite a few attractive names left on the board.

Another WR, grab an OT and CB and we'll move onto next year.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats double up at WR. There's quite a few attractive names left on the board.

Another WR, grab an OT and CB and we'll move onto next year.

And in fairness we need to see what they do with the additional fourth round pick, we now hold pick 103 and 110, so if we have a cluster of names at that juncture of the draft, that we really like then that has benefit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back