Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

No Hightower stood out like a sore thumb today. Also, WTF was Patricia thinking matching Rowe up on Jeffrey? The switch was made after the damage was done.

In all honesty, today cemented in my mind how good Brady is. He was right in it with a chance to win. You can't ask for more than that.

He was a huge loss as was Jules before a shot was fired this season..... Loosing Cooks today was also a massive blow.

The Butler thing will get blown up. Personally I have no problem with it, my problem (as mentioned previously) is switching Rowe and Gilmore. But in all likelihood that's Malcolm's last game with us

Butler hasn't played as well as previous years, in fact , I thought he underperformed most of the season.

Obviously had "the snouts on" over not getting a massive pay day.
Move him on and get another CB who's heart is 100 % committed to the team.

He was a huge loss as was Jules before a shot was fired this season..... Loosing Cooks today was also a massive blow.
Brady went over 500 yards against a very good D so I'm not going to be too hard on them (other than the first half playcalling was bizarre) but it became apparent the Pats Front 7 was significantly outmatched today. Combine that with BB/Patricia shitting the bed with their match ups, well, you lose a Super Bowl. The funny thing is, this game was ultimately decided on 1 play.

That Clement TD was ******* disgraceful but if you take that out I don't think I could be too mad about that.

The way Pederson called that game was outstanding and exactly how football should be played. So aggressive and creative.

Special teams was horrendous, so uncharacteristic.

D just couldn't get off the field at critical times either.

The Cooks end around in Q1 was a disgrace too. Tries to hurdle when he could’ve maintained his angle to the outside and probably got a first down - so uncharacteristic of this team. This sequence led to the missed FG too
100%. Seemed like he had heaps of room for a 1st to the outside. I was really surprised by that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with Malcolm no idea wtf that was, but pretty disappointing they didn't even give him a go. He won us a SB. Pretty petty by the looks
There's no conceivable argument to play Jordan Richards over Malcolm Butler. This was one of the boneheaded coaching decisions I was talking about.

Still pissed that we lost but I have been thinking what do we need to do to improve next season and what do we need to target positionally?

We have 17 Million cap space.

A new O and D Coordinator need to be found and it will be nice to hear what the BB succession plan is next year and the near future.

We need to address the following via FA and the draft IMO.

I think Gronk will play on but the rumour and speculation is a worry.

Our Front Seven . Needs some serious reinforcements in pass rush and our LB core needs bolstering.
Also back : Hightower will be a huge inclusion and also Valentine and Rivers will be back from injury.

Our O line needs some more quality.
Back from injury : Marcus Cannon.

Another CB . Butler will be gone and you can forget about Cyrus Jones as he has been a bust.

Another TE . Doubt Bennett will stay on .... but who ever knows with him and Allen has been a major disappointment.

Another QB . Hoyer is an adequate back up but we need a young understudy, thought the Brissett trade was pointless given that we then traded Jimmy G.

Jules comes back and with Hogan, Dola, Cooks ,Mitchell and Britt we ok at WR.

Code of silence around the Tony Garcia OL injury and Harvey Langi LB , so who knows what the status of either of these two are going forward.

Suspect , sadly , Shea McClellin is cooked.

We hold decent picks at:

One first rounder pick 31
Two second rounders 43 and 63
One third 95

BB is a great trader but he is pretty hit and miss with early round draft pick success.

We were a good side in 2017 but not quite good enough to get the job done and with out some serious reinforcements we wont get any better next season.
Without some strategic positional additions we will be again thereabouts but no guarantee to make the last four.
I also think the Jets, Bills and Fins will improve next season, not enough to knock us off our mantle but the games will be a lot closer, harder to win and the margin for error much less.

Thoughts one and all what do we need to do ????????? and what do we need to target ????????

Last edited:
I wouldn't rule out McDaniels just yet. Like the smoke with Gronk there seems to be a train of thought McDaniels 'could' be back... Whether that's on account of him backing away from the Colts or a potential handover in the works, who knows - but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter.

If Bill stays around then the D co-ordinator should be an internal promotion and Brian Flores is highly rated.

Greg Schiano is a name being linked with The Patriots next season.

Former HC at Tampa ( 2012-2013 ) has been the DC at Ohio State these past two seasons plying his trade under HC Urban Meyer.

Schiano ticks a couple of the boxes BB likes :

A Urban Meyer connection.
A Rutgers former HC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back