News New Jumpers for 2017 - All changes in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISC locked in for Collingwood it would seem. This was posted on LU today:

292044_ddc14f1dc61028a236e32f90d5712c27.png

Looks like that god awful collar is here to stay in 2017.

Yeah f@#k that collar.

I have this faint hope that the PI Fire Sale we just had was a precursor to a glorious Nike return.

I'm personally a fan of the thick collar. Definitely grown on me through the year.

The bottom half is fine but it just gets so manky around the neck. Either do a proper old school folded collar or don't bother.

Yeah f@#k that collar.

I had this faint hope that the PI Fire Sale we just had was a precursor to a glorious Nike return.
Nike would be sweet for their off field but * that noise jumper wise. I think they charge a fortune for them. And our off field stuff is terrific. Old template was fab on the SBS design though.

ISC's collar would be the best if the idea wasn't so horribly executed. The front part is a bit too thick and the stitching across it is.. I dunno, aesthetically displeasing? I have been on this forum too long to let it slide, at any rate. The back is a bit of a clusterfook too.

I'm personally a fan of the thick collar. Definitely grown on me through the year.
It's just the the strange bits on the side that irritate me.
Yeah f@#k that collar.

I have this faint hope that the PI Fire Sale we just had was a precursor to a glorious Nike return.

The bottom half is fine but it just gets so manky around the neck. Either do a proper old school folded collar or don't bother.
Nike with the current template wouldn't suit the V.

And ISC did a old school rounded collar without the extra side bits for strength in 2010:
AFL+Rd+1+Geelong+Cats+v+Essendon+NHSmw8Saovmm.jpg

Nike would be sweet for their off field but **** that noise jumper wise. I think they charge a fortune for them. And our off field stuff is terrific. Old template was fab on the SBS design though.

ISC's collar would be the best if the idea wasn't so horribly executed. The front part is a bit too thick and the stitching across it is.. I dunno, aesthetically displeasing? I have been on this forum too long to let it slide, at any rate. The back is a bit of a clusterfook too.

Yeah it's the back and sides that bother me.

Re: Nike though I actually really like their current collar/template and reckon it would look fab in Port colours. I'd be happy to pay an extra $10 per piece for merch too, but I think that might be the nostalgia talking.

I shouldn't rag on ISC too hard though, apart from the current template they've done a pretty good job with Port since they started so credit where it's due.

Looks like that god awful collar is here to stay in 2017.
You joking? I love that collar so much. way more comfortable an normal than last years. Plus the material on the jumper is heaps better, colours seem much more vibrant.

You joking? I love that collar so much. way more comfortable an normal than last years. Plus the material on the jumper is heaps better, colours seem much more vibrant.
But it's not as pleasing to look at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But it's not as pleasing to look at.
Apart from the oveload of stitching outside it, which isn't even that noticeable for Port, it's great. And the lines on the collar actually loom pretty cool, especially on the blue training jumper.

Apart from the oveload of stitching outside it, which isn't even that noticeable for Port, it's great. And the lines on the collar actually loom pretty cool, especially on the blue training jumper.
I always thought the old collar was the best of any in a long time and the whole ripping thing people could have lived with.

I always thought the old collar was the best of any in a long time and the whole ripping thing people could have lived with.
Nah the neck looked awkward IMO. The way it goes straight down kind of annoyed me.
Grayportrait_620X370.jpg

I really hope the tigers jump ship ASAP because I'm sorta sick of hearing about the colour issues tbh. Was it as prevelant a discussion when Reebok was in the league and had Port running around in a shade of Brown?
I think the colour issues are 100% justified, you only have to look back a page or so to see what could have been for West Coast had BLK been in charge. I think the Tigers supporters have every right to be disgruntled in the same way we were re: wings and Brisbane supporters were re: paddle pop. In this day and age a company the ilk of BLK have the means to be able to amend their material and or printing process, the fact they dont is a a slap in the face for clubs who demand a better end product (as Richmond have allegedly asked for). The collar and material haven't changed at Kooga/BLK for a long period, Puma have changed both in the medium amount of time i have been collecting PI's/Matchworns. It isn't hard to get PMS/RGB colours correct to reflect the colour they are meant to reflect, apart from RBK and BLK i haven't come across a company in a state in league, including local leagues including the club I have played for, for ~8 years where our home jumper is black (and has always looked black, even in the sun) BLK are useless in terms of their ability to accurately portray colours and Richmond amongst other clubs have the right to demand better.

I think the colour issues are 100% justified, you only have to look back a page or so to see what could have been for West Coast had BLK been in charge. I think the Tigers supporters have every right to be disgruntled in the same way we were re: wings and Brisbane supporters were re: paddle pop. In this day and age a company the ilk of BLK have the means to be able to amend their material and or printing process, the fact they dont is a a slap in the face for clubs who demand a better end product (as Richmond have allegedly asked for). The collar and material haven't changed at Kooga/BLK for a long period, Puma have changed both in the medium amount of time i have been collecting PI's/Matchworns. It isn't hard to get PMS/RGB colours correct to reflect the colour they are meant to reflect, apart from RBK and BLK i haven't come across a company in a state in league, including local leagues including the club I have played for, for ~8 years where our home jumper is black (and has always looked black, even in the sun) BLK are useless in terms of their ability to accurately portray colours and Richmond amongst other clubs have the right to demand better.
I agree wholeheartedly about the colour issue and apparently inability to solve it, but not on the collar thing.
If you have a good intrusive collar I don't think it has to be changed all the time just to sell new jumpers.
I doubt many people really upgrade for a new collar (sponsors sure) and we often see perfect collars changed to worse ones for the sake of it (Adidas)

And weirdly Richmond's black was fine with Reebok, from memory only Port had the brown issue.

Suprising that the ISC 2017 Collingwood templates don't feature the 125 year anniversary logo anywhere.

Suprising that the ISC 2017 Collingwood templates don't feature the 125 year anniversary logo anywhere.
Looks to be on the back, above the numbers

I agree wholeheartedly about the colour issue and apparently inability to solve it, but not on the collar thing.
If you have a good intrusive collar I don't think it has to be changed all the time just to sell new jumpers.
I doubt many people really upgrade for a new collar (sponsors sure) and we often see perfect collars changed to worse ones for the sake of it (Adidas)

And weirdly Richmond's black was fine with Reebok, from memory only Port had the brown issue.
Yeh the collar part of my reasoning wasn't really based on anything they have done wrong, more so the fact an update can "refresh" a jumper look without a design change. Of course you dont want it to impede aesthetically or practically, I have a BLK PI GWS jumper and it is very comfortable to wear. Puma ~2011 PI's are slightly less so. IMO the collar is a very minimal issue, just nice to see a subtle change now and then.

Not saying it isn't justified, but its gotten to the point where people are dropping the topic into threads it doesn't belong like a punchline to a joke. It's gotten to a point where there's really no discussion to be had until we see next year's jumpers. Why can't we have a break?

Not saying it isn't justified, but its gotten to the point where people are dropping the topic into threads it doesn't belong like a punchline to a joke. It's gotten to a point where there's really no discussion to be had until we see next year's jumpers. Why can't we have a break?
Block Groupie if you want because it's always them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back