News New Jumpers For 2019 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in Mick Simmons Sport in Sydney today and saw new Eagles jumper in the '2019 New Arrivals'...

- no gold AFL premiers logo
- HJ's wording logo
- no Lendi sponsor on back

I know it's been spoken about already but guessing this is just an initial round of retail jumpers before the 'updated' ones come out in the new year.

file.jpeg

file1.jpeg

Was in Mick Simmons Sport in Sydney today and saw new Eagles jumper in the '2019 New Arrivals'...

- no gold AFL premiers logo
- HJ's wording logo
- no Lendi sponsor on back

I know it's been spoken about already but guessing this is just an initial round of retail jumpers before the 'updated' ones come out in the new year.
Is it just me, or do the wings at the back of the 2019 look more wing-like like the classic Guernseys than this years? They go more into the centre, and have more curve than the ones from this year, that looked deeper and kinda more spread out. The HJ's box logo doesn't look too bad in the flesh as the white doesn't look totally out of place since the Eagle's eye is white. For people who don't like cut off wings, get this while you can! :p

Will this first wave of 2019 West Coast guernseys become super rare and collectable? Particularly without the gold logo applied?

Buy! Buy! Buy!
Especially if HJs have no idea what they're doing.

I like this application of the sponsor because it actually feels more retro than the one they've worn for 20-odd years. I think it's the font. As far as boxy sponsors go, it's a cool one.

But the HJs 'bun' logo is almost more ubiquitous than the wordmark. You could put any word in between it and so long as they're red and in the font, people won't read it. I don't really like advocating for s**t junk food like that, but it is a pretty classic Aussie logo. It's a bit like if Hyundai just put the 'h' logo on the back instead of the wordmark, or Perth Glory just had the QBE links. The company name might actually tell you what the product is better, but the logo is so old and known that it's probably more marketable.

Especially when its on the front and going to be on a small scale.

nope i campaignered for our actual yellow from our logo. didnt think they would just copy dortmund yellow
I know you wrote c*nted I just know it. I fully agree with you though. The slightly orange tinted yellow like what the hawks have is perfect.

Just found this, these pics are also on North's instagram. Enough to assume theyre keeping the og Blue stripes on white? Im convinced at least
IMG_5596.PNG

Just found this, these pics are also on North's instagram. Enough to assume theyre keeping the og Blue stripes on white? Im convinced at least
View attachment 592634
There would be the old logos watermarked on the white jumper just like they are on their home one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you wrote c*nted I just know it. I fully agree with you though. The slightly orange tinted yellow like what the hawks have is perfect.
nah hawks too dark for us imo although we have used one that dark in our history multiple times

i think the perfect yellow is the next one or 2 down from what we have now . keeps the brightness but gets rid of the fluroness

That’s a flashback photo from a few years ago, not a 2019 jersey

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah I understand that, What I meant to say is if its a 2019 jumper wouldn't it have the old North logos watermarked like they do on their current blue jumper.

Yeah I understand that, What I meant to say is if its a 2019 jumper wouldn't it have the old North logos watermarked like they do on their current blue jumper.
Good point but why put the jumper on a new 2019 player if hes not going to play in it. Theyd be plugging their 2019 jumpers on these players. Either way its a strange choice

Last edited:
That's a shame, I wanted them to wear a home front, red back guernsey against the big 4 sides in particular
Was that ever going to be a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back